• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

Just now, Bullionbilly said:

Id say so... whos the seller ? If i may ask ?

On a Facebook group. Can PM details if u wish but rather not put on here without his say so.  He is not in this group although i have encouraged him lol. Bought many items from him. He had 2 for sale. Should have taken them both.

44 minutes ago, Bluenitsuj said:

On a Facebook group. Can PM details if u wish but rather not put on here without his say so.  He is not in this group although i have encouraged him lol. Bought many items from him. He had 2 for sale. Should have taken them both.

I have no friends... im not on facetube 🤣

Today i bought a 2018 1/4  gold proof Britannia coin. I dont know if it that wise to buy a coin which has a premium of more than double what its worth in gold. However, i wanted it since long time and finally decided to buy it. I persuaded myself by looking at other things i buy and never think about their investment value. For example electronics, clothes, and other stuff we buy to use and enjoy. I am a designer and i do appreciate good looking things, so why not enjoy the coin for its design and also the precious metal it sits on!  I tried to find it somewhere cheaper than the royal mint but couldn't find. I do also like to buy directly from the mint even if i can safe £20 or so just because i know for sure that no one touched or opened it before selling. I thought id share my thoughts in here because I need some reassurance that i am not that crazy for buying something like that or maybe i am? 😅 

27 minutes ago, Fathallazf said:

Today i bought a 2018 1/4  gold proof Britannia coin. I dont know if it that wise to buy a coin which has a premium of more than double what its worth in gold. However, i wanted it since long time and finally decided to buy it. I persuaded myself by looking at other things i buy and never think about their investment value. For example electronics, clothes, and other stuff we buy to use and enjoy. I am a designer and i do appreciate good looking things, so why not enjoy the coin for its design and also the precious metal it sits on!  I tried to find it somewhere cheaper than the royal mint but couldn't find. I do also like to buy directly from the mint even if i can safe £20 or so just because i know for sure that no one touched or opened it before selling. I thought id share my thoughts in here because I need some reassurance that i am not that crazy for buying something like that or maybe i am? 😅 

Buy what you like is a great start.     Buying from the mint doesn’t guarantee a perfect coin, rheir quality control is shocking.      Did you remember TopCashback? Also @TheCoinConnection Normally Sells for a little less than the mint and up to now I’ve never heard of anyone getting a non perfect coin

Well, I dont know much about the market for Britania coins, so its hard for me to deside how good an investment it is. I collect Libertad, and here you can find high premiums aswell. If think one have to deside if a purcase is for investment or collecting. If you go for investment then strait bullion should be preferd. Premium on 100% should be with an collection prespective, it could turn out to be a god investment down the line, but that is often a hard call...

7 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

Normally Sells for a little less than the mint and up to now I’ve never heard of anyone getting a non perfect coin

Yes i checked the coin connection but it is excactly the same price, but true i also heard on here and from @Numistacker youtube videos that their coins are perfect. But totally forgot about this fact to be honest. But yea leason learned 😊

Just now, Fathallazf said:

Yes i checked the coin connection but it is excactly the same price, but true i also heard on here and from @Numistacker youtube videos that their coins are perfect. But totally forgot about this fact to be honest. But yea leason learned 😊

One good thing about buying from royal mint is that you can return for exchange or refund with ease. 

8 hours ago, Fathallazf said:

Given the choice of Royal Mint or Coin Connection, I'd go with The Coin Connection. I have always found their service superb.

I say this as a customer with no other interest. 

On 31/12/2018 at 20:38, Bluenitsuj said:

@Bluenitsuj sorry, do u mind pm me the facebook details. I have my eyes on this bar for a while, but the vat is just keeping putting me off. Thank you.