• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New £20 coin

MickB

if this is rm's way of 'encouraging' me to

do lucky dip again and spend my existing

ones at face value. then I not impressed.

weird thing is that they are all unmagnified

identical. meaning it's more likely a machine

error as opposed to random bag marks from

having fights with each other.

I suppose I can't really lose as long as some

normal shops still accept them at face value.

HH

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

got mine today and all 3 have an identical strike-mark there, near the 2015.  :(

The Royal Mint harp on about how great they are, and to get shabby products like this is such a let-down 

So we now have 6 extremely rare mis-struck coins. I'm sure there will be at least 6 mu...collectors who will want one of them.

I'd put one up on ebay, just to test the water. Chuck it on at £40 start and as an auction and see if anyone bites.

How long have people waited for these?

Bought two myself on the release and have not yet received anything.

First time buying from Royal mint so not sure how they do things

-Edit- Just checked the account *Shipping within 2 weeks* Wonderful.

How long have people waited for these?

Bought two myself on the release and have not yet received anything.

First time buying from Royal mint so not sure how they do things

-Edit- Just checked the account *Shipping within 2 weeks* Wonderful.

I purchased on 2nd September, they arrived yesterday on the 7th September.

Stacker since 2013

On a side note, I have noticed that one mug seller on ebay has sold one of these coins for £23.

Take off £2.30 Ebay fees.

Then take off  94p Paypal fees

Then take off 70p postage fees, that leaves you with................. £19.06

Oh dear.......... ;)

ooops my mistake, just noticed its the Royal Mints own Ebay account selling them at that price.

Buggers are trying to drive down the our resale prices 

Crafty gits.... :angry:  :rolleyes:  

I very much doubt the Royal Mint will be paying feeBay anything like 10% and will have a much lower transaction fee with PayPal as well.

They will not be out of pocket for sure however much we try to analyse this.

:P

Same, I haven't got a tracking number yet, which leads me to believe they have yet to send it

Check your account with them and the open orders, that will give you an idea where along the process it is

I have mine and I didn't get a tracking number.

Stacker since 2013

Archived