• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

• 2 weeks later...

Irrelevant. 1 potentially some of which are double triple fakes is not greater than 17+ registered and confirmed individual votes...any headline can trigger a short move in headline driven algos....that is all. This one will have zero effect.

Edited by Oldun

• 2 months later...

I was only just thinking of Mr Wong and silver going down to $4. Seems he also believed a petition where anyone in the world could vote and did - anyone could vote many times over and they did.

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/03/2019 at 21:35, Rocky said:

Do you guys think the brexit chaos could cause a price spike?

In case you were interested, this is a piece written by my colleague earlier in the year, which covers how Brexit has impacted gold prices https://www.bleyerbullion.co.uk/brexit-timeline-impact-on-gold-prices-2017-2019 . 

Obviously things have happened since this was published and this piece is about gold and not silver, but I thought you might find it interesting :) 

Bleyer Bullion is the South West's local bullion dealer, serving the whole of the UK by phone and online. Bleyer offers friendly, expert consultancy and welcomes face-to-face appointments with UK customers looking for a more personal service. Please visit us at: www.BleyerBullion.co.uk.

On 27/06/2019 at 12:34, BleyerBullion said:

In case you were interested, this is a piece written by my colleague earlier in the year, which covers how Brexit has impacted gold prices https://www.bleyerbullion.co.uk/brexit-timeline-impact-on-gold-prices-2017-2019 . 

Obviously things have happened since this was published and this piece is about gold and not silver, but I thought you might find it interesting :) 

That is very interesting to read. I’m referring to the link you shared and it seems to show that every time ‘Brexit’ has been pushed back there is a drop in the gold price. Which makes me think what will happen to the gold price when Brexit actually happens. 

Looking at that article you shared makes me think gold will shoot up albeit maybe temporarily with all the uncertainly becaus elets face it none of us in UK know what Brexit will actually bring apart from leaving the EU. 

Only time will tell but I think it will be interesting to see what happens with the gold price. After all this isn’t Brexit Mark II, it’s never happened before so maybe gold will shoot up or stay the same if Brexit is a storm in a tea cup sort of situation and it’s all a fuss about nothing. Who knows.... I certainly don’t.

• 3 weeks later...

This is all about sterling.

$1.24 and 1.11EUR... GBP is a piece of used toilet paper.

I get paid in GBP.. I'm actually furious that pound is my pocket is quickly becoming a worthless piece of bad much more than I am relieved to be holding some non-sterling denominated assets.

22 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

did silver just go up 1% after gold moved down a little?

I'm not sure that's a good sign for sustained higher

prices?

HH

Contrary to popular belief, the GSR can go down as well as up. :P

Edited by vand

As we speak silver is stronger than the $ and the £ but the £ is getting it's butted kicked by everything else and yes it would appear Gold is taking a bit of a breather whilst silver is the better performer.....as long as there's reason for the price to go up it will.

i subscribe to the Sirius Report - London Paul who people may have heard on Rogue Money in the past.

He was saying that the recent 30 year Treasury auction was a disaster. That primary dealers had to take a third of the bond and are already up to their eyeballs with Treasuries as it is. In an attempt to raise liquidity they were selling paper gold - hence some of the recent falls in gold (only to bounce back - not good for the shorts). He said he had also heard rumours of pump and dump antics in the BTC market to raise liquidity. 

This might explain the recent divergence in the gold and silver prices. Gold is a big market to target and raise liquidity - silver is relatively tiny so not such a good market for these USD generative antics. Suggest desperate times if these actors are targeting BTC. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

17 hours ago, vand said:

This is all about sterling.

$1.24 and 1.11EUR... GBP is a piece of used toilet paper.

I get paid in GBP.. I'm actually furious that pound is my pocket is quickly becoming a worthless piece of bad much more than I am relieved to be holding some non-sterling denominated assets.

Unfortunately when there are only one or two examples of a coin you are after you have to get it when it appears so the exchange rate is killing me as I pretty much buy all my coins in Europe or the US - haven't bought an 'old' coin from a UK auction in years! At the moment I am concentrating on the minor denominations as they are cheaper (actually much more difficult to find anyway) than the crowns or gold although I am seriously considering having to stop buying things completely due to the exchange rate :( Hopefully when Brexit goes through the £ will rise again due to the 'uncertainty' disappearing.:)

3 minutes ago, SilverTanner said:

Unfortunately when there are only one or two examples of a coin you are after you have to get it when it appears so the exchange rate is killing me as I pretty much buy all my coins in Europe or the US - haven't bought an 'old' coin from a UK auction in years! At the moment I am concentrating on the minor denominations as they are cheaper (actually much more difficult to find anyway) than the crowns or gold although I am seriously considering having to stop buying things completely due to the exchange rate :( Hopefully when Brexit goes through the £ will rise again due to the 'uncertainty' disappearing.:)

The long term decline is about much more than Brexit. I remember the GBP over $2 and over 1.7Eur. 

This is about continual mismanagement of our economy. We are anti-business and anti-entrepreneurial while promoting too much investment in unproductive housing, all of which has made us an expensive, high tax, and unproductive economy. Where are our success stories? The FTSE100 is still dominated by the same tired old firms that were knocking aroun 10-20 years ago. It is not surprise that as other countries overtake us or pull even further ahead their currencies become more highly valued relative to our own

1 hour ago, vand said:

The long term decline is about much more than Brexit. I remember the GBP over $2 and over 1.7Eur. 

This is about continual mismanagement of our economy. We are anti-business and anti-entrepreneurial while promoting too much investment in unproductive housing, all of which has made us an expensive, high tax, and unproductive economy. Where are our success stories? The FTSE100 is still dominated by the same tired old firms that were knocking aroun 10-20 years ago. It is not surprise that as other countries overtake us or pull even further ahead their currencies become more highly valued relative to our own

... and the major driver of this constant housing shortage is uncontrolled immigration, constantly being touted by politicians as a boon to the country, which it isn't.

31 minutes ago, goldmember44 said:

... and the major driver of this constant housing shortage is uncontrolled immigration, constantly being touted by politicians as a boon to the country, which it isn't.

Don't blame immigrants for our long term problems. 

The reason everyone throws money at the property market is continual repression of interest rates so loans are virtually free, and government incentives like HTB. 

The temporal mechanism that aligns savings and investments (ie free market interest rates) has been broken for 20 years, so we don't have any real savings, no real investment, all the result of which we are now seeing play out in our long term decline.

2 minutes ago, vand said:

Don't blame immigrants for our long term problems. 

The reason everyone throws money at the property market is continual repression of interest rates so loans are virtually free, and government incentives like HTB. 

The temporal mechanism that aligns savings and investments (ie free market interest rates) has been broken for 20 years, so we don't have any real savings, no real investment, all the result of which we are now seeing play out in our long term decline.

I'm not blaming immigrants, rather pointing towards immigration policies (or lack of). Of course it's not the only driver, but it undoubtedly has a role to play too.