• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

'Photo Only Topics' Discussion Thread

Message added by ChrisSilver,

There is also a new Precious Metals Photography section to discuss all things related to photography including techniques, questions, and discussions:

https://www.thesilverforum.com/forum/150-precious-metals-photography/

5 hours ago, RogerBelmar said:

A monster box like that would be a great way of keeping all my gold and silver stacks together! The container looks pretty big from the size of those 10oz Queen’s Beasts.

Yeah it's a decent size and very sturdy. 

3 minutes ago, vanderPoot said:

Man, those Dutch really took trading to the moon

Dutch trading to the Moon?

Not sure about that but the Dutch prime minister got some fake Moon rock (petrified wood) as a present from Neil 'i never went to the Moon' Armstrong and Buzz 'i didn't go either' Aldrin.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

10 minutes ago, sixgun said:

Dutch trading to the Moon?

Not sure about that but the Dutch prime minister got some fake Moon rock (petrified wood) as a present from Neil 'i never went to the Moon' Armstrong and Buzz 'i didn't go either' Aldrin.

Politicians give bad presented as a gift all the time, good practical joke I say

Edit: ehm, I didn´t wrote ´bad´, I wrote bad

Edited by vanderPoot

17 minutes ago, vanderPoot said:

Is that a Guilder you got there? 

Man, those Dutch really took trading to the moon

It is, got some more of them too. There is a special delivery line between the Netherlands and the forest moon!!

They really are worth collecting imo...

2 minutes ago, FFkook said:

It is, got some more of them too. There is a special delivery line between the Netherlands and the forest moon!!

They really are worth collecting imo...

Hehe, very nice

To this day I still convert to guilders every now and then (I am Dutch)

Although, since recently I start thinking -I can buy a coin for that-

On 26/09/2018 at 02:45, Reichpapers said:

Have you opened any of the dragon bar tubes?  If so, what condition do they come in?  This may seem like an odd question...

I have some of these, the condition is the same as if you brought just 1 as they all come from the tubes. There will be very slight marking on the raised edged where they touch but the bar faces themselves seem fine.

5 hours ago, terakris said:

I have some of these, the condition is the same as if you brought just 1 as they all come from the tubes. There will be very slight marking on the raised edged where they touch but the bar faces themselves seem fine.

Thanks!!

Tonight I opened them all up to put some anti tarnish strips in and they all look great. 

One thing though is that the coin is smooth on the sides and feels quite sharp. Probably sharp enough to cut 

so the front and back look great but the finishing is a bit rough. But only on the rim of the coin. 

Hope that makes sense 

34 minutes ago, CadmiumGreen said:

Finally able to find some time to break out the collection and provide us with this...

Silver collection.

D549C533-E1F7-4115-B109-EA52170810CC.thumb.jpeg.6599da5a77439026176502ae9cccf024.jpeg

Backyard Bullion Poured Silver Collection and 2018 Silver Brittanias, since I ran out of room in above collection.

812068E0-5AB6-4B95-8FAB-150F68860C56.thumb.jpeg.8421f726c0018a93b9fff6c4d2d53cb7.jpeg

Gold Sovereign Collection, mostly Numismatic and Bullion with some proofs (there is also a Queen’s Beast hidden in the graded tray).

0AA040CB-0727-4588-8D32-2D765D797168.thumb.jpeg.523eeb5a38c331d8ad0868fae14e2a17.jpeg

Gold Sovereign Proofs and special Sovereign dates.

20338D5A-AB51-476C-AB15-6F244A4B0C77.thumb.jpeg.53b91a97aa0939b60d8fc0be403b58cc.jpeg

Gold 1 oz Gold Maples,  1 oz and 1/2 oz Krugerrands with some Rands, 1 oz Rwanda Gold Lunar, 1/2 oz Gold Libertads,  Queen’s Beast Proof and BU, remaining Gold Sovereign bullion and other varieties.

6CDAD16C-023D-454B-97F9-3E1069CD5C95.thumb.jpeg.7b7dc8eef40f2324955dec0ffd78a125.jpeg

Nice collection how long has it taken you to collect this stash!

27 minutes ago, NRSovereign said:

Nice collection how long has it taken you to collect this stash!

@NRSovereign, thank you...this is the result of 10 and a half months...I was waiting to do a first year stack photo collection, but I can just do an addendum to this on the full years time.

14 hours ago, CadmiumGreen said:

@NRSovereign, thank you...this is the result of 10 and a half months...I was waiting to do a first year stack photo collection, but I can just do an addendum to this on the full years time.

10 and a half months and you have that collection.... wow....! :o 

4 minutes ago, Money2Metal said:

Slow but steady stack here. Maybe 8ish years of buying on and off. I sold lots of my generics a few years back and have been replacing them over the past year with Brits. 

Wow, silver sovs? Didn't know they existed, now I want one!!!