• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Warning fake PAMP veri scan gold bars

snake

Hi there

I would like to warn all of You. The new version of VERI SCAN PAMP fakes are here.

This fakes look really good. The certi pack is really good quality, i would say nearly as original. the serial numbers are different on both bars we have here.

-The QR code is not working with the VERI SCAN Application

-The serial number is ingraved in the middle of the bar

-The bar is much thicker than it should

Remember guys always CHECK IT, CHECK IT SECOND TIME, AND THEN CHECK IT AGAIN...!

Hope it helps anyone to save some cash and dont get scammed!

20200402_193703.jpg

20200402_193721.jpg

20200402_193842.jpg

20200402_193914.jpg

• Founder & Administrator

Thanks for posting to raise awareness.

Do you know how the QR codes work? What is stopping a genuine code of a real bar being printed in multiple fake bars? 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Well...simple answer is NOTHING!

I haven't found one that good yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if soon we will see one...

The only thing saving us all, as always is our best friend called "density".

The bar is much thicker than real gold,  but if you are buying blind,  have no access to the application / as far as I'm concerned you can get it only on IOS/ and have no bar to compare it to,  well it can be hard...  here you have a picture next to a genuine product...

20200402_235840.jpg

20200402_235946.jpg

WARNING! fake PAMP VERI SCAN Gold bar. THEY are getting better...

The quality of the package is near identical to the real thing.

The QR CODE is not working. it's a first clear give away

The serial number Is printed close to the middle of the bar / I found all my originals have it on the bottom/

The fake is much thicker, but the same size and weight.

I did attached few pictures,  so you can see for yourselves...

BE CAREFUL AND ALWAYS CHECK, CHECK, AND THEN CHECK AGAIN!

20200402_193703.jpg

20200402_193721.jpg

20200402_193914.jpg

20200402_193842.jpg

Added 0 minutes later...

And here next to the real bar

20200402_235840.jpg

20200402_235946.jpg

12 hours ago, snake said:

Hi there

I would like to warn all of You. The new version of VERI SCAN PAMP fakes are here.

This fakes look really good. The certi pack is really good quality, i would say nearly as original. the serial numbers are different on both bars we have here.

-The QR code is not working with the VERI SCAN Application

-The serial number is ingraved in the middle of the bar

-The bar is much thicker than it should

Remember guys always CHECK IT, CHECK IT SECOND TIME, AND THEN CHECK IT AGAIN...!

Hope it helps anyone to save some cash and dont get scammed!

Thanks for sharing. 

I've always wondered with these types of bars that come in packaging if the scammers aren't missing a trick. Surely lining the card itself to make the overall package heavier would be better than making the fake bar itself extra thick. After all, nobody opens them! Or maybe that is happening on higher end fakes, who knows, no sealed bars for me! 😢

12 hours ago, ChrisSilver said:

Thanks for posting to raise awareness.

Do you know how the QR codes work? What is stopping a genuine code of a real bar being printed in multiple fake bars? 

VeriScan also goes further than just checking the QR code. The app helps you take photos of each side of the bar using a clever SDK, which then matches the bar dimensions etc to validate if it's real. Pamp claim (although I have no way to validate) that the app is also matching specific unique characteristics of that exact bar to a photo taken at manufacture as well, kind of like a precious metal fingerprint... pretty cool! 

(I'd still get the scales and the calipers out mind... but it's a nice added security feature) 

1 hour ago, Melon said:

Thanks for sharing. 

I've always wondered with these types of bars that come in packaging if the scammers aren't missing a trick. Surely lining the card itself to make the overall package heavier would be better than making the fake bar itself extra thick. After all, nobody opens them! Or maybe that is happening on higher end fakes, who knows, no sealed bars for me! 😢

VeriScan also goes further than just checking the QR code. The app helps you take photos of each side of the bar using a clever SDK, which then matches the bar dimensions etc to validate if it's real. Pamp claim (although I have no way to validate) that the app is also matching specific unique characteristics of that exact bar to a photo taken at manufacture as well, kind of like a precious metal fingerprint... pretty cool! 

(I'd still get the scales and the calipers out mind... but it's a nice added security feature) 

It does I tested two real 100 gram bars you scan the reverse and then the front and if you flip bars it fails...

@snake many thanks for positing...

https://www.pamp.com/veriscan  here we can have information about VERI SCAN PAMP.

The security system works great. As far as i read on line the characteristics are of the whole batch not the single bar, so it leaves some space for rigging,

the reason of me posting it is to remind us to use all of the security features and skills we can, not just trust the package... and to show , that they are getting really good looking

3 minutes ago, Auricsstash said:

It does I tested two real 100 gram bars you scan the reverse and then the front and if you flip bars it fails...

@snake many thanks for positing...

the big bars i would say are more secure. the problem starts with small fractional stuff like shown in the pictures.

and we have to mention, that you have to pay for VERI SCAN service when you are using it a lot...

46 minutes ago, snake said:

the big bars i would say are more secure. the problem starts with small fractional stuff like shown in the pictures.

and we have to mention, that you have to pay for VERI SCAN service when you are using it a lot...

To be honest yeah I don’t see how it could do gram bars!

This way of packaging bars is one of the two reasons I never bought one. If it wasn't sold like this you could do a simple Specific Gravity test and see it's fake, straight away. I would never trust some paper, plastic or hologram to verify my gold is real. Assuming that reselling it is more difficult without the plastic around it. In any case I find it reassuring if you know how thick it should be and if you have a bit of gold or even just look at pictures before you buy it, you can still spot it as fake, straight away, without measurements. Of course there are bigger bars without it, but they are too big for me and they are easier to fake, specific density wise, with a heavier core, some lighter material as next layer and a gold layer on the outside, they might still pass the magnet test and the specific gravity test. This wouldn't work with small bars, as the ratio between volume and surface is different. If both tests say it's real, then it is. I also don't like the serial numbers. I'll just stick to coins, I guess.

@snake  Many thanks indeed for this.

It is amazing that the forgers did not get some of the details spot on, but gratifying at the same time!

All the best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

Archived