• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver spoons

Bimetallic

Hi all – Man, it's getting crazy out there. I just noticed that SD Bullion in the US is selling silver spoons now. They're selling a 500 net oz lot at $16.72 per ounce (they list spot as $14.73). Not terrible, but still higher than normal premiums for high volume 999 bullion, much less spoons.

They're also selling a "MintCertified" tubes of 2020 Silver Eagles for $520.48, or $26.024 per coin. Ouch. That's a 77% premium, and that's for a tube of 20. This "MintCertified" business is a trend with major dealers in the US. They basically take a normal mint tube, slap a sticker on it, and jack up the price. Here's how APMEX describes their version, called "MintDirect":

APMEX uses a special machine for this sealing process to ensure the products you receive are sealed completely, once they are removed directly from the mint boxes. The mint tubes are placed on the conveyor leading into the machine and the sealing process seals both ends of each tube with tamper-evident packaging. If this tube has been opened in any way, you will know it. After the process is completed, the tube is removed from the machine and then checked to ensure the quality of the packaging meets our exacting standards.

(APMEX is charging $31.73 per coin for their MintDirect tubes of 2020 ASE. That's a 115% premium...)

On 29/03/2020 at 17:24, Madstacks said:

I wouldn't pay a penny over spot for spoons unless a matching set without monograms and even then not a lot more.

I paid much more than spot... yet I wanted a specific design from a specific maker in perfect condition. ... 

my passion for PM actually came from flatware... 😂🤣😅

Archived