• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed Pre-order next 2 weeks only - New China Tri-metalic dragon and phoenix series medals

THIS IS A PRE-ORDER FOR DELIVERY IN LATE APRIL/EARLY MAY

As many of you will know I have been taking more of an interest in Chinese medals recently and I have reached an agreement with the distributors to offer certain medals that I think have a particular interest here in the UK and Europe to those who are interested. I have been picking the medals I think will be successful so there is a little bit of value added there.

You may have seen the Phoenix and Dragon series recently. I bought 2 for my collection, one of the regular Trimetalic and one "antiqued". I know others here on the forum have some of these already and the feedback has been very positive.

imageproxy.jpg

This was the original Dragon and Phoenix and it had a Silver centre, brass obverse and Copper Reverse.

There are two more in the series that have been produced by Nanjing Mint and these are very low mintage and are so some extent prototypes for difficult production processes.

Here is the technical wizardry:

1. A breakthrough advance technology of Nanjing Mints to cast and strike three different metals brass, copper and silver together tightly as showed in video instead of using industry glue which is common in practise.

2. Generally the traditional mirror sandblasting process for 45 mm diameter high relief medal is around height of 0.5mm. However, Nanjing mint has made another high relief technology breakthrough of 3mm.  Generally, the mirror sandblasting process must strike once rather than repeated numerous times.

To make this happen for the Dragon and Phoenix Tri-metallic medal using the latest technology of three times casting and striking to merge the three metals by numerous dies’ This is different technology with the classical garden since it is tri-metallic instead of one metal only.

3. This is the first China tri-metallic medal not using industry glue and striking the silver which is soft element with the hard element of brass and copper with massive surface of silver. The first version of tri-metallic Dragon and phoenix medal which with Mintage of 299 is easier than this version even it is a technology breakthrough in the world.

So what we have in summary is two new medals and I have managed to secure 6 of each to offer to forum members at a pretty great price for PRE-ORDER. The total mintage for BOTH these two medals combined will be 199 only. It is likely that the number made of medal 1 will be slightly less due to the greater manufacturing difficulty.

MEDAL 1 - Tri-metallic Dragon and Phoenix - Silver and Copper Obverse with Brass Koi Reverse

Photo Apr 04, 1 39 42 PM.jpg

Obverse Silver 30g with copper centre

Photo Apr 04, 1 39 46 PM.jpg

Reverse Brass

MEDAL 2 - Tri-metallic Dragon and Phoenix - Brass with Copper Centre and Silver Reverse

Photo Apr 04, 1 39 49 PM.jpg

Obverse - Brass and Copper

Photo Apr 04, 1 39 53 PM.jpg

Reverse - Silver

Medals are Proof, with Box and COA and are official mint medals and can be submitted to NGC etc for grading.

I think these will prove very popular. If you would like to order one here are the details:

Medal 1 £94 delivered to UK or Europe

Medal 2 £92 delivered to UK or Europe

Pair of Medals £185 delivered to UK or Europe

Payment by bank transfer UK banks or by Paypal Gift to secure pre-order.

Pre-order expires 17th April or when my allocation runs our which ever is sooner.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

1 hour ago, daz said:

couple of questions:

is this just a series of these three variants or will it be a ongoing series ?

what is the actual diameter of the coin ?

can you still purchase the original release anywhere ?

cheers

Hi daz the first tri-metallic was a mintage of 299. The medals are 45mm in diameter which means they fit within a standard width NGC and PCGS holder.

I am not aware if there will be other variants in future but these new variants are interesting to me because the silver content is much higher and the mintages are lower. They break new ground technically and if the one i have of the first Tri-metallic is anything to go by - one of the most beauiful Chinese medals in my collection.

Yes the two new ones have much more silver and much greater manufacture difficulty. I think Nanjing mint is the most technically advanced of the four official China mints.

There is a few chinese ebayers that can be trusted

We might can put together a list of trusted ones

There is a link to the medalsite on my homepage

Chinesemedals.com

This pre order is curtesy of Andy Lee of Chinese Medals and my plan was to try to bring a pre order period to the forum and allow members here to get in first on anything good.

Not interested in any of these  @Numistacker but great work getting a good contact in China and will be interested is some in the future if any tickle my fancy.

They are not for everyone )) but they are beautiful and have a good following

sorry @Numistacker , couple more questions is that the price to my door ? am i liable to get stung with import duties? and im presuming its a insured delivery ? 

Medals will be delivered to me in the uk.

It covers postage 1st class signed for in uk and if you want special delivery then that's extra £4 per shipment.

Thanks guys for the first pre orders. Current availability is

Medal 1 silver obverse

4 available

Medal 2 silver reverse

5 available

Archived