• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Average £/oz

Danny-boy

Ah now see I think the maple is a pretty beautiful coin but is let down for obvious reasons, but I really can't get to like philharmonics though, I don't know why they just seem 'meh'. That's why - IMO - ASE are the way to go being both hardy and good looking.

Although I do have a weak spot for American products in general, I dig the eagle as the basis of a design.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My meager stack is sitting at £25.54 / t oz. (all Inc)

As i increase my stack i am sure that will fall very quickly to around the £19.00 / t oz.

Bloody hell. I've used the same formula to work out £/toz and it's now £26.50. Got an order arriving within the next week which will further inflate the figure when it arrives!

Think i'll have to give up on working this £/toz as my head just can't take it any more.

I'm going to keep buying what i like at the lowest price i can find it at. :rolleyes:

I'm going to keep buying what i like at the lowest price i can find it at. :rolleyes:

Boom. That's exactly what I think.

My £/oz is just under £25. I'll keep the number on my spreadsheet but I don't look at it or care about it.

This is the difference between stackers and collectors. Stackers will sell their stack for close to spot in most cases, which is awesome if spot shoots up.

Collectors like me will have 1/2oz coins worth £70 or more, but harder to liquidate.

Horses for courses.

Stacker since 2013

Yee Haaaa.

With tonights buys, I'm under £16 per oz......just!

£15.99.ave for 170 oz t

I will be getting a nice big order from STG at the end of the month and that figure should drop even more.  :D . Well that is if the silver price stops going any higher. 

Was thinking about averages this morning, and it occurs to me that my current average includes all the silver bars coins I own. Yet in some cases I have bought coins purely because I like them and don't ever intend to sell them, even if my main stack is liquidated in future. I'm thinking that maybe the coins I've designated "not as investment" shouldn't even count, because they are there for pleasure. Is that the slippery slope toward creative accountancy where I find ever more excuses to exclude the expensive coins? Perhaps I need to maintain two separate averages: "Collection" and "Stack".

Never thought I would be a collector, but from the moment I held my first silver coins, I was quite taken by them. I still err towards bullion, but there is a lot of nice bullion out there.

Is that the slippery slope toward creative accountancy where I find ever more excuses to exclude the expensive coins?

I'd say so buddy.

But it's your stack/s and your average.

My £25/oz average includes everything I own, including some that cost over £100/oz.

Stacker since 2013

No target just keep stacking as long as the money allows me too.

Mine creeps up when buying the NGC coins but then drops with a big STG order. However I sold the phone I bought with my air miles and got £320 for it so a roll of coins for FREE.

Pics + date/mint mark pl0x :)

Mint mark is just above the DO in dollar (nothing is a Philidelphia, S - San Francisco, O - New Orleans, CC - Carson City (!) or if IRS a 1921 D then that's Denver. The only year they struck Morgans but they made so many millions.

Well despite my being totally wrong about Silver falling in July (cursed Iraq Conflict and further upsurge in Ukraine and other geopolitical events) I don't quite know what to do about the 100 + oz order I was going to place with STG. I was quietly confident of $18 silver and moving marginally lower. However, I cant help now but feel, according to the charts and commentators that $20 oz is quite a sound floor and some are predicting a further rise from current levels up to $25 within 6 months if not sooner. (I'm not so sure - but hey what do I know lol).

What I have been able to do however is pick up a few hundred grams of Sterling Silver at £10 per ounce which is not too bad and have purchased a few sovereigns (1910, 1916 1924) at just below £200. I normally buy the 2014 or 2013 from Atkinsons at £192 - £195 but wanted to diversify a little into older coins.

Anyway, Apart from my normal monthly purchase (which is quite modest) I may just wait and see how events unfold. 

I'm pleased to see most on here are succeeding in reducing their overall cost of purchase - which is great for the future. I meanwhile, may just focus on scrap purchases at the moment until I'm more confident of direction. Experts are saying that the current International conflicts are adding $2-$3 per oz on silver and $30 - $40 per oz on gold. It all now depends on how they unfold and what else may come out of the woodwork.

Experts are saying that the current International conflicts are adding $2-$3 per oz on silver and $30 - $40 per oz on gold. It all now depends on how they unfold and what else may come out of the woodwork.

Experts,what experts,not the ones on king world news etc,you'll have as much idea about which way PMs are going as any so called expert.If you are worried about buying 100 ozs in one go just keep doing what you are doing and buy monthly whatever the price.Then you won't miss any possible future large up turn.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Experts,what experts,not the ones on king world news etc,you'll have as much idea about which way PMs are going as any so called expert.If you are worried about buying 100 ozs in one go just keep doing what you are doing and buy monthly whatever the price.Then you won't miss any possible future large up turn.

Come on Motorbikez I'm a little too serious to base my investment philosophy on Kingsworldnews - though on reflection it's quite entertaining. I was in the finance Industry for 25 years before my now semi- retirement. I think I admitted previously that my conversion to liking silver is quite recent and that I have a steady 50oz a month being purchased. I was being just a little modest when I said 100oz purchase as my plan was 500 oz buy at $18 another 500 oz at $17.50 and 1,000 oz should it falll below $17 which though unlikely was looking possible based on fundamentals of supply and demand if the published reports are to be believed.

Don't discount Alaister McLeod (hope I've spelt his name correctly) though, he is a little more tuned in than many but I follow most Financial media closely and whilst we are to some extent 'fed' the Party line it's not impossible to read between the lines.

I've noticed a slight retrenchment in both gold and silver today and still maintain they could fall back further which would please me for the moment - it's just that I feel disappointed that I may have missed my $18 target for silver and that $19.50 - $20 may hold. I know it's only a dollar or two but until we see $50+ an ounce (which on fundamentals is some way off) every dollar counts.

Following a splurge on S2 PM lunars and a stone mountain half, my £/oz went from £27 to £28.50

Holy crap. Need to crank that down! Buying too much stuff overpriced early on. Although i've only got 44oz, so shouldn't be so bad to drag it down.

Following a splurge on S2 PM lunars and a stone mountain half, my £/oz went from £27 to £28.50

Holy crap. Need to crank that down! Buying too much stuff overpriced early on. Although i've only got 44oz, so shouldn't be so bad to drag it down.

And there was me in a huff because I spent a fortune, (well for me anyway) on some 2oz lunars. But thanks to my overnight cheapies, my average has only risen from £16.01 to £16.04.

yayyyyy :P  

Archived