• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

24 minutes ago, MarkV said:

Just got off the phone to RM customer services and looks like they won't be able to give me a replacement. Also, the customer services bloke reckoned that QA was done at arm's length with a naked eye which doesn't sound very good to me for such a special coin.

Who on earth would inspect a coin at arm's length???  Surely this guy was spouting absolute nonsense - an unreported symptom of Covid?

32 minutes ago, James32 said:

Una and the lion /The three graces / two part crown  is four coin set under the wyon banner.

Of course. But they have held some coins back from the overall mintage outside of these presentations. Why would that be?

Just now, NewCoins said:

Of course. But they have held some coins back from the overall mintage outside of these presentations. Why would that be?

For example they have 281 2oz silver quartered arms in the ether somewhere. 

But, only 10 threw graces 2oz silver. So perhaps that can happen.

Maybe it's only going to be the gothic crown pair in a set.

Just now, NewCoins said:

Only guessing but could be for esteemed dignitaries?? Returns etc.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

4 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

I think they will be doing a gothic crown set at some point. See my previous post.

I hope not as those that had the opportunity and opted for the continuity set will be left scratching their heads.

Those like me who have to queue again in March ( and if lucky) wont be best pleased either.

Whilst I wouldn't put anything past the mint, I cant see them doing sets myself or they have literally led people up the garden path.

Edited by James32

3 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

I think they will be doing a gothic crown set at some point. See my previous post.

They have also 51 or so 2oz gold quartered arms held back. But only 10 2oz gold three graces. Clearly some for the pyx, but that's a big difference.

That 200k or so worth of coins. 

1 minute ago, James32 said:

I hope not as those that had the opportunity and opted for the continuity set will be left scratching their heads.

Those like me who have to queue again in March ( and if lucky) wont be best pleased either.

Whilst I wouldn't put anything past the mint, I cant see them doing sets myself or they have literally led people up the garden path.

They released a set of the queens beats to the displeasure of many.

If they aren't going to release a set (pair) I would love to know why they have held so many back, only this time (not for previous great engravers)

1 minute ago, NewCoins said:

They released a set of the queens beats to the displeasure of many.

If they aren't going to release a set (pair) I would love to know why they have held so many back, only this time (not for previous great engravers)

You could very well be right 🤷‍♂️ but if so I personally think they will loose a ton off customers for good and increase the flipping side of things out of nervousness. 

2 minutes ago, James32 said:

You could very well be right 🤷‍♂️ but if so I personally think they will loose a ton off customers for good and increase the flipping side of things out of nervousness. 

And I may very well be wrong!

Perhaps they are taking the piedfort suggestion 😀 

4 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

@NewCoins- The rumour is they intend releasing a 3-coin set next year with the 2021 Quartered Arms, 2021 Portrait, and the original 1847 Gothic Crown.

Good luck to anyone who can afford that beast!

I’ll take 2! 

7 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

@NewCoins- The rumour is they intend releasing a 3-coin set next year with the 2021 Quartered Arms, 2021 Portrait, and the original 1847 Gothic Crown.

If that turns out to be the case it could ruin the prices on current coins, unless they price the sets so extortionate that today's prices seem cheap.

Wonder will that be the end of it, or will they release a further set that includes a lock of William wyons hair😁

1 minute ago, James32 said:

If that turns out to be the case it could ruin the prices on current coins, unless they price the sets so extortionate that today's prices seem cheap.

Wonder will that be the end of it, or will they release a further set that includes a lock of William wyons hair😁

Why do you think it would ruin the prices of current coins?

All they will do is put the two 2021 Gothic Crown coins together in a wooden box with the 1847 Gothic Crown. There will be nothing else special about the 2021 coins.

The RM is great at repackaging coins as you may know.

See this latest set as an example: https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/historic-coins/historic-sets/The-Five-Sovereign-Piece-Longest-Reigning-Monarchs-Two-Coin-Set/

17 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Ah. That makes sense. I am out £££