• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Avoid These Ebay Sellers/Scammers

I am not sure if there is a thread about this if there is, close this one down, and add this seller to the avoid/ban list.  EBAY SELLER 6614michaelo http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/6614michaelo/m.html

I recently  sold some silver JM bars to a client, and he is getting serious about stacking so he invested in a testing kit, and turns  out the bar was fake, it was a Northwest territorial bar 1 oz silver. He has them still on sale on ebay, and many more silver. He bought the bar in February. Dont get confused my bars were legit, its just that he had a feeling that the bar he got from ebay was a fake. 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pity this pinned thread is almost a duplication of a similar thread I started some while back with a list of sellers selling fakes on eBay

• Founder & Administrator

CurryMucher69 did you pin this thread yourself?

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

CurryMucher69 did you pin this thread yourself?

It was me, was going to edit and bring the two together and then realised I can't edit posts.

Forgot to unpin and tell somebody though!!!

Stacker since 2013

It was me, was going to edit and bring the two together and then realised I can't edit posts.

Forgot to unpin and tell somebody though!!!

I think the topics can be merged, needs to be done via a computer though.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers

50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

• 2 weeks later...

Check item # 390853136009 closed early following my direct query to the seller.

THIS IS ESSENTIAL READING FOR ALL AND A WARNING !!

Here we have a seller named "andrews-coins" advertising a 1 oz silver Kangaroo.

Risk free with a name like that and over 4,000 trades right !?

It is a plated copper fake and the seller states -

" Hi

I have looked closely and I can see copper under the blue ink and there is flaking near there too also exposing a copper interior! The weight however is perfect but there is very light orange peeling in parts. I have ended the item and will live and learn especially not to buy these without close inspection. Thank you for pointing it out - much appreciated.

Andrew

- andrews-coins "

Check item # 390853136009 closed early following my direct query to the seller.

THIS IS ESSENTIAL READING FOR ALL AND A WARNING !!

Here we have a seller named "andrews-coins" advertising a 1 oz silver Kangaroo.

Risk free with a name like that and over 4,000 trades right !?

It is a plated copper fake and the seller states -

" Hi

I have looked closely and I can see copper under the blue ink and there is flaking near there too also exposing a copper interior! The weight however is perfect but there is very light orange peeling in parts. I have ended the item and will live and learn especially not to buy these without close inspection. Thank you for pointing it out - much appreciated.

Andrew

- andrews-coins "

Probably just a genuine mistake, as a coin dealer though it's a bit of an embarrassing mistake to make.

I wonder how many coins he bought and sold without realising though. So it's a good thing to point out. Just because your buying from a professional, doesn't guarantee that they have done their homework correctly. Always best to be careful when buying.

Discounts / Offers

May be controversial but the London coin company on eBay. Lot of coins sold full of milk spots (almost like it's snowing) shipping very expensive cost me over £30 for one special delivery package. Very aggressive and rude when questioning policies. Quick search on www.toolhaus.org shows over 50 neutral and negative feedback removed by eBay.

Just had a look at the feedback you are talking about. I'm surprised Ebay has been removing these feedbacks,

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=thelondoncoincompany&Dirn=Received+by&ref=home

Many years ago in 2001/2002, I used to sell autographs and trading cards on Ebay. I had over 700 feedbacks and not one negative feedback. I would be embarassed if I'd racked up the complaints he has had

I don't know, you have to be careful with ebay buyers these days. They are just as bad as some of the sellers if not worse.

Once I was selling some items on eBay whilst I was in Asia, with the country the stock was in clearly labelled correctly and also in the description as well as clearly stating that "the item will be dispatched within 3 working days of payment" a buyer left negative feedback the day after buying the item stating "I haven't received it yet" which was ridiculous because it hadn't even been dispatched. And was well within the dispatch time. I had to refund that customer just to get him to remove the feedback and send him the item for free.

There are too many cheeky buyers on eBay now, and as a small or medium size seller it's very hard to compete with the big eBay players. Too many dishonest people out there who just want something for free.

Discounts / Offers

• 2 weeks later...

As I said on another thread that I had hoped would have been incorporated in this one as reference -

If you photocopy a £20 note and put a photo on eBay and say it is a copy, I am sure you would be arrested.

This is illegal.

How therefore do sellers stating a coin is plated get away with it when the coin is depicting legal tender value and fine silver etc. ?

Anyone receiving such a coin might eventually pass it on as the genuine item - same with a good copy note on appropriate paper.

As I said on another thread that I had hoped would have been incorporated in this one as reference -

If you photocopy a £20 note and put a photo on eBay and say it is a copy, I am sure you would be arrested.

This is illegal.

How therefore do sellers stating a coin is plated get away with it when the coin is depicting legal tender value and fine silver etc. ?

Anyone receiving such a coin might eventually pass it on as the genuine item - same with a good copy note on appropriate paper.

Give me the link to your thread pete and if possible I will merge that into here

Discounts / Offers

Give me the link to your thread pete and if possible I will merge that into here

eBayers selling fake silver coins

Started by Pete, Apr 11 2014 08:49 PM

SELLERS BEWARE

I just had this guy try to rip me off on ebay for a kilo silver bar  ( crawfandre ) thankfully seller protection saved me

What did he do, try to claim it wasn't delivered?

Discounts / Offers

Not entirely sure but looks like he tried to claim it was an unauthorized transaction

i just got an email saying

(

You have received a payment that we believe may not have been authorised by
the PayPal account holder. Here are the details of the transaction we are
investigating:

I rang up paypal they checked the tracking info and saw the signature and released my money

Thing is i emailed him a few times, the last one 2 hours ago asking for feedback on the sale then i got this email lol

Also it was sitting at the post office waiting to be picked up since Saturday so he had to have shown id to collect it

• 2 months later...

I haven't seen these before. I won't be buying any little sealed bars second hand.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/REPLICA-NEW-SEALED-PAMP-SUISSE-2-5-GRAM-FORTUNA-GOLD-BAR-INGOT-FREE-P-P-/321491914547?pt=UK_Coins_Bullion_Bars_SM&hash=item4ada694f33

The seller has the cheek to write this in his description:

*PLEASE BE AWARE OF UNSCRUPULOUS SELLERS IMITATING MY LISTING*

I've bought a half sov from a user on ebay uk and he doesn't fill the shippment costs so I cannot make the payment!!!

And he insists that I have to pay but than I ask for the total amount and he says that I have to pay, that I have to call him to the UK.

Very surrealistic! 4 days like this! I don't know what will happen...honestly...but this is not normal!!

Did it say "ask seller for postage cost" or did it say free shipping?

Stacker since 2013

Archived