• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New £20 coin

MickB

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got the Churchills for some of my friends who love all that wartime memorabilia.

The Queens might be a nice prezzy for some of my Russki relatives who are all raving Monarchists.

They LOVE all that stuff!

I might wait 'til everyone's asleep before trying the website though ...

With the low mintage, the massive TV and press coverage, and the fact that the Royal Mint website keeps crashing due to people trying to get online to buy one, I don't think they will have trouble selling out of this coin.

I can see people making a bit of cash on ebay, for the first ones to appear after the RM puts up the sold out signs.

Whilst the previous £20 "war" issues, had a collectability factor, not everyone would be a fan of the subject. However, Queenie becoming the longest reigning monarch in our  history, will be very popular, with practically everyone, not just your run of the mill coin collectors.

Get em while you can I say...

I got on last night at 12:30 am, no problem. Bought 5 with the aim to flip for about 20% profit. Bit of a gamble I know. But worst case scenario, I still have the money I spent in "legal tender"

The fact that people are still struggling to buy the coin this morning, is actually quite a good thing, as my thoughts on it being popular seems to be borne out. I may get more than my 20% profit, I'm after.

:) 

The Queen has celebrated some remarkable milestones, including silver, golden and diamond Jubilees. But on 9 September 2015, she quietly eclipsed them all, becoming our longest reigning monarch, surpassing the record set by Queen Victoria more than a century ago.

Thats tempting fate imo  :lol: 

None of my five have marks like those.

But don't worry, a bit of creative writing, and you have "three very rare Royal Mint £20 Silver Mis-strike error coins. Only three known to be in existence"

There will be some mugs, oooops sorry, collectors out there who will snap these up at a nice premium

:)

On a side note, I have noticed that one mug seller on ebay has sold one of these coins for £23.

Take off £2.30 Ebay fees.

Then take off  94p Paypal fees

Then take off 70p postage fees, that leaves you with................. £19.06

Oh dear.......... ;)

ooops my mistake, just noticed its the Royal Mints own Ebay account selling them at that price.

Buggers are trying to drive down the our resale prices 

Crafty gits.... :angry:  :rolleyes:  

Archived