• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

ChrisSIlver

Today I bought.....

14 minutes ago, CadmiumGreen said:

Excellent closeout for your type set! The $3 Indian Princess is in superb condition!

Thanks @CadmiumGreen!  Yes I was very pleased with the $3.  My LCS was holding it for me for quite a while while he tried to find a Type II that I liked.   I have been waiting months to find  a Type II $1 that I liked.  Chose the AU one pictured as they start getting silly expensive once you hit AU.  To go up to an AU 58 would have increased the price 50%.  I love this set and the holder I put them in makes a nice presentation.

Edited by mr1030

2 minutes ago, mr1030 said:

Thanks @CadmiumGreen!  Yes I was very pleased with the $3.  I have been waiting months to find  a Type II $1 that I liked.  Chose the AU one pictured as they start getting silly expensive once you hit AU.  To go up to an AU 58 would have increased the price 50%.  I love this set and the holder I put them in makes a nice presentation.

Truly a remarkable type set you have lovingly and patiently collected in a wonderful displayed presentation! You did very well with each selection! Yes, the $1 Type IIs can get pricey above AU...and I sometimes have similar troubles justifying a high price for some of these pieces in a perceivably similar quality. 

Visited my LCS today and picked up two sets of U.S. Modern Commemoratives.  A 1983 P, D, S  BU Olympic dollar set.  And a 1983-S and 1984-S Proof Olympic dollar set.

20191109_141141-ccfopt.jpg

20191109_141206-ccfopt.jpg

20191109_141251-ccfopt.jpg

20191109_141327-ccfopt.jpg

And a 2016 Laos 2 oz silver with jade ring Lunar Year of the Monkey Proof.  This one was outside of my knowledge base, but I really liked it.  I think I got it for a good price considering the low mintage.  

20191109_141501-ccfopt.jpg

20191109_141525-ccfopt.jpg

20191109_141554-ccfopt.jpg

Edited by mr1030

On 03/11/2019 at 18:59, platinreloaded said:

I bought the 10 oz silver  pig in Color Version. So the Lunar II Stack could be soon complete in 1/2, 1, 2, 5, 10 oz silver. Let`s have a closer look - I am still waiting for the pig ;)

The lunar II pig has arrived end of the week ...

I think that the perth mint has done a great job with the lunar II coloured versions. There are now 1/2 oz, 1 oz, 2 oz, 5 oz, 10 oz and 1 kg Silvercoins collectable. That is not the case at lunar I and will not be the case at lunar III series because the Perth stopped producing the 10 oz size Silbercoins!  

5 hours ago, AUstacker said:

mr1030,  that gold type set is off the charts! It looks so classy in that Capital holder!

Thanks @AUstacker.  I remember buying those Capital holders for single coins 40 years ago when I was a teenager.  I had no idea they were still around.  My friend at the LCS has quite a selection of Capital products and recommended it to me when he saw that I had a weakness for pre 33 gold.

The only bad thing about it is that it is so cool looking, you want to have it out on display,  but you don't dare for fear of a burglar making off with it.