• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GSBE storage delivery

Solboss

Hi all

Over the last 2-3 months I've placed several orders with GS.be asking for them to be stored.

My most recent order approx 10 days ago I have ordered approx 40 coins on pre sale asking for that and all my stored orders to be delivered. Obviously I appreciate with the current situation I should expect delays and also I need to wait for the pre sale coins to come in stock.

My concern at the moment is will they actually have my previously ordered coins physically stored somewhere or will I now find that the coins I previously purchased were not stored and sold due to the shortage and now I will have to wait for them to get more stock. According to their site some coins will not be in stock until December....

Needless to say I have emailed them but I have recieved no response. Again I appreciate these are very busy times for them and I cant really fault them for that, especially as they have a message on ther site saying emails are not helpful.

I was wondering if anybody here had any further experience with GS.be and could shed any light?

I've got coins on store as well and have experienced the following -

Coins shown as available, ordered, paid for them and asked to be stored.
Added other orders with some coins waiting stock.
Checked website and all coins shown as available and in stock yet my order still showing as waiting for stock.
Coins now in store but the very first ones no longer available.

What I though should happen is that when you order and ask to store, your coins are immediately allocated to you.
What I think can happen is that your coins are sold to other buyers with GS.be expecting further deliveries to replace but gets let down by suppliers so just when you believe everything is ready to ship, some are missing that were previously available at the time of original order.

Ah, thats what I feared.

Based on that looks like potentially a very long wait.

Bit of a P*ss take really as some of them coins I ordered and paid for in Jan and now they're showing as out of stock until December. You'd have hoped they would have anticipated the shortage and put some aside for those that have already paid, probably asking a bit much considering they can even spare time to send an email update about the situation....

My experience is that you receive a mail saying that your order has been stored in safe (number 2 in my case). Order was handled as shipped I.e. items were removed from inventory.

did you not receive such a mail or have such a status line in your account summary?

Yes my previous orders are all shown "customer safe #2."

My latest order was presale coins so I expect they won't be in for soe time, they're currently showing as payment recieved.

I was just wondering if the coins shown "safe #2" were actually physically put aside for me when I ordered the.

I noted on some other threads that there were members that had contact with people over at European Mint, was interested to see if there was anybody with a similar relationship with GSBE that could shed any light.

Agree that would be interesting to know the process

you can see how their system works if, like I did recently, you order the last example of something they have in the store. When the order is placed the price is locked and the item is removed from the store (I assume ‘reserved’ in their stock Managment software) and clock starts on the deadline to receive payment. On payment the item is physically set aside I.e. delivered.

i have never preordered anything from them, but I assume it works in the same way.

It's been quite a while since I used GSBE anyway I always used there storage facility.  The problem I had was silver tarnished by the time I took delivery, eg I would buy upto the 6 months worth then take delivery I found sometimes the tubes of coins from my first buy had slightly tarnished.  So IMO GSBE put your order in the safe as you ordered , well they used to.  Hope this helps

6 hours ago, Solboss said:

Yes my previous orders are all shown "customer safe #2."

My latest order was presale coins so I expect they won't be in for soe time, they're currently showing as payment recieved.

I was just wondering if the coins shown "safe #2" were actually physically put aside for me when I ordered the.

I noted on some other threads that there were members that had contact with people over at European Mint, was interested to see if there was anybody with a similar relationship with GSBE that could shed any light.

This is what I used to get "safe #  ". 

Just a quick update for anybody that comes across this thread.

I didn't recieve an email reply from GSBE, but a couple of days ago I recieved shipping confirmation details for all my orders and today I have taken delivery of everything.

So it appears that individual orders are put a side when you place the order.

Needless to say I'm very happy and will have a little more faith next time!

• 3 months later...

I had some orders stored dating back to around March.
I requested shipping from GS.be on the 13th July possibly after close of their business.
They received my final payment for shipping charges through TransferWise on the 14th and this morning the 16th, before 10:00am, I received the UPS delivery.
Thats excellent service from both GS.be and UPS.

Archived