• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Updated spreadsheet of dealer inventory, prices, and premiums

Bimetallic

Hi all – I updated my Google spreadsheet with a new worksheet. This one has the inventory for a wide range of products as of this morning at four North American dealers: APMEX, JM Bullion, SD Bullion, and Silver.com. Note that the usual purpose of this spreadsheet is simply to compare dealer premiums. This is not a minute-to-minute snapshot, because relative premiums are fairly stable over time. The new sheet is handy right now, and probably for today and tomorrow, as a snapshot of what's available and what the premiums are. (All prices are check/eCheck/wire prices.)

I didn't have time to complete the sheet for Provident and Silver Gold Bull (happy to let others do that – let me know), so those columns are blank. Note that Provident is owned by JM Bullion now, and last time I checked their prices were identical (Silver.com is also owned by JM Bullion, but they're always significantly cheaper, and compete with SD Bullion for the lowest priced dealer in North America).

I still have the original pre-crisis worksheet (see the tabs at bottom), which is super handy to see what premiums are like under normal circumstances.

As you can see, the shelves are almost bare at the moment, but it's actually improved a bit over the past week or two. 2020 American Silver Eagles are in stock at all dealers, and 2020 Queens Beasts at most. The premiums are still very inflated, around 60 - 75% on ASE, compared to 15 - 20% before the crisis.

All the normal bars are gone, but most were gone before the crisis due to a strange bar shortage. APMEX is the only dealer with bars – their house bars (APMEX branded).

Normal rounds are gone, but JMB and Silver.com still have a lot of weird rounds, e.g. "1 oz Colorized Proof American Western Skulls Gambler Silver Round (New w/ COA)", or "1 oz Antique Amy Brown Collection Haunted Pumpkin Patch Silver Round (New w/ COA)" 🙂 of course for more than a 100% premium over spot... APMEX still has their house rounds, at a 48% premium. Ouch.

I don't recommend buying retail physical right now, due to the extremely inflated premiums. I've been putting money into gold and silver ETFs and OneGold vaulted bullion lately, made a bit of return already. But you're in charge of you...

Enjoy.

lol just from Sunday apmex silver eagles were at

$21.74

Now they are at:

$27.24 unreal

I found some 2oz Canada's for 42$ what do you think?

I think thats the lowest price per ounce I can find right now, anything else anyone see's?

10 hours ago, OneBlueSummer said:

lol just from Sunday apmex silver eagles were at

$21.74

Now they are at:

$27.24 unreal

I found some 2oz Canada's for 42$ what do you think?

I think thats the lowest price per ounce I can find right now, anything else anyone see's?

I would just buy gold ETFs if you think metals will climb soon. I also put money into Bitcoin and Ethereum after they fell, and have made a good return already. I already owned plenty of silver, so there was no reason to buy any right now at these inflated premiums.

Though the 2 oz Canadians for $42 is almost tolerable. If you must buy Eagles, don't bother with APMEX. Silver.com and JM Bullion are cheaper. And SD Bullion.

3 hours ago, davehard24 said:

A quick question on the spreadsheet. How do you work out the premium on a product?

It's the margin over spot price, so I just divide the product price by spot, subtract 1, and convert the value to a percentage.

That's the straightforward formula for 1 oz products, since spot price is quoted per troy ounce. For products that aren't 1 oz I have to correct for size, either the product price or spot.

The formulas should be visible if you click on any premium cell. Check the formula bar on top. Let me know if they don't display.

2 hours ago, shylok86 said:

worth it to mention that these are bank wire prices , paypal/credit card have even more premium

Right, but not just bank wire. It's also the price for checks and eChecks. It would be crazy to use a credit card since it's typically a 4% upcharge. I generally pay by eCheck.

20 hours ago, shylok86 said:

here is a funny story for you

a while ago i wanted to buy a couple of 1 oz gold coins and i ended up buying from one of the big websites (not mentioning names as im not into slander here) i paid by wire because ye over 100$ discount per coin and when i got the package a few days after it included one coin only instead of 2 , when i contacted the website within 5 minutes of signing for the package they said that they checked the surveillance video (didnt provide it though) and it shows they put 2 coins in the box so they sent me to live with it .

if i paid by card then i would have just filed a chargeback and they would be the ones chasing ghosts - so this upcharge has its perks 

Fair point. I would have such a hard time with that claim because I'd feel like everyone would think I was lying, even the credit card people.

Was the package tampered with?

On 07/04/2020 at 23:44, Bimetallic said:

I would just buy gold ETFs if you think metals will climb soon. I also put money into Bitcoin and Ethereum after they fell, and have made a good return already. I already owned plenty of silver, so there was no reason to buy any right now at these inflated premiums.

Though the 2 oz Canadians for $42 is almost tolerable. If you must buy Eagles, don't bother with APMEX. Silver.com and JM Bullion are cheaper. And SD Bullion.

Why still buy gold on ETF's, historically silver has be 3x more than once where gold hasn't even come close to doing that. Are you day trading gold? I dont think I have enough $ to be doing that or, well better yet knowledge and experience in day trading.

Im thinking of vault silver buying of silver and just wait a couple months at least.

I haven't bought stocks in forever, back when Scottrade was a thing. Who do you use to trade with, Im thinking of just sticking with ONEGOLD/vault PM buying.

Whats the best graphs all the cool kids are using now, I just downloaded Kitco's and the adds are driving me nutz

3d9e282f325e90aab183ea6abc4afd58.gif

I don't day trade gold, not even sure how that would work. I just buy ETFs on TD Ameritrade. And I've also used OneGold.

Kitco has such an ugly website, and ugly graphs. They really need a modern design. Their smartphone app is decent though. The best apps are Yahoo Finance, Investing.com, and Trading View.

Archived