• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

Finally -- a 2017 1/4 ounce gold Libertad proof. Yes - it's the same design for years in a row. Yes, they are overpriced.
But they are beautiful and I need one...[emoji6]

Finally -- a 2017 1/4 ounce gold Libertad proof. Yes - it's the same design for years in a row. Yes, they are overpriced.
But they are beautiful and I need one...[emoji6]

4 hours ago, sg86 said:

1989 Five Sovereign BU & 1897 Victoria Diamond Jubilee Medal (the 93g version!)

Not my images, i'll take some when they are in hand :)

jqb_0352_2dERwGL.thumb.JPG.6c0614759c33d6d6327622d3f84b92c5.JPG

1476.thumb.jpg.f025053b440c8fcd33cb9b96d4f4b736.jpg

Very nice medal - these are always impressive in real life. You will now need all the different sizes it comes in and the different metals!

4 minutes ago, SilverTanner said:

Very nice medal - these are always impressive in real life. You will now need all the different sizes it comes in and the different metals!

Yes i hope so, not seen one before!

This is the only one i'll get though, it's the large gold version that was presented to royalty and nobility only, mintage around 3k i think. No need to get the others if you already have this one :D 

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com

7 hours ago, shortstack68 said:

The 1989 5 sovereign has some issue with the top layer peeling, did you see this when you bought the coin?

Nope

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

12 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Can you see the tungsten underneath?;)

Sorry joke in bad taste.

Let's just hope both coins are lovely on their arrival :)

The Gold Sovereign

14 hours ago, sg86 said:

1989 Five Sovereign BUjqb_0352_2dERwGL.thumb.JPG.6c0614759c33d6d6327622d3f84b92c5.JPG

42 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

I've seen this before on the same date 1 Sov and passed on it when I seen it, it was in a DNW sale last year.

Not sure how common this is with these but that's the 2nd I've seen now and always check them for this particular problem.

Sorry but I don't see anything peeling. If you mean the dark areas, that's just reflections of the photographic equipment because of the convex design of the rose. The BU is even harder to photograph than the proof. Or am I missing something?

Have a look ? the rose is reflecting the surroundings. I think without a soft box and incident lighting through a semitransparent mirror you can't avoid these dark or bright patches. If the coin was silver, it would be even harder to photograph. 

To be honest @shortstack68 i'm not sure why you are so bothered about this, i'm not and it's my purchase.

There seems to be a running theme with any post i come across of yours, maybe try and post a few positive comments every 1/100?

The Gold Sovereign