• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

38 minutes ago, JohnAnsink said:

Oh..I didn't know it was only 8 in that series. I thought there would be a lot more and that made it undesirable for me. Thanks

Each shield features a unique landmark from the eight states it passes through. A good size series.

4 minutes ago, MickB said:

Each shield features a unique landmark from the eight states it passes through. A good size series.

Yeah...8 is good. I was thinking a lot more and that would be too much.

The first coin of the Gold Greek Gods series from (guess...) Greece!

It is in the fifth year now and I will probably go for all of them. I really hope they will make it to the whole twelve.

Mintage 1,000 (for the first two - increase to 1,200 from 2016)
Gold 999; 3,88g; 17,5mm

greece-100-euro-gold-dias-zeus-2014.jpg

greece-100-euro-gold-zeus-dias-2014.jpg

Just to clarify that it is Zeus (or Dias) for the few of you that can't read the Greek letters!  ?

Edited by Gildeon

Instagram: gildeon_67

A 0.5g gold note. I think it's from Shanghai Mint and year of the rooster but Google isn't coming up with much.

Not usually the sort of thing i purchase but saw it over the weekend at a good price and thought it wouldn't hurt!

Anyone have any info on it?06414e6ba87b6107565f0f343d765dd0.jpg

I was so jealous of @BackyardBullion ...he has one.

Plus I have the MS 65 Dimes from 1940-45 so I might collect this run in halfs also. Not graded though because they are very expensive, just in reasonable shape.

I might have overpaid. But the melt value is about $6 alone. I hope it's in condition as shown.

90% silver

Untitled.jpg

43 minutes ago, AllThingsShiny said:

Picked these up from a little flea market in my area. 

Paid £20 for the commemoration of the queens silver jubilee 1977 proof

The 1934 5 cent buffalo were 50pence each. 

20180610_121004.jpg

20180610_121059.jpg

If you are looking for 5c let me know

I think I have some, also some 2c and 3c

On 09/06/2018 at 14:26, silversurf said:

My first panda and my first graded coin. I think I like graded coins...

20180609_191034.jpg

20180609_185936.jpg

If you like these graded coins you should check out Bullion Exchanges, they have a huge collection of graded coins! I've been buying from them for months now!

https://bullionexchanges.com/buy-silver/coins/chinese-silver-coins/certified-silver-pandas

I also want to buy my first real gold in the near future (besides the 2 grams of maplegrams I have). What were your considerations in choosing the panda compared to for example a sovereign? Just the cheapest/lowest premium?

12 minutes ago, engire said:

I also want to buy my first real gold in the near future (besides the 2 grams of maplegrams I have). What were your considerations in choosing the panda compared to for example a sovereign? Just the cheapest/lowest premium?

I absolutely love this years panda design, so that was the main reason. The premiums were kind of high, but I think that's normal for pandas. I paid 306 euro each for these two, but I think it's worth it :)

My next gold purchase will most likely be a 2 or 3 Sovereigns. :D

Edited by Amazing

25 minutes ago, Amazing said:

I absolutely love this years panda design, so that was the main reason. The premiums were kind of high, but I think that's normal for pandas. I paid 306 euro each for these two, but I think it's worth it :)

My next gold purchase will most likely be a 2 or 3 Sovereigns. :D

Likely you know there is a thread dedicated to what i bought today.

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

3 minutes ago, Amazing said:

Didn't know about that thread.

'What i bought today' and 'What i received today' are probably the two most popular threads on the forum. Lots of interesting coins members are buying. Some good ideas on what you might get next.

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.