• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

9 minutes ago, JunkBond said:

Don't start collecting these in ef... :o

http://www.amrcoins.com/coins-for-sale/G-0375-MG01/

I would rather cut my arm off than pay that much :P 

I thought what I paid was reasonable - considering they fetch £200 plus on eBay and I have never seen one listed below £180. I think its good to own at least one though. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

On 4/21/2018 at 14:27, Frenchie said:

In another register ... at a "slightly" higher price per ounce

Mint of Poland Gods serie (first was Ares) 2oz Antique high relief. Mintage 500 ex

[snip]

Now I have to buy some Britannias in order to lower my average stack price/oz :D

[snip]

I've said numerous times here, I'm a stacker with ZERO interest in coin collection, I mean like Z-E-R-O.

.. and even I went to see how much these things cost ... wow ... super pretty.

Respect.

Edit, what do you even call that, a round, a medallion ?

2017-MP-Gods-01-Ares-WMF03.jpg&sp=7a2963

Edited by Lowlow

1 minute ago, Lowlow said:

I've said numerous times here, I'm a stacker with ZERO interest in coin collection, I mean like Z-E-R-O.

Respect.

This coin was awesome on many levels. Not to mention that I managed to sell it for £550 after spending g £175 on it. Been my best money making flipper to date.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

33 minutes ago, Lowlow said:

Respect.

Yes, this is a beautiful serie but I don't keep all these coins forever with some exceptions I consider as Art , symbolic or historicaly interesting. I still consider myself as an investor and "work" my stack in order to lower my average price/oz. From my experience, as far as I buy at the right price, I can make money on my collector coins by flipping them and win "free" weight. During these last years, all my profits were made with these collector coins. And If I had to sell my ASE, britannia or some junk silver bought since the last 2 years (and I imagine for those who bought silver in 2011)....it would be at a loss. When PM are heading lower, it is better to buy some high premium collector coins, as far as you make good and wise choices of course. This is a bet, and we have to be really careful, but with a study, knowledge and experience I think that it can be profitable, and more interesting than just stacking for stacking.

Now, times could change and in the verge of a breakout on the upside for PMs (according to me), It will then be better to choose wisely, the closest to spot   

Edited by Frenchie

18 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

Yes, this is a beautiful serie but I don't keep all these coins forever with some exceptions I consider as Art , symbolic or historicaly interesting. I still consider myself as an investor and "work" my stack in order to lower my average price/oz. From my experience, as far as I buy at the right price, I can make money on my collector coins by flipping them and win "free" weight. During these last years, all my profits were made with these collector coins. And If I had to sell my ASE, britannia or some junk silver bought since the last 2 years (and I imagine for those who bought silver in 2011)....it would be at a loss. When PM are heading lower, it is better to buy some high premium collector coins, as far as you make good and wise choices of course. This is a bet of course, and we have to be really careful, but with a study, knowledge and experience I think that it can be profitable, and more interesting that just stacking for stacking.

Now, times could change and in the verge of a breakout on the upside for PMs (according to me), It will then be better to choose wisely, the closest to spot   

I don't actively trade PM, I'm more for options, but I can see the appeal.  What is wholesale on something like that ?  The only prices on the Internet are via coin shops and there's probably a markup even over catalog retail, I'm wondering what the mint charges for them.

Edit, I removed part of the question because it was a bit personal about sources for these things, not really a good forum type question to ask.

Edited by Lowlow

34 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

Bought the 2006 4 Coin Proof Set for breaking up and grading.

82DAF613-5EEC-4116-A4C2-CB8E0C5ADC39-5261-0000031A2521D65E.jpeg

No special design, which size will you keep? 

Edited by augur

38 minutes ago, Lowlow said:

I don't actively trade PM, I'm more for options, but I can see the appeal.  What is wholesale on something like that ?  The only prices on the Internet are via coin shops and there's probably a markup even over catalog retail, I'm wondering what the mint charges for them.

Edit, I removed part of the question because it was a bit personal about sources for these things, not really a good forum type question to ask.

I also trade stocks and Forex, but this not the same thing here. It is always satisfying, and rewarding  to make a good trade, but trades are just numbers (positive if possible :)  sometimes exciting, sometime frustrating.  Collecting and stacking coins, though being an investment,  is different as I can feel and touch :)  

23/5000

No special design, which size will you keep? 

I like the regular ones too I think I will keep the 5 if it gets 70 or 69 and sell the rest. The 1989 Set at the same auction today went for 3,700 plus 23% bp

Very happy with my latest

IMG_2196.JPG

Thanks to my friend in Tokyo for bidding for this one at Spink Japan auction. Should have it in about a week or 10 days.

Excellent photos KevinJam.  I found it difficult taking photos of silver due to the glare. Did you take them yourself?  If so, what camera / lens did you use.

apologies if off topic.

24 minutes ago, RoughDog said:

Excellent photos KevinJam.  I found it difficult taking photos of silver due to the glare. Did you take them yourself?  If so, what camera / lens did you use.

apologies if off topic.

Hello RoughDog, my wife took the photos using the camera on her Samsung Galaxy S8 mobile. She says to thank you for the compliment. Kevin 

See the link below to my coin dedicated YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC32DEmDzkaZCBTBVTDiYr0A

On 25/04/2018 at 20:45, Numistacker said:

Bought the 2006 4 Coin Proof Set for breaking up and grading.

82DAF613-5EEC-4116-A4C2-CB8E0C5ADC39-5261-0000031A2521D65E.jpeg

Nice set, over the years I have had the fortune to be able to obtain a few of these sets which I am very proud of!! :D. It does disappoint me when I see a set being broken up though I do understand why it is done.