• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

1 hour ago, Element47 said:

How much did it cost altogether including postage

£43.50 :)  A very kind chap in the States put in a bulk-order and then split them for those of us in the UK. 

It's the first 'round' (non-monetised coin) that I've bought - the detailing looks fantastic, and the Knights Templar is always going to attract interest, so I think it'll hold its value well.

2 hours ago, Element47 said:

£43.50 for one? Did that include postage? Did you have to pay customs to get it into the uk?

I think Clens has said not once but twice, that the price includes postage.

You'll need to get used to the terminology used by stackers on this forum, when someone says "£43.50 landed". That means the price INCLUDES postage costs. ie landed in the UK from abroad.

However, Clens has not received it yet, hence the comment that it may cost more if customs spot it. If they do, then Royal Mail of whoever, will charge an £8 customs fee charge, and a 20% VAT charge, which Clens will have to pay before it will be delivered, hence his comment that it may become an more expensive coin.

I hope this clears any confusion you may have about the coin. 

1 hour ago, HighlandTiger said:

I think Clens has said not once but twice, that the price includes postage.

You'll need to get used to the terminology used by stackers on this forum, when someone says "£43.50 landed". That means the price INCLUDES postage costs. ie landed in the UK from abroad.

However, Clens has not received it yet, hence the comment that it may cost more if customs spot it. If they do, then Royal Mail of whoever, will charge an £8 customs fee charge, and a 20% VAT charge, which Clens will have to pay before it will be delivered, hence his comment that it may become an more expensive coin.

I hope this clears any confusion you may have about the coin. 

Much obliged, Sir!

15 minutes ago, Silvergun said:

From Atkinsons .   2  x Full sovereigns lucky dip ,  1 x 2012 carded 1/4 sovereign and a 2005  1/2 sovereign.

If it wasn't for your post of the 1/4 sovereign I wouldn't have looked at Atkinsons.  I hadn't noticed that notifications haven't been coming in so just had a quick look and picked up a normal 1/4 sov since I don't already have one.  Bit gutted that I've missed the Indian 1/2 Sov though.

More sterling silver, 6.2 ozt, for £9.01 per ozt. 

Ok, I'll admit, I did use up £37.50 of nectar points, but even without that, it would have been a couple of percent UNDER spot.

And just for the record, (for those who think buying sterling silver under spot on ebay is hard or time consuming), it took me less than 5 minutes to find the item on ebay and then buy it. 

A 1906 Denver $10 gold eagle, Liberty Head, and a little brother $5 gold half eagle 1880 San Francisco. £516 and £258 landed respectively. Not bad compared to spot, and a steal compared to what is needed to get an Indian Head $5 (my favourite half Eagles!)  

The 1906D is quite interesting as the first year that the Denver mint struck Eagles.  Looks a bit too "cleaned" for my liking, but still, a nice coin to look at - 110 years old. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

You could almost close your eyes and imagine it's a proof )) it is hard to adjust to the new pricing of these. Next year after I have closed on my buy to let I hope gold takes a dive and I can start buying $10 eagles again at £380

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stopped myself buying another shield back but did succumb to a 10oz monkey and a couple more 2oz beasts. I think the monkey 10oz is likely to be a good buy. Interesting that the USA eBay price for sales in $ is about $80 more than gold silver.be ... If I was energetic I would buy 10 and sell them on eBay.com in $

I don't know if this was a good buy or not. Time will tell. It didn't have the outer box and there is a possibility to grade it (I have shown restraint with my other proof Sovs) .. The 2015 Proof Sovereign 5th portrait limited edition...

a94f866a81812499c020eedf1b929873.png

1793e65d64a28c529ff9fdcb6ad5d572.png

d3d779874c166fb3ac3ce3f05b4669bc.png

I do really like proofs even with the premium.

Nice find HT you are really adding the weight recently! 

Not really added much to my stack cashwise, I've been using the cash raised from my recent sovereign sales and silver bulion coin sales on here, and my ebay sales of silver proofs and the big profit from the Nordfrim Britannia flipping.

So basically swapping gold and silver coins into under spot sterling silver.

Managed to grab a 2015 panda lunar goat silver proof yesterday. Mintage is 299 and it was the only one I did not have.

7118313b56342211997016faf9f2510f.png

43cdcc21b67f48758de9999555c9b5e5.png

There were 299 of the goat, 99 antique and 499 of the monkey, 99 antique. Rooster will appear in November.