• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

'Photo Only Topics' Discussion Thread

Message added by ChrisSilver,

There is also a new Precious Metals Photography section to discuss all things related to photography including techniques, questions, and discussions:

https://www.thesilverforum.com/forum/150-precious-metals-photography/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice picture today by @TheBeast in the koala thread. A lovely '08 kilo. Wonder how much it was?

Got me thinking about the koala range. Admittedly not the most liked, regarded or discussed. I chose not to get them all, myself, but when it's a year i like the design i do get some. And i would like to see it go on and on, anyway. My favourites are the '07, '12, '16.

The '16 was a nice looking one, after what were a few weak years ('13,'14,'15). I especially find the '16 cute because it's walking in that way a drunk might. Wide eyed and using careful, too deliberate steps.

Any favourites out there? Anyone a firm fan the whole series? Even if not, is it a series you would like to see continue for many more years? I would.

On 28-1-2018 at 02:44, swAgger said:

That makes it even more special for you. It is a beautiful gift by your uncle, and it will always be a special one in your collection. Did he know you were interested in coins, or since inheriting this has got you interested in them?

Yes it's very special to me :) and it's also my first coin.
I did know he was collecting coins but not special ones like these B) after seeing it i'm hooked. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i have looked at this before - i have some PAMP bars myself.

. Where can I check certificate numbers for PAMP bullion products?

We do not provide this as a general service, however we may do so under exceptional circumstances. If you believe yours is such a case please contact us.

Not very helpful. i also had a go at finding the date of a vintage Silvertowne bar - no help from those people either. So much for these numbers.

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, xthomasx said:

How did you do it? Looks interesting!

Mostly liver of sulphur and hand polishing to make the black shine

6 minutes ago, Alun said:

Needs a box emoji38.pngemoji38.png

He he he. I am planning on tapping you up for one :) Just waiting till I get a few more done to see if they still look good

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

The only way to truly date pamp products is by the style of the pamp stamp and assay stamp - I have attached the document - RB_6_PAMPGoldBars.pdflooks like the entire document did not attach - just google history of pamp and find this document - it will contain the date ranges for the stamp assay.

Edited by Pampfan

On 4/10/2018 at 16:10, Kookaburracollector said:

Could anyone tell me how to date these PAMP bars please . Drawn a blank using the usual channels..

C5C36B0D-2C81-431C-A7F4-3DB1BEAA9894.thumb.jpeg.168b922dd5bf5564d86332ada417f2c6.jpeg

In general - you can determine that a bar with no letter as the first item in the serial # is older than a bar with one :

i believe the ages of bars are as follows:

no letter in serial - oldest

letter A

letter B

letter C

letter D - newest

etc.

so the oldest bar of the bunch is the 025703.