• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Average £/oz

Danny-boy

Well, I worked out my £/oz today and was pleasantly surprised at just under £26.

Thought it would be a tad higher than that.

I'm a collector rather than a stacker, so I don't think that's too bad.

I do plan to bring it down now I'm a bit more savvy about where and what I buy.

Anybody else care to share theirs, and if they are a collector or a stacker?

Stacker since 2013

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't a clue what my average would be Danny less than a third of my stack is bullion,but i can tell you I keep bumping my average up by what I am buying  :lol: today being a good example :)

Definitely a collector.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

Mine'll definitely be higher, the majority of mine is Morgans/Crowns and the former typically ranges around £27ish for common dates, the latter tends to bounce around more depending on the seller.

A few of us around £26 then, that's interesting.

I think that's a good number for a collector, I remember not very long ago when spot was over our average!!!

I'm often tempted to buy some standard bullion at £15ish an ounce, but every time I have done that I have then swapped out when some semi-numi takes my fancy.

Stacker since 2013

• Founder & Administrator

Last time I calculated, my average for pure bullion was £17.13.

My average for semi numismatic bullion is £20.97 recently bought a few expensive previous year lunar and kook coins which pushed the average up. To be honest I need to reduce this a lot. Given spot price is so low right now, and that I only recently starting stacking, I want to get my average cost per semi numi oz to <£20.

Also bought some nice High reliefs, but I don't count the average cost per ounce for numismatic coins as it's a pointless exercise.

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

My average is just over £24 / Toz but I did buy a substantial quanitiy of new coins almost daily over the entire month of September 2011.

The average for Sept. 2011 is a whopping £33.19 - ouch !!

That's a figure I like to hide from my wife.

I  am very lax in recording my purchases I'm afraid. I started stacking in december 2011 and in terms of value I am 50/50 gold and silver.

I have over 300 oz held with Goldmoney where no vat is paid. So that brings my average down a fair bit.

I will guess my silver average is about £22 after vat. I got about 10 tubes of Brits, silver eagles, moose, kooks, etc.

My gold average aint so good though. I've spent as much as £1117 on a Brit and £240 for my first sovereign.

I think I have over 850 oz of silver (it's all over the place) and I know I have 13 oz of gold. I'm doing a stock take at the moment and I'm doing it very slowly cos I'm not that arsed. However I've misplaced a Victorian sovereign for a second time. Dohhh!

That's why entering everything on a spreadsheet makes analysis easy.

You can forget what you paid and when you bought otherwise.

Alternatively keep a little notebook and write up every purchase as if keeping accounts.

All seems fine at the time but 4 years later when memory is lost you can check back.

Oh!!! You're going to hate me :P

I am a stacker who has turned in to a collector. According to my spreadsheet - which I admit needs checking and bringing up to date - my average is £14 per ounce.

I am not sure it that represents an error in my calculations, or if one of my formulas is missing some newly added coins. I will have to spend some time checking it all over. But from a brief glancing over out it looks like that might be right.

Pleased with that! :D

Oh!!! You're going to hate me :P

I am a stacker who has turned in to a collector. According to my spreadsheet - which I admit needs checking and bringing up to date - my average is £14 per ounce.

I am not sure it that represents an error in my calculations, or if one of my formulas is missing some newly added coins. I will have to spend some time checking it all over. But from a brief glancing over out it looks like that might be right.

Pleased with that! :D

Lol, mine was saying £18/oz until I realised it wasn't counting half my coins.

Gutted. £26 is the actual. Although not as bad as I feared.

Stacker since 2013

Archived