• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Pre-order next 2 weeks only - New China Tri-metalic dragon and phoenix series medals

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Thanks to all those who pre ordered I think you made an excellent choice. Medals arrived today and will be sent out on Monday.

1st type

1ac707184ef27eaef4b66600226441ed.jpg

eb60b722c0a1b97686d02f2e14d40b8e.jpg

2nd type

516c18879c64ec7e7a74f094e9b890f3.jpg

68446c6d5604ac8c050c973a04b34c1d.jpg

ba143b45860ab05e8e1c85b3819abd34.jpg

891b82292a095a6d8b429b8c73227a10.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't resist taking some more pics. I think this is the prettiest medal series I know of..

2aa13f75cfd60a5a086a48a344419f2a.jpg

3164f231ad46ba11ccdf14a34cf4f96b.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I thought why not add to this thread these pics of some medals that are on the way back from NGC right now.

586b35516b3abda1bf4944a8d4344031.jpg

Dragon and Phoenix #1

06d77f0975b2918e56a7c692a52a0b42.jpg

Dragon and Phoenix #2 first to be graded

6f42769b94d53550fd4918dbe153fe65.jpg

Chinese gardens in brass

e79f9bbddccf2c04d43955ac3e7d9247.jpg

Panda Lunar Goat ms68 is top grade for this with pop of 2

dd1dbe7fe75f3f25118550d8d1142d1c.jpg

Panda lunar monkey MS69 X 2 and again these two are highest grade at NGC

• 3 weeks later...

A few weeks ago one of the Silver Dragon and Phoenix medals was returned as the brass side had a mark in the brass.

I gave a refund on the medal but I thought as an experiment it would be interesting to send it to be conserved in the United States by NGC.

I have not got the coin back yet but I do have the results of the conservation and grading and I am delighted with the result.

After conservation and grading they were able to give the metal a proof 68 which is very respectable even for this type of metal that was not conserved.

If you remember that with two varieties of this metal, one with silver on the obverse and one with silver on the reverse.

NGC seem to have a lot of trouble telling the obverse from the reverse sometimes!

60349747ea27482e9e0bfad54215a0bc.png

60eeb2d1943c40d7408a4b10d6a19d87.png

Hi 

i'm interested in Both of them If still available?

There may be one or two available from www.chinesemedals.com other than that it's eBay.

This one is a #5 antique silver. I saw one sell on eBay the other day for $468

9c64adbdb3b1c94bef8fec7bdd62508c.jpg

Just noticed that this is listed on the Chinese Medals site at  $ 420 and similarly these appear to be offered via Andrew out of Singapore. Thus assume that this is part of their private commission and a continuation of the theme 

Andrew will always be a little cheaper from his own store. Yes #5 is a continuation. I bought two and they will go to NGC soon with some other stuff.

I think these will be tough to find as the mint kept 30.

Have you seen the pics for the Mandarin Duck and Swan Medal?

It doesn't look very impressive and the Dragon & Phoenix design is going to be hard to top.

IMG_9935.JPG

IMG_9933.JPG

I had not seen the swan side. It is Trimet and I know a lot of effort went into the design and minting process. I love the dragon and phonenix design as it's exciting and I would like to see more design like the dragon and Phoenix.

On 7/26/2016 at 01:14, morezone said:

It doesn't look very impressive and the Dragon & Phoenix design is going to be hard to top.

Hummm....... Anyone taking bets on how many PF/MS-70 there will be for this medal. 

Agree with you, this does seem a poor offering compared to the the series I D&P. May be a clear example of second album syndrome

More of a case of collector fever than common sense; but took the plunge and bought one. Have to  wait to see what turns up

-

Hummm....... Anyone taking bets on how many PF/MS-70 there will be for this medal. 

Agree with you, this does seem a poor offering compared to the the series I D&P. May be a clear example of second album syndrome

More of a case of collector fever than common sense; but took the plunge and bought one. Have to  wait to see what turns up

-

I ordered 2 and will have them graded. The forever loving swans are cute and it's technically interesting. I have no great expectations on this one but there will be a series same as the D&P with different permutations.

The D&P is a brilliant and innovative medal. If you can find one but it!

I bought one too.  I'll probably buy type 2 as well but won't bother with 3-5 since I didn't buy it in the D&P issue.  It got too expensive with so many variants of the same medal.

The duck side looks good but not sure about the swan.  It could be because of a poor pic.  Just have to wait and see.

Archived