• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Avoid These Ebay Sellers/Scammers

Had a reply from Scottsdale and part of it said;

"Our company takes on these criminals very harshly ....

All the popular brands of silver and gold are being knocked off so we always do our best to remind customers to buy direct from us, or a trusted source.

Anything you buy directly from us, either here on eBay or from our website is guaranteed 100%".

Haha ... don't trust eBay at all as they allow counterfeit to be listed.

I used to report many items PER DAY to eBay and once called them up but as I seemed to be wasting my time with eBay reports I gave up and don't bother reporting bogus items any more.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do use E-bay now and then, i check the feedback they must have 100% or near on. i read the feedback of others, when i get it i do my tests, as long as you are sensible E-bay is OK, but must have your eyes open and read it all very carefully.

I think we must support E-bay as one day we will more than likely be selling our metal on it.

Supporting new members to the pitfalls of fakes on E-bay must be high on our agenda with out putting them off completely, as i have had some bargains from there in the past.

All eBay issues I have had as a buyer have been successfully resolved and refunded. Many issues I kind of knew in my heart that there might be an issue and still went ahead.

As a seller I have always tried to give service above and beyond and as a consequence I have a 100% feedback record since 2001 and perhaps that is why eBay ALWAYS takes my side in a dispute.

I recognize that there is a stress and risk to a buyer as a seller and I over communicate. I can't fault eBay apart from its massive charges and Pitney Bowes global program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Numistacker I couldn't agree more.

Do your homework when buying and treat people how you

want to be treated when selling and ebay is a wondrous thing.

Most of my purchases are now from ebay and the vast majority

are trustworthy hard working people like ourselves,its like anything else,

you learn the game as you go

All eBay issues I have had as a buyer have been successfully resolved and refunded. Many issues I kind of knew in my heart that there might be an issue and still went ahead.

As a seller I have always tried to give service above and beyond and as a consequence I have a 100% feedback record since 2001 and perhaps that is why eBay ALWAYS takes my side in a dispute.

I recognize that there is a stress and risk to a buyer as a seller and I over communicate. I can't fault eBay apart from its massive charges and Pitney Bowes global program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd agree with that , ebays buyer protection helped me out, the charges are another issue, and the global program is a money generator. Ebay could also enforce its own rules, ie. no plate in the bullion section, but I bet as quick as you took one listing down two would spring up.That said, overall my experience of using ebay as a buyer and seller has been positive.

Not "fake", replica. There is no intention to pass this off as genuine. The obverse is qute good but the goat looks rubbish, not sure what the original looks like though. Is this how the gold lunar goats look? totally different from the silver reverse.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

• 2 weeks later...
  • Founder & Administrator

I am going to move this thread to the 'General Precious metals' section. As it can be used to link to gold on eBay as well as silver.

If someone wants to be a topic editor for a consolidated list of potential eBay sellers to avoid. Please PM me and we can start a consolidated list. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Also the down side of buying/selling on Ebay is thier listing price. It is 10 %. Plus whatever PayPal charges. Either the seller cuts his profit or more likely, it is already included in the price. This is no a problem for cheaper items, but when you calculate 10 % of one ounce gold, it is quite significant.

I am going to move this thread to the 'General Precious metals' section. As it can be used to link to gold on eBay as well as silver.

If someone wants to be a topic editor for a consolidated list of potential eBay sellers to avoid. Please PM me and we can start a consolidated list. 

Maybe an easier task would be to start a list of tried and trusted ebay bullion sellers? Especially useful for first time buyers.

• 2 weeks later...

HMMM, It's a good idea but I think it may work against us.

Personally  I would rather know who NOT to trust,we all know of

many dealers that we buy from and trust,there must be hundreds of them and if

we put them all on here we will be swamped with good dealers.

The "Naughty List" is and always will be a lot smaller than the "Good"and will no doubt

always make easier reading than loads of good sellers.

Would it not be easier to leave it as it is and just ask:

" Anyone know a good dealer for.........coin?"

Just a thought :)

• 2 years later...

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Archived