• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How much gold do the Germans have - have a guess!

silenceissilver

I have heard the figure from the CEO of Germany's biggest gold dealer. He didn't know how many Germans have gold but he stated a figure for the total gold. Not what the Bundesbank has got but the private possesion of it. Have a guess!

I will tell the figure after a few guesses or confirm it in case someone else knows it.

It would also be interesting to know how much gold the British have and the Americans but unfortunately, I don't know that. Unfortunately, It's certainly considerably less for the UK than for Germany, you can tell from the number of gold dealers in both countries.

33 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

Max Keiser believes the Germans gold is sitting in New York right now

Yeah I heard that, I also heard that Germany wanted its gold back but the US told them it could not be released in one go but in increments 🤔

And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

1 minute ago, Magritte said:

Yeah I heard that, I also heard that Germany wanted its gold back but the US told them it could not be released in one go but in increments 🤔

Any country that is prepared to give away its Gold to a foreign government or entity deserves the repercussions. The Bank of England has stolen Venezuela, Iraq and Libyas Gold. Last time I checked Maduro was nearly having a seizure of rage when the BoE told him to f#ck off.

6 minutes ago, Magritte said:

correct - they were told by US that it would take 7 years ? !!!!!

Despicable Me What GIF

Just now, Minimalist said:

Any country that is prepared to give away its Gold to a foreign government or entity deserves the repercussions. The Bank of England has stolen Venezuela, Iraq and Libyas Gold. Last time I checked Maduro was nearly having a seizure of rage when the BoE told him to f#ck off.

I remember reading something about this, apparently Deutchbank wanted to increase financial confidence but I remember something about Germany repatriating their gold early back in 2017.

But I agree any country lending its gold out on a physical iou is 🤪🤪

2 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

No wonder the French under Pompidou sent warships to New York to collect their Gold back from the Fed. @Magritte @5huggy

I’ve always been fascinated with how the US has never audited its gold reserves at Fort Knox 🤔 I suppose it’s not in a country’s interest to declare its stash to the world 😁

29 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

Any country that is prepared to give away its Gold to a foreign government or entity deserves the repercussions.

The officially given reason was it's safer in the US in case of a Soviet invasion of West Germany.

27 minutes ago, Magritte said:

I remember reading something about this, apparently Deutchbank wanted to increase financial confidence but I remember something about Germany repatriating their gold early back in 2017.

Most of the German gold is back by now I think, if not all if it. There was a guy who started an initiative "bring our gold back" or something along these lines, maybe about 10 years ago, asking why it's still not back 20 years after the end of the Cold War.

He is now in the Bundestag for the AfD and economically a supporter of the Austrian School of economics, so they do have people that know what a proper monetary system should look like.

3 minutes ago, Minimalist said:

Sounds like some sort of CFR propaganda to West Germany and they bought it. 

I agree officially given reasons cannot be trusted. That is because governments cannot be trusted. Everyone who does, has lost control over his life. So yes, it wouldn't suprise me at all if the real reason was another one.

If a Govt had 1oz of gold but had debt the equivalent of 2oz gold. Doesn’t that make the Govt/Country officially bankrupt? 

If an individual has 1oz of gold and no debt. Could that make them richer than a country?

Perhaps this is why the US won’t audit the FED. How much is all the USAs stated gold amount worth in Dollars??? 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

1 hour ago, MancunianStacker said:

If a Govt had 1oz of gold but had debt the equivalent of 2oz gold. Doesn’t that make the Govt/Country officially bankrupt? 

If an individual has 1oz of gold and no debt. Could that make them richer than a country?

Perhaps this is why the US won’t audit the FED. How much is all the USAs stated gold amount worth in Dollars??? 

"As of 31 July 2019, Fort Knox holds 147.34 million troy ounces (4,583 metric tons) of gold reserves with a market value of US $210.8 billion, representing 56.35% of the gold reserves of the United States. As of 2017, the U.S. gold reserves of 8,133.5 metric tons was nearly as much as the next three countries combined."

Well that is official source, probably they got much less than that. I heard rumors that china got about 22000 tons and russia about 10000 tons.

Wait how much was this current bail out in US ? 6,5 trillion ? and dept up to date 24 trillions ?

So US has 261 million troy oz of gold then 30 500 000 / 261 = 1600$/oz of gold logical isn't it ?

Ok I been unfair here lets do it other way:

US budget 4.829 trillions + 6,5 trillion bail out= 12,3 trillion /0,000261 = 1600$/oz, magical hand of free market.

Archived