• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 7000+ forum members. 

Fivepoundfred

Low download speeds with Google Chrome

I can only get 60 mbps download speeds on Chrome which i prefer to use but when i switch to Explorer i get 200 mbps. I only have one extension on Chrome and keep it clean so i am baffled by the slow speed ?

My son also gets 200 mbps on his wireless laptop and he has Firefox.

Anyone experienced this or have any ideas ?

i may be intersted in buying RM gold proof commemorative five pound coins depending on year of issue in PCGS or NGC 70 grade. If you are thinking of selling please message me with year and price. 

Hi - No!

I run a highly specified Mac and find Chrome faster than any other browser.

I honestly don’t know what could be causing this.  

Best

Dicker

The internet in Europe and elsewhere is being ''throttled'' right now to prevent an overload due to the number of people who will be using it at the same time due to all the self isolation, and quarantine measures in place, streaming services such as Amazon, Netflix, Disney and Youtube have now reduced the quality of their streaming video content to save on bandwidth, and allow more people to use their services without interuption at he same time, it's the same with the online gaming sevices like Steam, Xbox Live and Playstation Plus.

Yes i am aware of the current demands on the system but i have had this issue for some time.i think that my slow download speed is a computer related problem.

i may be intersted in buying RM gold proof commemorative five pound coins depending on year of issue in PCGS or NGC 70 grade. If you are thinking of selling please message me with year and price. 

Suggest its misreporting in Chrome, browser has no affect on actual download speeds.  I would also disregard, unlikely to get anywhere near stated speeds from any source.  As a matter of interest i have just run a couple of tests, same between browsers, between two different test sites one reports 50% faster.