• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver and fools gold!

silverspeed

I just wanted to see peoples thoughts on this matter. Will the price be higher or lower this time next year and does this matter for the long term investor of more than 10 years?

I am sure we all try to find a bargain or save a dollar/pound/euro here or there on a purchase of coins, bars or rounds.

predominantly who will be the king of castle the bar collectors, coin collectors or a mixer of both?

i have always thought that the collector of rare coins will be the winner but with the amount of bullion coins being issued in the ten's of millions bring around a very sobering fact that maybe quantity will out weigh the rarity of such modern investments.

also looking forward in to the foreseeable future as prices may rise in due course that the general public  unaware of what could happen if such investments do sky rocket who will jump on this taking it to the next level of over the high's of $50s. It raises the moral question, is it right the sell to a fool knowing they may go through the same pain as those that suffered  during 2011 to 2015?

will you hold on after $50?

i look forward to any reply's thank you.

if you do not sell to the fool at $50, are you not encouraging

them to buy at a higher price from someone else as you've

just removed a unit of supply? in this case your actions does

not determine the pain they will suffer so there's no moral

issue. buy and sell honestly at any price and sleep well

knowing that you have scammed no one.

I vote higher, coins, rares and be dynamic about when to buy

and sell.

HH

This time next year, I think price will be higher. Stackers will be the winners as % rise for them will be higher than for collectors, who will probably win long term.

Or more accurately, longer term, not necessarily long term.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Stackers will be the winners as % rise for them will be higher than for collectors, who will probably win long term.

Very well put Steve.

I guess it's all about selling at the right time, at the right price, to the right person.

That goes for stackers and collectors.

Stacker since 2013

Agree with HH there is no morality issue when it comes to honest trade. Value is relative to whatever an individual is willing to pay. You are not taking advantage, they are making a personal judgement about golds value just as you on the other side are making a judgement on the value of what you receive in return. You offer your goods for sale willingly, they pay what they think its worth willingly. Where is the problem? No one knows for certain what will happen to the market after that trade is complete. In all likelihood we will exchange metals for currency, who is to say that is not the foolish thing to do at that point? :)

Stacker vs Numismatics - who will be in the best position in 10 years? It depends on what happens to the paid premium on your chosen numismatic vs the spot price simply. Impossible to know. If you stack bullion you are at least guaranteed the spot price up or down. No guarantees or limits on premiums up or down.

I think spot price is going to be higher by end of the year. Technically there is a pull back due at some point, a buying opportunity. I think we have seen the bottom but could be wrong, hope I am. Can't seem to get enough shiny rock.  

Personally, I think that in the next 5-6 years we will be seeing 2008 prices, i.e. approaching mid ÂŁ20's and maybe towards ÂŁ30.

I have promised myself that, assuming nothing bad has happened currency wise, I'll sell up completely at ÂŁ25 and put a deposit down on a little weekend house.

Stacker since 2013

some fantastic replies here which shall put my moral compass to correction for sure. personally i am seeing silver within the £20 to £35 mark but shall keep collecting and solider  on converting to more collectibles down the line. thank you to all that replied.

7 hours ago, gkoogk said:

I hope so..as a new buyer I just bought over 500 ounces this month

I cashed in my premium bonds and bought silver..hope I done the right thing :)

That's some heavy buying.  It might be you forcing the price up. :D

8 hours ago, gkoogk said:

Just curious to know what you choose to buy as a new stacker and why silver and not gold.

Lowest per oz like Maples, ASEs, Phillies, quality capsuled Kooks, Pandas etc. or bars ?

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Just curious to know what you choose to buy as a new stacker and why silver and not gold.

Lowest per oz like Maples, ASEs, Phillies, quality capsuled Kooks, Pandas etc. or bars ?

+1

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

10 hours ago, gkoogk said:

maybe a good plan, shame you didn't do it a few months ago;):)

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

It might go up, it might down down. Differences of opinion are what make a market.

As for the moral implications, is that a joke? Unless you are selling fakes then their is nothing to consider. Both are you are getting a deal out of it. You are selling because you want to convert to cash. They are buying because they want to go the other direction. It's a 2 way street. 

Archived