• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Which approach might benefit most

theshinydemon

Hello to all and hope you might shed some light. In light of the current world economic's I have thought more about the money I've started to save for my son. I have plans to invest in both gold and silver. I see the prices for silver are good is it better at the moment to focus on ounces per pound with bars in mind or eagles / maples / britania's as apposed to collectors coins. 

I would buy bullion first...Britannias will probably be your cheapest option as Eagles, Maples and Libertads tend to have a higher premium attached to them.

The reason I say this is that if you decide gold and silver is not for you then you can easily sell them.

Bars tend to be more pricey than coins although you can find some bargains on the forum.

Next I would watch Numistackers videos on YouTube where you can learn more about collector coins.

A plan many follow is to build up a nice base of bullion and top it off with some collector coins.

@theshinydemon If it's pure investment, then I would primarily buy gold as there is no VAT to pay on gold and it doesn't "choke" during a crisis

Stack some silver, but you will pay VAT and it's more volatile than gold

If your interested in collecting nice coins, then buy the silver variant instead of the gold variant, and what money you save put it towards your gold investments

Companies like CIT are now starting to offer copper variant of collector coins also, so you could buy the copper version instead, and what ever money you save, put towards your gold / silver investment:

Archived