• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Ukraine Bullion Coin - 1 Hryvnia Archangel

ArthGoch

May be worth a consideration for the collection 

This is a relatively new bullion series starting in 2011 and has been repeated each year since and with the same design 

The downside is supply. Have been informed by the Central Bank that they are the sole issuers from the mint and can only in the first case be purchased over the counter at retail banks within the country. Some German dealers do list these, so not certain if they are buying direct or via the retail banks

Normal retail price is in the region of $25-$28. However, by the time this comes out of the country this is fairly inflated. Managed to pick one up this week for around $35. Upside is that the 2011 coin had a mintage of only 10k, and 20k for 2012. Cannot currently see mintage figures for 2013. 

State Mint, bullion coin, and a popular design/symbol in Eastern Europe and many of the CIS states. Took a punt that due to this being the first in the series, and also has low mintage, the market will in the future see this as a semi-numismatic 

post-23-0-48393700-1398485413.jpg

• 3 months later...

Yeah I spotted that, but to be honest, with such low mintage numbers I doubt they would ever get any more in stock. 

It's a shame because its a nice coin. there are plenty of Ukrainian sellers on ebay, but thanks to bloody Putin and his thugs, Ukraine wont ever be part of the EU, so if i get from there I'll be lumbered with additional VAT and PO charges, meaning the coins will cost a small fortune. Looks like I may have to wait and pick up any that appear from Slovenia or Poland on Ebay

Hello HT - As you say, trying to find a EU dealer that currently stocks this is near to impossible. With this being the case try this ebay seller ( honavi75)

He is registered via the USA, but is in fact in Western Ukraine. Charges around two pound per coin for delivery and currently has auction listings for 2013 and 2014 coins. He is also happy to combine shipping. Have bought a fair few and touchwood I have had no issues with customs.

As he lists some of these as auctions you can usually pick these up at a bit of a discount to the coins being listed as 'buy now'. Last one I have bought was just over 20 pound

2013 mintage figures have been released since my intial posting and has been declared as 24,500.

2014 were released fairly late in the year and due in part to the political tensions.  Rumored that mintage has been scaled back and will be less than 2013 but this has not been confirmed by the Central Bank

Yeah I spotted that, but to be honest, with such low mintage numbers I doubt they would ever get any more in stock. 

It's a shame because its a nice coin. there are plenty of Ukrainian sellers on ebay, but thanks to bloody Putin and his thugs, Ukraine wont ever be part of the EU, so if i get from there I'll be lumbered with additional VAT and PO charges, meaning the coins will cost a small fortune. Looks like I may have to wait and pick up any that appear from Slovenia or Poland on Ebay

Check out the EBay BIN thread! a new poster linked one of those coins for ~$60 inc shipping from. . . .slovenia :)

Check out the EBay BIN thread! a new poster linked one of those coins for ~$60 inc shipping from. . . .slovenia :)

Thanks, but I'd already spotted that one, That was the reason I'd mentioned Slovenia. But I need it to drop to less than £30 delivered before I press the buy button. Looking at the Ebay "sold" section, If I wait around, getting one for less than £30 should be possible. 

Correct  - In fact, as per your indication that you only want one, the LVCR will almost cover it.

You will be unlucky if this was to be picked up by customs for a matter of a couple of pounds; but as the expression goes caveat emptor and recognise that you might get unlucky.

Correct  - In fact, as per your indication that you only want one, the LVCR will almost cover it.

You will be unlucky if this was to be picked up by customs for a matter of a couple of pounds; but as the expression goes caveat emptor and recognise that you might get unlucky.

I had to look up LVCR, and well, I learn something new everyday. Never knew there was a limit that could get in vat free into the UK. 

Cheers for that. Gonna give it a try, see what happens. I'd love to put together a little stack of these coins.

Update, just bought one from the seller you mentioned, just as a test to see if it gets through "custom free". If ok then I'll be trying to pick one up on a regular basis. 

Hello HT - As you say, trying to find a EU dealer that currently stocks this is near to impossible. With this being the case try this ebay seller ( honavi75)

He is registered via the USA, but is in fact in Western Ukraine. Charges around two pound per coin for delivery and currently has auction listings for 2013 and 2014 coins. He is also happy to combine shipping. Have bought a fair few and touchwood I have had no issues with customs.

As he lists some of these as auctions you can usually pick these up at a bit of a discount to the coins being listed as 'buy now'. Last one I have bought was just over 20 pound

Also bought from him without issue. Nice coin available in four sizes of gold as well.

Also bought from him without issue. Nice coin available in four sizes of gold as well.

Hello Mick. Don't want to start going cross-subject on this posting, but do you know who stocks the gold 1 oz at a reasonable spot to premium ?

Most of those on ebay are well inflated against spot. Once again I am finding it hard to find any dealers in the EU that stock this. Thanks

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone,

I am from Ukraine, staying in London for few years. Recently I've been searching for ways to sell part of my coin collection, silver coins from Ukraine. Maybe someone is interested in such - please contact me is so. I also travel to Ukraine few times a year, so we can discuss is you need coins which I do not have here in London. 

I am trying to understand, where it is better to sell my coins, here in UK or back in Ukraine. For these purposes I want to sell one from my collection, please see picture attached.

20150717_143112.jpg

• 2 years later...
On 16/08/2014 at 22:14, HighlandTiger said:

Are you serious or trolling ? 

1 hour ago, Toshunya86 said:

It does not matter how old the post was ; it was shocking to read it for me .

Anyway the archangel is a really nice coin .

In what way do you think it was trolling? The discussion afterwards was pretty normal. Are you objecting to his opinions on Putin?

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Ok, I better answer this, ....

Remember this post occurred whilst the Ukraine and Russia were in dispute and the military were killing people left right and centre. Russia has never wanted the Ukraine to join the EU or any connection with Europe or the west.

And before I get attacked for not knowing what I am talking about, let me just say, I have Russian, Georgian, Ukrainian and Serbian friends. I have visited Russia several times, and was even in the Ukraine whilst it was still part of the USSR. So I have seen eastern Europe before and after the Soviet collapse. I also did Russian studies at school for a year and learnt a little of the language. 

And no, I will not retract anything I have said about Putin. 

Putin the bad guy meets his first teacher in the Kremlin.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Archived