• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

Bought these lost as scrap pre47 coins on eBay literally a few mins ago. (roughly 0.17 per gram). However I am not sure that the seller realised that the Wilhelmina coin is 72% silver (its badly damaged, but still scrap value is £7) and that the Crown is actually an Australian crown which makes it 925, melt value £10, but still saleable for more than that despite its condition. Also spotted a couple of other pre20 coins - which makes at least some of these coins worth more. So in general, even if I scrapped the whole lot I am probably going to make £10 profit...   

image.thumb.png.dda446f742f4134e7fb59db1dd54cec2.png

image.png

Edited by ilovesilverireallydo

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

On 15/05/2018 at 04:59, KevinG said:

I went and bought three Belgian gold coins.
I got the complete package Leopold I Leopold II and Albert I

May I ask what you paid for the Leopold coins? I really like these but the ones i’ve seen have pretty big premiums. 

Edit, just noticed you are in Belgium. 

Edited by RichmondStacker

Today I bought a 2018 Perth BU swan plus a 1/4 gold Britannia from Sharps Pixley. As I proceeded through the payment, Sharps have a timer. I had to speed read the terms and conditions and accept before the timer ran out. Had to make sure I wasn't going to wait a while for my coin whilst they sourced it but all was fine in the small print:D

Edited by MickB
Spelling mistake

9 hours ago, RichmondStacker said:

May I ask what you paid for the Leopold coins? I really like these but the ones i’ve seen have pretty big premiums. 

Edit, just noticed you are in Belgium. 

All of them have a premium but you should be able to get the Leopolds for a premium of 2,5 %  They are just bullion and should be priced as such.
Except the Albert which is a 1 year type with a mintage of 250.000

32 minutes ago, KevinG said:

Except the Albert which is a 1 year type with a mintage of 250.000

Do you know if the mintage is evenly split over the Flams and Vallon inscription? And what are these variants about position A and B?

Edited by augur

2  half sovereigns from Ebay this morning only for the seller to refund the monies this evening , his pathetic excuse was he didn't want Paypal holding his funds until June ;) but he is ok with Paypal holding onto my money for 7 working days . Would you give him negative feedback ?

Edited by Silvergun

14 hours ago, Silvergun said:

2  half sovereigns from Ebay this morning only for the seller to refund the monies this evening , his pathetic excuse was he didn't want Paypal holding his funds until June ;) but he is ok with Paypal holding onto my money for 7 working days . Would you give him negative feedback ?

Personally I thought that once the buyer has purchased and received the item there is nothing the seller can do.  It's a contract.  You could always sell them back to the seller (+ 5%) ?

I have not been buying much bullion

But...

I have pre-ordered these

IMG_2867_polarr.jpg
IMG_2868_polarr.jpg

I don’t know why just something about them seems good...

55 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

I have not been buying much bullion

But...

I have pre-ordered these

IMG_2867_polarr.jpg
IMG_2868_polarr.jpg

I don’t know why just something about them seems good...

I'm with you on these numi I think i will be adding some as well

1 hour ago, MickB said:

Just ordered a Route 66 silver shield, the first in a series of eight. Should be a nice series to collect.

Oh..I didn't know it was only 8 in that series. I thought there would be a lot more and that made it undesirable for me. Thanks