• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Average £/oz

Danny-boy

You are right Pete, but new stackers won't have the value that the old stackers do.

Especially if those old stackers stacked pandas, rwandas, kooks etc.

And their stack won't be half as nice either!!!

Stacker since 2013

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are right Pete, but new stackers won't have the value that the old stackers do.

Especially if those old stackers stacked pandas, rwandas, kooks etc.

And their stack won't be half as nice either!!!

Yeah - the old timers may have some good coins in their stack but their value is way below the price paid.

Yes thats we are called "OLD TIMERS". 

Oh and I have been to the moon and back several times. :(

I would not be able to afford to go and spend in say 1 year the amount I have spent on my silver collection to date, so now at 1069 ozs at £20.21/oz still not bad.

Yes thats we are called "OLD TIMERS". 

Oh and I have been to the moon and back several times. :(

I would not be able to afford to go and spend in say 1 year the amount I have spent on my silver collection to date, so now at 1069 ozs at £20.21/oz still not bad.

You are not feeling the pain at £20.21 per oz believe me - wonder if there is a pill to swallow to ease my suffering ?

You are not feeling the pain at £20.21 per oz believe me - wonder if there is a pill to swallow to ease my suffering ?

Yes Pete, it's the £50 silver pill.

I reckon it will be available in about 15 years.

May I ask, did you stack generic bullion at high spot price? What I was wondering, was if you bought kooks and lunars, maybe you are not as far in the red as you may think.

On my spreadsheet, I have a column for purchase price but also current value based on knowledge & eBay sold prices.

Maybe that would be the pill you need, or maybe not.

Stacker since 2013

• 4 weeks later...

When adding silver to your stack bought for you as gifts, do you just raise the ounces in the book and wright gift and bring your average down?

I do, is this cheating to bring my average down?

I have my birthday and Christmas gifts from the last three years how many people can say that. most gifts are in landfill by now.

When adding silver to your stack bought for you as gifts, do you just raise the ounces in the book and wright gift and bring your average down?

I do, is this cheating to bring my average down?

I have my birthday and Christmas gifts from the last three years how many people can say that. most gifts are in landfill by now.

Unsure on this one.

I guess it was free, so should be entered as such.

Maybe put it in at current spot to even it out a bit?

D

Stacker since 2013

If an ounce cost you £20 you'd make an entry for £20. If it cost you £1, you would still put £1 and congratulate yourself on a bargain, right? So if it was of no cost to you, then £0.00 is what you have to enter.

Sounds sensible to me.

When I sold & swapped my UK lunar horse mules, the coins that I got with the money were entered at the original purchase price of the lunar horses.

So for example, I have a 2oz lunar horse as £12, because I got 4oz in exchange and the original price was £24 (ish).

Stacker since 2013

I bought 7 A.S.E.'s from Klancey 6 from my family and one i bought, this brought my average down to £21.74. I am trying to hit £20 per oz.

I'm aiming for £20 too but it's just not happening.

Currently looking at lunar series 2 1/2oz mouse and ox that should average £50/oz. Ha ha

Stacker since 2013

You can't complain if you keep buying all these fancy numismatic coins :P

A tube of Canadian milk leafs will bring your average down, even if it's a bit boring - but you already know that. I've splurged on a couple of nice coins this month but also a plain bar; one gives me something nice to gaze at, both increase the stack. I think my average is just under £19 at the moment, but I'm not trying to complete any collections of anything special.

You can't complain if you keep buying all these fancy numismatic coins :P

A tube of Canadian milk leafs will bring your average down, even if it's a bit boring - but you already know that. I've splurged on a couple of nice coins this month but also a plain bar; one gives me something nice to gaze at, both increase the stack. I think my average is just under £19 at the moment, but I'm not trying to complete any collections of anything special.

A tube of maples (£358.31 delivered) only drops my average by £1.20. I'd need 7 tubes to drop me below the £20/oz mark. Ha ha.

Stacker since 2013

All said, dropping your average by £1.20 per oz could be considered a good thing.

Have to admit though, I wouldn't wish 7 tubes of Maples on anyone. :D Philharmonics perhaps?

I'll stick to Lunars I think. Ha ha.

As long as I keep gently swaying closer to £20 I'm happy.

Stacker since 2013

I have some 2014 maples, all bought between February and April this year. about half of them (so far) have suffered some kind of spots, a couple are practically covered in milky blemishes. They keep my average cost down and without the spots are quite nice to look at, but I won't buy more after I have completed a full tube. Philharmonics cost about the same and seem less prone to milk spots (so far, my 2014 Phils are all good) so that might be a better route for low averages with less spoiled coins.

I would buy maples if they where cheap as chips but i agree for low cost bullion Philly's will do the job.I like A.S.E'S so i get them as a preference thing.

I even got into 1oz bars to bring down the average and i hate them things but once i have a core stack of 100 OZ @ £20 an OZ i will be happy.

All my Maples have spilt milk on them 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014.  I will no longer buy them ( ok a few a year) unless they are very cheap.  There are other alternatives Phili's being the cheapest, also Noah's ark,Mex Libertad, American Eagle and Britannia's.  

Remember the Britannia's there is no capital gains Tax here in the UK when you sell ! 

Archived