• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

I have started stacking again like a man possessed this month I have bought a 5 gram Gold bar,10x2oz Queens Beasts,8x1oz Britannia's 10x1oz Isle of Man Angels.

I would not have known about the Angels if it was not for this forum,this forum has developed into an excellent resource for the stacker/collector.

Edited by FriedrichVonHayek

2009 1oz Britannia, this cheap date run is starting to cost some serious money now LOL especially the 2015 & 2016 plain fields coins.I'm not a fan of the textured Brits so I'll forget about them.I only need the 2008 now to complete the run.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

A 1910 gold US Indian Head $5 half eagle, looks in good nick (at least in the eBAY sellers pics). Slowly trying to pick off all the available years in that series (still 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916 and 1929 to get). Got 1908 - 1912, now the harder / rarer ones left (and more expensive of course).  Pretty much can forget the 1929 piece - as they go for about $20,000 ! With spot up and only 0.24 Troy gold each it's difficult to find any of these 1908-1916 $5 half Eagles under £300 now for decent  unslabbed examples. Makes buying shield sovereigns seem like bargains! 

I do realise that the design  never changed - so it's a bit of an odd "date-run" , but to me this is the pinnacle of US coin design - my favourite actually, and has a great history behind the design and minting involving President Roosevelt himself and his friendships with the designers. Anyways - pics when I get it later! 

A 1910 gold US Indian Head $5 half eagle, looks in good nick (at least in the eBAY sellers pics). Slowly trying to pick off all the available years in that series (still 1913, 1914, 1915, 1916 and 1929 to get). Got 1908 - 1912, now the harder / rarer ones left (and more expensive of course).  Pretty much can forget the 1929 piece - as they go for about $20,000 ! With spot up and only 0.24 Troy gold each it's difficult to find any of these 1908-1916 $5 half Eagles under £300 now for decent  unslabbed examples. Makes buying shield sovereigns seem like bargains! 

I do realise that the design  never changed - so it's a bit of an odd "date-run" , but to me this is the pinnacle of US coin design - my favourite actually, and has a great history behind the design and minting involving President Roosevelt himself and his friendships with the designers. Anyways - pics when I get it later! 

The $5 eagles are surprisingly tough to locate at a good price. The date run was very short compared to the liberty head and I guess because it's so tough and they are difficult to grade from pics I focused on the Liberty head.

I would like a classic head in Au55 or au58 and thinking it may be worth selling lower grade $5 and duplicates and buying a capped head.

On 12/05/2016 at 22:55, FriedrichVonHayek said:

I have started stacking again like a man possessed this month I have bought a 5 gram Gold bar,10x2oz Queens Beasts,8x1oz Britannia's 10x1oz Isle of Man Angels.

I would not have known about the Angels if it was not for this forum,this forum has developed into an excellent resource for the stacker/collector.

Can I ask where you found the silver Angels? I've not seen them myself but like the design.

1 hour ago, Cointreau said:

Hey there!

Just ordered an IOM gold noble from Atkinsons.

I've wanted one for a long time.

I saw that one earlier. Luckily I bought one from a forum member recently and resisted temptation! They're lovely.

Ordered a 1/2oz Maple 2016, a single silver 2016 Britannia to continue the year run I'm almost finished making, and the silver 1/2oz Tiger Shark and Hammerhead to complete the 3 coin set (series discontinued so an easy set to make) to go with the Great White I already have, as well as a bunch of capsules.

2016 Tiger Shark     ???????/??????? but Perth Mint say limited (.9999) No typo ;)

2015 Hammerhead 155,005/300,000 declared (.999)

2014 Great White    298,852/300,000 declared (.999)

http://www.perthmint.com.au/documents/2016%20Perth%20Mint%20Bullion%20Other%20Sales%20311215%20final.pdf

Edited by Oldun

Today I bought a 5kg Geiger-Edelmetalle copper bar and 1oz bars to go along with my stack of their bars. Got extra to aide my dad with his stack of copper. Look nice as a feature in the front room.

Also ordered some silver Queens' beasts and Isle of Man Angel coins as well from @Abbotssilvercoins. Hopefully pick these up on Monday after work.

Bought a $1 gold coin from 1859 historical piece. Looks to be nice and golden toned circulated.

424d2ab45959e90cde6837a46c028cec.jpg

a7646827c5168901628cb5de19b61b54.jpg

5f528ad652a94baa2243ffc8390a9989.jpg

Estimated 600 survivors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk