• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I bought.....

It is difficult to know precisely the mintages because the 10 pound gold Britannia Appears singly and in the sets. 

£10 proof Britannia single coin mintages

Mintage of sets of gold proof britannias

I don't know how accurate the sales of sets are  and many of them have been broken apart for  the individual coins over the years .

in 1998 there were 750 sets plus the singles.

For some years there were no singles only the sets and the set mintages for 1990 to 1996 are 500 or so.

You can see here the lowest 5 mintage years by total and by £10 alone.

image.jpeg

It is difficult to know precisely the mintages because the 10 pound gold Britannia Appears singly and in the sets. 

£10 proof Britannia single coin mintages

Mintage of sets of gold proof britannias

I don't know how accurate the sales of sets are  and many of them have been broken apart for  the individual coins over the years .

in 1998 there were 750 sets plus the singles.

For some years there were no singles only the sets and the set mintages for 1990 to 1996 are 500 or so.

You can see here the lowest 5 mintage years by total and by £10 alone.

Thanks for that Numi.

I'm quite chuffed. I have a 1993 boxed proof which is one of the ones highlighted as being one of the lowest combined total for a single year. :)

I'm seriously considering trying to get a full date run going, and it's good to know the mintages when deciding if a coin is worth buying.

More ellies!  I had golden intentions for this month but when you see a deal you have to go for it I suppose (and STG were running out at £11.99).

Edit:  It looks like the deal is over now.  They are back to £13+

In fact there are no specials at all.  Markets open in 45 mins.

Edited by HelpingHands

• Founder & Administrator

@Numistacker Nice purchase on that Monkey. The monkey is one of my favourite designs on the S1's.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

I don't very often order from the mint but I do collect 1/10oz Britannias and some of you might have seen the 1/10th 1998 I added recently that has now gone to NGC.

3500639c526cf45e93c8c4c44dfabd3e.jpg

Here is a reminder..

Today I ordered this set from Royal Mint

72ea977bd6b3321559fcc241592ad96e.jpg

It is a low value proof Britannia set containing 1/10th 1/20th and 1/40th gold proofs and there are only 250 sets released.

More interesting is the overall mintage figures of 700 for the 1/10th and 600 for the 1/20th which are miniscule. There is no separate 1/10th as a single or 1/4oz as a single so few of these will be around. I will grade all of them and see what NGC makes of them.

RM site says 138 left

but if the gold price doubles do you honestly think a set like that from Royal mint will be valued at £700 + and there will be people willing to pay that sort of price for it.

I don't think it's a money maker but I got 6% cash back from quidco and it will help my 1/10th date run. I will probably sell the 1/20th and 1/40th almost immediately and if they get pf70 the premium may give me an affordable 1/10th.

I don't think it's a money maker but I got 6% cash back from quidco and it will help my 1/10th date run. I will probably sell the 1/20th and 1/40th almost immediately and if they get pf70 the premium may give me an affordable 1/10th.

Now that is plan I can commend :)

I've bought a little more.:)

Just out of interest Kenny, what is the mainstay of European stackers? Apart from older coinage I am guessing Phillies?

Currently stacking 1/4 oz (22ct) and Sovs.

Yesterday, I picked up 20 Dying Eagle and The Saint Zombucks - To finish off the serious.  I haven't bought silver in a while (Just takes up too much storage space). But I had to finish this collection off.  I'm a little behind on ATB Coins - I need to play catch-up - So those will be the next silver purchases I buy. 

I was sure today silver will drop by 5% - Always does after I buy, but instead is was up 5% in USD terms.