• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Harrington & Byrne 2022 bullion sovereign offer

MickB

45 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

Wonder if they will come in the tell tale H&B capsules. I like them lol

Very happy to hear it’s being released in bullion version. Think I’m going to treat myself to a tube 😲

I like the capsules they put them in too. They don’t scrimp on presentation.

3 hours ago, Foster88 said:

Anyyyywayyyy for anyone just joining this thread tonight the 2022 bullion sovereign from Harrington & Byrne is still currently £319. 😆

Decided to just pick one up now, probably best price you will get one of these for at release / going forward . Glad I didn't miss this. 

8 hours ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

Wonder if they will come in the tell tale H&B capsules. I like them lol

Very happy to hear it’s being released in bullion version. Think I’m going to treat myself to a tube 😲

Where will yo get the other T-1 from?*

* Where T = 25, or whatever quantity the RM decide to put in a tube this year?

Or do you have 24 helpful friends, neighbours, dogs, etc, with different addresses?

Chards

A similar company (possibly related to this one - based in Poole) did a loss-leader deal on a coin which i purchased. Unbeknown to me (and subsequently found in very small print) i had agreed to a series of coins. As soon as i noticed this i emailed the company and informed them i wished to opt out of all further coins....

Of course, a month or so later the second coin appeared through the post. When i contacted them and pointed out that i had stated in writing i wished to receive no further coins they requested that i send it back. I declined to do so and informed then that it could be collected from my home address, by appointment, during working hours.

They told me to keep it gratis.

Subsequent to that i receive approximately 3 glossy advertising letters from them a week. 

I must be costing that company a fortune and can only assume that enough people buy their over-priced stuff to make this business model viable. 

13 minutes ago, TeaTime said:

A similar company (possibly related to this one - based in Poole) did a loss-leader deal on a coin which i purchased. Unbeknown to me (and subsequently found in very small print) i had agreed to a series of coins.

That's rather alarming. H and B operate from Bournemouth, however. I didn't notice any small print when I ordered my 2022 sovereign from them. Did any one else?

40 minutes ago, TeaTime said:

A similar company (possibly related to this one - based in Poole) did a loss-leader deal on a coin which i purchased. Unbeknown to me (and subsequently found in very small print) i had agreed to a series of coins. As soon as i noticed this i emailed the company and informed them i wished to opt out of all further coins....

Of course, a month or so later the second coin appeared through the post. When i contacted them and pointed out that i had stated in writing i wished to receive no further coins they requested that i send it back. I declined to do so and informed then that it could be collected from my home address, by appointment, during working hours.

Subsequent to that i receive approximately 3 glossy advertising letters from them a week. 

I must be costing that company a fortune and can only assume that enough people buy their over-priced stuff to make this business model viable. 

I think it’s the London Mint Office that do this. I didn’t see anything that H&B do this, other than the glossy postal marketing. 

H&B don't like us Aussies. Placed my order for the 2022 bullion sov, paid via credit card, received order confirmation......now only cos I was looking at my credit card statement online I noticed a credit back from H&B a couple of days later...no email explanation and I'm out the bank fees to boot.

Have sent email asking for an explanation but doubt I'll get a response. Either way, poor form on their part. Two other bullion dealers on this forum have been much more accommodating and a pleasure to deal with...Oh well they both get my $ from now on...hopefully I can get a 2022 bullion sov at a decent price out of the Uk cos once they land here, they are as dear as poison.

48 minutes ago, Oddjob said:

H&B don't like us Aussies. Placed my order for the 2022 bullion sov, paid via credit card, received order confirmation......now only cos I was looking at my credit card statement online I noticed a credit back from H&B a couple of days later...no email explanation and I'm out the bank fees to boot.

Have sent email asking for an explanation but doubt I'll get a response. Either way, poor form on their part. Two other bullion dealers on this forum have been much more accommodating and a pleasure to deal with...Oh well they both get my $ from now on...hopefully I can get a 2022 bullion sov at a decent price out of the Uk cos once they land here, they are as dear as poison.

That is clearly a breach of contract - an offer, an acceptance, and a valuable consideration given. It might be worth your while to remind them of this and state that you are considering an  action in the English small claims court (up to £10,000 now, I am told) against them (even if it is unrealistic for you from Australia). It might make them honour the contract.

3 hours ago, TeaTime said:

Presumably Westminster.

There seem to be numerous off-shoots, probably ex-Westminster employees, seeing how much Westminster make, and deciding they can join in.

Chards

For those that ordered one of these, is your order still stuck on 'processing'? I assume it will stay this way until they have stock in hand and start sending them but I thought I'd ask in case they're reconsidering mine after I emailed them 🤣

On 08/12/2021 at 09:10, RDHC said:

The reverse design shown by H and B is not guaranteed to be the actual one, so far as I know. Chards are very circumspect about this. And there is no mention of this offer on the H and B website.

This is our mockup of the reverse, based on a Photoshopped original of the proof:

2022GoldBullionFullSovereignElizabethIITheRoyalMintFifthPortraitrev1400p.thumb.jpg.99bdff6f084dbc321249baed93d48de9.jpg

Although we did an alternative version allowing for RM QC, to follow!

Edited by LawrenceChard
clarification

Chards

2 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

This is our mockup of the reverse:

2022GoldBullionFullSovereignElizabethIITheRoyalMintFifthPortraitrev1400p.thumb.jpg.99bdff6f084dbc321249baed93d48de9.jpg

Although we did an alternative version allowing for RM QC, to follow!

Very nice, too. And a much better colour than I would expect the actual coin to be. Thank you Lawrence.

Roger

1 hour ago, RDHC said:

That is clearly a breach of contract - an offer, an acceptance, and a valuable consideration given. It might be worth your while to remind them of this and state that you are considering an  action in the English small claims court (up to £10,000 now, I am told) against them (even if it is unrealistic for you from Australia). It might make them honour the contract.

Not sure it's worth my wild expending time and $ for AUD600 odd coin, but I can remind them of this and there reputation. Thanks for your comment @RDHC.

As I started to type this reply, H&B did reply with quite the cold , short and sharp email "we don't send to non UK addresses etc".  Thus I replied just now as if they were an Australian company trying to squirm out of a transaction and reminded them of the keys points as you have rightly noted RDHC re offer, acceptance and establishment of contract. Lets see how that goes....🤨

1 minute ago, RDHC said:

Very nice, too. And a much better colour than I would expect the actual coin to be. Thank you Lawrence.

Roger

You are welcome.

... and you just gave me an idea...

.. How does anyone think gold-plated ones would look?

I also have other ideas...

😎

Chards

1 hour ago, Oddjob said:

Not sure it's worth my wild expending time and $ for AUD600 odd coin, but I can remind them of this and there reputation. Thanks for your comment @RDHC.

As I started to type this reply, H&B did reply with quite the cold , short and sharp email "we don't send to non UK addresses etc".  Thus I replied just now as if they were an Australian company trying to squirm out of a transaction and reminded them of the keys points as you have rightly noted RDHC re offer, acceptance and establishment of contract. Lets see how that goes....🤨

No, not worthwhile to spend any money or much time, I agree, but, a further point, did they state clearly in the offer that they would not ship to Australia? If not, it would not  be part of the contract, unless they also referred you to their 'terms and conditions', and made them accessible to you, that might include such a restriction. My guess is that they did not allow for overseas applications and there might be no such restriction.

18 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

do chards still price match???? @LawrenceChard   

I realise you were joking (well I hope so). 😎

It's not part of our usual practice largely because we hardly need to, but in case nobody  noticed, we do include other dealer comparison prices on many of our bullion and other popular items.

We definitly wouldn't price match H&B's loss leaders, or those from some other CMCs (Coin Marketing Companies), but we would be more than happy to get the sort of price they ask for amost anything else.  

Chards