• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

ChrisSIlver

Today I bought.....

43 minutes ago, AllThingsShiny said:

Picked these up from a little flea market in my area. 

Paid £20 for the commemoration of the queens silver jubilee 1977 proof

The 1934 5 cent buffalo were 50pence each. 

20180610_121004.jpg

20180610_121059.jpg

If you are looking for 5c let me know

I think I have some, also some 2c and 3c

On 09/06/2018 at 14:26, silversurf said:

My first panda and my first graded coin. I think I like graded coins...

20180609_191034.jpg

20180609_185936.jpg

If you like these graded coins you should check out Bullion Exchanges, they have a huge collection of graded coins! I've been buying from them for months now!

https://bullionexchanges.com/buy-silver/coins/chinese-silver-coins/certified-silver-pandas

I also want to buy my first real gold in the near future (besides the 2 grams of maplegrams I have). What were your considerations in choosing the panda compared to for example a sovereign? Just the cheapest/lowest premium?

12 minutes ago, engire said:

I also want to buy my first real gold in the near future (besides the 2 grams of maplegrams I have). What were your considerations in choosing the panda compared to for example a sovereign? Just the cheapest/lowest premium?

I absolutely love this years panda design, so that was the main reason. The premiums were kind of high, but I think that's normal for pandas. I paid 306 euro each for these two, but I think it's worth it :)

My next gold purchase will most likely be a 2 or 3 Sovereigns. :D

Edited by Amazing

25 minutes ago, Amazing said:

I absolutely love this years panda design, so that was the main reason. The premiums were kind of high, but I think that's normal for pandas. I paid 306 euro each for these two, but I think it's worth it :)

My next gold purchase will most likely be a 2 or 3 Sovereigns. :D

Likely you know there is a thread dedicated to what i bought today.

Edited by sixgun

3 minutes ago, Amazing said:

Didn't know about that thread.

'What i bought today' and 'What i received today' are probably the two most popular threads on the forum. Lots of interesting coins members are buying. Some good ideas on what you might get next.

Edited by sixgun

2 minutes ago, sixgun said:

'What i bought today' and 'What i received today' are probably the two most popular threads on the forum. Lots of interesting coins members are buying. Some good ideas on what you might get next.

I don't think I've ever clicked on that "General Precious Metals" tab, only Silver and Gold :o

Edited by Amazing

I just picked up a $5 Indian Head half Eagle XF that was on sale on Apmex eBay for $388 and an 8 gram gold Panda (not sealed) random year (2016-2018) from Apmex on ebay that wasn't on sale for $373. Both were eligible for the 10% eBay bucks. This is my first Indian half eagle and first panda. I always wanted the Indian half but prices were always over $400, even for a "cleaned" example. So to be able to get one for about $350 for an XF example, I just couldn't pass it up. As for the Panda, I know everyone says to buy them in the mint seal, but with the eBay bucks I got this one for spot price. 

5 hours ago, JunkBond said:

Just ordered a 20 Pesos from Baird Mint, looking foreward to some Mexican Gold.

Looking forward to seeing this. I have been umming and erring for a while on exactly this. It is an absolute stunner. 

16 minutes ago, Ansel said:

Looking forward to seeing this. I have been umming and erring for a while on exactly this. It is an absolute stunner. 

I have had an email confirming dispatch so should be here tomorrow, posting pics obviously goes without saying. :-)

I am putting together a small collection of gold coins of round about 1/2 oz.

Krug/Double Sov/20 Pesos.

Probably will get half Gold Eagle next.

Half oz, the oft overlooked fractional!

Edited by JunkBond