• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

5 minutes ago, silversky said:

How do you propose stopping the worlds population from growing?  In the west we are currently less than native replacement births?  We must already be doing our bit and to do more would be wrong.  What's the solution?

You don't need to stop the population in some major way, a change in mentality would take care of that and the rabbit producing people who think 20 kids is fine.

You need to change the way we make money, the things we think are the dreams we look forward too, we don't have to be vegan, rabbit fur wearing hippies, but we have come on as a species who have the ability to live in harmony with our planet without losing everything like healthcare, jobs, etc...we can move forward on decarbonization, or depoisoning the oceans...we had in place a way for ocean going ships to dump algae as they went and feed the ocean, to create reefs, to let food levels recover before we wiped them out...we just chose to let the corporate boards do nothing or abuse it more with the excuse that they are not responsible for everything but when you add them all up they are, they can change but don't want to, coke cola and Pepsi are the most prevent polluters on the planet, they are responsible for the most found bad on the planet but they won't stop,won't make biodegradable plastic multipack holders because they wont..no reason other then that...the candy wrappers are none biodegradable even though the lifespan of the candy in them only lasts one year if that...using less glass and more plastic, less wood based and more plastic based,why,?, oil....oil, oil,

18 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

You don't need to stop the population in some major way, a change in mentality would take care of that and the rabbit producing people who think 20 kids is fine.

You need to change the way we make money, the things we think are the dreams we look forward too, we don't have to be vegan, rabbit fur wearing hippies, but we have come on as a species who have the ability to live in harmony with our planet without losing everything like healthcare, jobs, etc...we can move forward on decarbonization, or depoisoning the oceans...we had in place a way for ocean going ships to dump algae as they went and feed the ocean, to create reefs, to let food levels recover before we wiped them out...we just chose to let the corporate boards do nothing or abuse it more with the excuse that they are not responsible for everything but when you add them all up they are, they can change but don't want to, coke cola and Pepsi are the most prevent polluters on the planet, they are responsible for the most found bad on the planet but they won't stop,won't make biodegradable plastic multipack holders because they wont..no reason other then that...the candy wrappers are none biodegradable even though the lifespan of the candy in them only lasts one year if that...using less glass and more plastic, less wood based and more plastic based,why,?, oil....oil, oil,

I'm totally with you on the packaging and pollution but not the CO2 if you're in that church.  Plastics in the ocean is serious and it's something we in the west can definitely deal with decisively from our end.  I remember paper bags and reused cardboard boxes before plastic bags and I can't understand why we don't still use them.  But ultimately this isn't going to solve the point you made about rising global population.  The rest of the world is not ours to dictate so what is your proposal on that?  In the west we're already below our replacement birth rate so this is surely not something that we can go much further with?  Or maybe we can?  What's your proposal?

Edit: this is the wrong thread for this sort of discussion so if it's removed that's fine and my apologies.  Just responding as the thread wandered off topic.

Edited by silversky
Edit

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

"silver monitoring thread £".  Please keep discussions within this thread on topic.

Thread here for anyone wanting to continue the global warming discussion.

Edited by morezone
added link to thread

i wonder if silver is gonna drop price like last year this time and continue down in june from 16 to 14 ish in February 

then up to 15.5 till early july then sky rocketed till the end of last month to 18 plus

now crashing back mmmmmmm wonder what that is about 

are there any wars using silver that has ended ?

• 2 weeks later...

People buy silver on here at around spot plus 20% from what i've seen.  If you want to buy in the UK you need to pay spot plus VAT plus the extra value of the coins themselves which seems to be another 20%.  Buying from the EU you still spend 15% or so above spot, easily.

• 1 month later...

Think I will wait until next Friday to order my last tranche of EU silver. End of January seems like the last chance to take advantage of EU market rules before import duties and VAT are applied to purchases made in the EU ☹️ other than when going on “holiday”🤐

After that I will concentrate on gold.

54 minutes ago, Airhead said:

Think I will wait until next Friday to order my last tranche of EU silver. End of January seems like the last chance to take advantage of EU market rules before import duties and VAT are applied to purchases made in the EU ☹️ other than when going on “holiday”🤐

What site will u be using? 

I have tended to use silvercoins.ee. I have never had any problems even though they are in Estonia, other than when they ran out of Britannias and communication was a little erratic, but they delivered. It’s the VAT free silver, ie 0% that attracts.

I would advise using something like a Revolut account and paying in Euros. Then you are not clobbered with exchange charges as you convert between currencies at the inter bank rate and Revolut do not charge for the privilege.

Edited by Airhead
Additional info

Revolute is great i use it fir everything

if you'd like one i can send you a link we can get a gift if you sign up 

2 hours ago, Airhead said:

I have tended to use silvercoins.ee. I have never had any problems even though they are in Estonia, other than when they ran out of Britannias and communication was a little erratic, but they delivered. It’s the VAT free silver, ie 0% that attracts.

I would advise using something like a Revolut account and paying in Euros. Then you are not clobbered with exchange charges as you convert between currencies at the inter bank rate and Revolut do not charge for the privilege.

16 hours ago, Airhead said:

Just out of interest, where do you buy your silver from in EU? 

I have a modest stack of mainly 1oz Britannia’s mostly but never thought to buy from EU. Maybe this is our last chance pre-Brexit, that thing that never seems like it will happen.

A company in Estonia. I would never buy silver from the UK, why pay silver + margin + vat? Buying from the EU has saved me in the region of £1200 in vat. To me, and not wishing to engage in a polemical rant here, but the imposition of vat on silver is just a way of denying the less well off a way of accumulating real wealth, and I’ll be buggered if I will play thier game. So it’s a loss to the exchequer and more silver for me.

8 hours ago, Foster88 said:

Just out of interest, where do you buy your silver from in EU? 

I have a modest stack of mainly 1oz Britannia’s mostly but never thought to buy from EU. Maybe this is our last chance pre-Brexit, that thing that never seems like it will happen.

Wait until Friday to purchase. If the Conservatives are returned with a decent majority the pound is likely to head to close to $1.39 making silver even cheaper it is already at $1.32 just on firming opinion poll results.

• 2 weeks later...