• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

4 hours ago, WealdenWoodsman said:

Quite like the look of the crown. Sadly though the 6 pence will be cupronickel rather than .925 as it is post-47.

Either or, it's going in the Christmas pud lol couldn't find any anywhere so that'll have to do lol, but thanks for the info :)

On 07/12/2017 at 18:18, Jordie said:

Today I bought a 925 armistice crown

Which came with 5 ww1 bronze pennies 

And a little 925 6 pence (just a shame somebody put a hole in it)

20171207_175735-1.jpg

20171207_181054-1-1.jpg

20171207_181013-1.jpg

Queen Elizabeth silver is not silver, it's cupro-nickel 

1 hour ago, Numistacker said:

Some buys that have not yet been delivered

IMG_8694.JPG
IMG_8693.JPG
IMG_8692.JPG
IMG_8691.JPG
IMG_8690.JPG
5 of these from USA with top cashback 5%

So for older rare coins there is a value even with Details. That's good to know.    

And what size Dog is that?

Nice looking medallions.  Didn't bother looking at them myself as I don't have a clue about their value and the estimates can sometimes be over the usual market price quite considerably.  Occasionally they are below but it's more common for them to be just a little on the high side.  Of course people sometimes seem to forget to factor in the overheads or get carried away and items go for stupid prices.

I missed a few by one bid but nothing I really wanted and the others I was interested in went for way too much for my liking.  I think I saw the same coin going for more after a better condition one had struggled and went for less.

I was also surprised the counterstamped 4 and 2 reales went for the prices they did given there was supposedly no fractional counterstamped dollars issued by the mint according to many sources.

So I bought the last remaining 1/10 Britannia off HGM... good price as gold is kind of low right now, will look nice next to my recent purchases of 1/10 Krug and a couple of 2.5G bars.

PROUD to be TRANSRACIAL.

Biology IS bigotry.

Coronavirus is made up and no-one has died from the imaginary virus.

Today I managed to tick two off my Wants List.

1839 Sovereign PCGS AU58 and

1913 Canada Sovereign ICG MS63

Add those to the 1887 Sovereign Proof PCGS PR62UC last week and I'm skint.

I shall tell my good lady that I have bought her an investment for Christmas!

She thinks I have another woman and got me to take a lie detector test. When asked "Do you have any other women in your life?" I failed - I had to admit my passion for Victoria's.....

Well that's blown my budget for the next few months so will, like others, have to make it my last purchase until next year....

17 days and counting!

Please hide my mobile, laptop, smart TV and any other internet enabled device - PLEASE......

I wondered who outbid me on the 1839 it went for much more than estimate. Video on it is due soon....