• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsors topics (hidden to guests) for deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking. 

ArthGoch

Ukraine Bullion Coin - 1 Hryvnia Archangel

16 hours ago, HighlandTiger said:

Ok, I better answer this, ....

Remember this post occurred whilst the Ukraine and Russia were in dispute and the military were killing people left right and centre. Russia has never wanted the Ukraine to join the EU or any connection with Europe or the west.

And before I get attacked for not knowing what I am talking about, let me just say, I have Russian, Georgian, Ukrainian and Serbian friends. I have visited Russia several times, and was even in the Ukraine whilst it was still part of the USSR. So I have seen eastern Europe before and after the Soviet collapse. I also did Russian studies at school for a year and learnt a little of the language. 

And no, I will not retract anything I have said about Putin. 

Hello mate ,

thanks for your kind answer. I am not here to create a conflict at all. I understand , in hindsight , that you could have written this in the heat of the moment and in a particular context.

I do not deny the fact that you know about the topic and you have your opinions and they are well sourced.  We all have our life experience and a reason why we believe in what we believe.

Without entering the political debate too much as we are on a precious metal forum , I am pro-Putin and pro-Ukraine , and against this idea that Ukraine is under assault of Russia. Yanukovich had a very clever balanced foreign policy, as he refused to join the Eurasian union and refused to join the European union at the same time. Ukraine was a bridge and a buffer state between Russia and Poland and should remain so.

These are brother countries and will always stay , there have been billions of attempts to de-russify Ukraine but it will never work. Putin has answered masterfully to the Nato-led orchestrated coup by taking back Crimea and there are millions of Europeans happy about this. The fierce corruption and lack of intelligence from Ukrainian leaders , the refusal to allow autonomy and federate the country , plus the discrimination against minorities in Ukraine will just make sure that Ukraine will split in the future and one part will join the Eurasian Union.

The US , and their vassal the EU & England , having realized they cannot take the east , have decided  to give up on Ukraine. They have been ridiculed by Putin , who one against all the world , has managed to win again , as he did in Georgia ,  in Syria , and as he did almost everywhere.

The only sad story is that Ukrainians and Russians are the ones to suffer from all these unnecessary wars and sanctions. If there was no Putin , third world war in Europe would have already started. At least he is delaying it. He is no saint for sure but he is by far the most respected leader in the entire world (Asia , Africa , South America included). 

If you want to discuss more and confront opinions we can do it in private messages.

Btw having said that , I really like this coin and will have the opportunity to get some this summer.

Edited by Toshunya86

Lol, by far the most respected leader in the entire world.  Now we know who's trolling.

Respected by criminals or nationalistic Russians perhaps but not the majority of people in the world, many of whom have probably hardly or never heard of him.

1 hour ago, Murph said:

Lol, by far the most respected leader in the entire world.  Now we know who's trolling.

Respected by criminals or nationalistic Russians perhaps but not the majority of people in the world, many of whom have probably hardly or never heard of him.

I would tend to agree with him on that score. He may not be the most liked world leader but I think few with any knowledge and without prejudice would fail to respect his strength and political abilities on the world stage.

TBH I don't think he actually has much competition really!

I am sorry that I have triggered a political discussion. Whoever is interested in what I'm thinking can PM me .

Anyone interested in these coins ( archangels ) can let me.know as I'm going to grab some this summer 

Edited by Toshunya86

On 19/05/2019 at 10:32, sovereignsteve said:

I would tend to agree with him on that score. He may not be the most liked world leader but I think few with any knowledge and without prejudice would fail to respect his strength and political abilities on the world stage.

TBH I don't think he actually has much competition really!

There's a difference between believing or respecting that someone has strength and the ability to use it politically and actually respecting them as a leader.  At least that's how I see it.

That Western leaders back down more quickly than the likes of Putin shouldn't be surprising and I think Putin expects this and that's exactly why he uses intimidation.  He doesn't have to worry about keeping his position as much as European leaders and could probably do almost anything and still have considerable support at home.  Especially once the misinformation has been spread.