• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Who is following the 1oz silver prices on eBay.co.uk ?

Paul

As we all have time on our sides not being at work currently

I have been following the prices 1oz silver coins are making on eBay.co.uk and it makes for wierd times.

Dealers are closed & shelves are bare anyway.  Spot price is on its arse £12 give or take a few pence

Prices I am seeing looking back is no shortage of coins selling from £20 to £40 an oz, even common genric bullion, £20-£30oz

Prior to this crisis and a slightly higher spot price £16-£20 was you typical selling price for standard bullion, ie maple

Looking at my £ average cost per oz im now sub £19oz for a great many items.  good for me as at one time it was £33+oz

Is it wise to take some profits ? in this window, if i can make £10 on a 1oz maple or ASE

Clearing a few x100 oz over the next 2-3 weeks through ebay would keep me busy, get me some cash in? make some fiat profits

I feel when dealers reopen and shelves slowly fill again prices will decrease back down again to more normality.  how far in future will this be ??

Or best to still just hold and keep,HODL.   things will be certain to go higher with no production being made at these prices

Is it certain we are due a moon stock upwards before long as this corona virus pans out ?

Anyones thoughts while we are board stuck at home

(ps im not doing anything thus far) just making a point for discussion

The virus will abate eventually. You do make a good point about locking in profits by selling into a rise right now. If you want to lock in a profit, why not ? If you keep your core stack, it is fine, I’d say. It is a small fear or greed scenario. Some buying out of fear and some selling out of greed.

Nothing wrong with making some moolah if you are happy to. The virus will end at some point...jobs will be lost...price has come down as big paper holders are forced to liquidate to get liquidity....i.e. cash to settle losses or margin calls. It could be seen to be a bit of a disconnect between paper and the physical but I am not buying that story yet. The virus will end and supply of silver will resume. In fact, I am buying 60% small silver coins where I am quite easily for spot plus shipping....

I've not been watching eBay prices of late but was surprised at the pricing of basic silver bullion - ASEs and Maples in the USA.
Check APMEX for example.
Instead of selling a dollar or two over spot they have a significant premium.
Is this market demand forcing speculative pricing upwards perhaps ?
Why not ?

I've been looking at the physical silver prices.  I personally would need to be looking at clearing a 60-1 ratio with gold before i moved into the market.  I know others need a 50-1. 

4 minutes ago, Pipers said:

I've been looking at the physical silver prices.  I personally would need to be looking at clearing a 60-1 ratio with gold before i moved into the market.  I know others need a 50-1. 

Gold spot is £1,350 GBP currently 

Divided by eBay sale of 1oz @ £20 = 1 : 67.5

1oz physical @ £25 = 1 : 54

1oz physical @ £30 = 1 : 45

Hmmmm makes you think when physical price you get is totally different to the paper price 

I think you will see gold hit 1800 in April. Big question for silver would be will it follow in such a scenario and place a tighter squeeze on the short term physical from dealers  ? As with everything, timing is everything. Nobody gets it right all the time. Just make a plan in your head and stick to it. Greed and fear are the enemies of a well thought out plan. Big question is if you did sell, what would you do with the proceeds ? 

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Gold spot is £1,350 GBP currently 

Divided by eBay sale of 1oz @ £20 = 1 : 67.5

1oz physical @ £25 = 1 : 54

1oz physical @ £30 = 1 : 45

Hmmmm makes you think when physical price you get is totally different to the paper price 

yeah, though i put gold at £1400Toz to buy.  I am going to think about it, i may post on here to see.  I haven't sold on ebay for years because of problems with buyers saying they got a fake etc when i bought the coins from a dealer and i tested the coins with a electonic tester.

Dont forget fees...that knocks 10% off everything plus the risk of getting ripped off by the buyer...video tape packaging and sending etc etc...or sell here at a 10% discount to ebay and see if it sells first ?

6 hours ago, Paul said:

As we all have time on our sides not being at work currently

I have been following the prices 1oz silver coins are making on eBay.co.uk and it makes for wierd times.

Dealers are closed & shelves are bare anyway.  Spot price is on its arse £12 give or take a few pence

Prices I am seeing looking back is no shortage of coins selling from £20 to £40 an oz, even common genric bullion, £20-£30oz

Prior to this crisis and a slightly higher spot price £16-£20 was you typical selling price for standard bullion, ie maple

Looking at my £ average cost per oz im now sub £19oz for a great many items.  good for me as at one time it was £33+oz

Is it wise to take some profits ? in this window, if i can make £10 on a 1oz maple or ASE

Clearing a few x100 oz over the next 2-3 weeks through ebay would keep me busy, get me some cash in? make some fiat profits

I feel when dealers reopen and shelves slowly fill again prices will decrease back down again to more normality.  how far in future will this be ??

Or best to still just hold and keep,HODL.   things will be certain to go higher with no production being made at these prices

Is it certain we are due a moon stock upwards before long as this corona virus pans out ?

Anyones thoughts while we are board stuck at home

(ps im not doing anything thus far) just making a point for discussion

Where are you seeing these prices on eBay, or how do you check what the going rate for a 1 ounce silver coin is on eBay I should ask, I'm not doubting your figures, I just don't really know how to use ebay for anything else other than to buy stuff off of, and to be honest I only buy a few things off of eBay from the sames few sellers, so I don't exactly spend much time looking at all the ins and outs of what can be done with and on eBay?  I just preformed my first eBay search for something I'd never bought off of eBay before, or anywhere else, 4 days ago - on Sunday, so I'm kind of clueless when it comes to eBay.

16 minutes ago, Seth said:

Where are you seeing these prices on eBay, or how do you check what the going rate for a 1 ounce silver coin is on eBay I should ask, I'm not doubting your figures, I just don't really know how to use ebay for anything else other than to buy stuff off of, and to be honest I only buy a few things off of eBay from the sames few sellers, so I don't exactly spend much time looking at all the ins and outs of what can be done with and on eBay?  I just preformed my first eBay search for something I'd never bought off of eBay before, or anywhere else, 4 days ago - on Sunday, so I'm kind of clueless when it comes to eBay.

Search by most popular 1oz coin. Then look at the sold items under that search. Found plenty of sales at £30 per oz + yesterday 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

I just came accross this gem on eBay UNCIRCULATED! 1Oz Silver Britannia 2012 Coin One Ounce of Fine Silver .999 Pure , the only issue I see is that as far as I'm aware there was no 10 ounce silver Britannia released in 2012, but for £41 including the postage from a seller with a 100% feedback rating, who am I to doubt him?  Then there is always this gem, 2019 1oz Silver Britannia 1 ounce Silver Bullion Coin unc: in COIN CAPSULE!, it's a bargin at only £100.00 for a 1 ounce 2019 silver Briannia, and it comes with a coin capsule not to mention the price includes shipping, though the seller only has a 98.9% feedback so I'm not sure wheter I'd go for it myself personally, I think the 10 ounce 2012 silver Britannia looks to be a better deal at £41.00, though the seller doesn't menion if i comes wih a coin capsule, but they do have a 100% feedback rating.

If I could sell off all my silver for £50.00 an ounce, I could honestly spend half of it on gold, put 25% of it away for my daughter and use the last 25% and various other income streams and retire tomorrow comfortably, well after the funds cleared in my account.  Some of the prices I've just seen are an absolute joke and wishful thinking, as for the descriptions and listing titles, I've heard more honesty out of the lips of police officers and politicians.

7 hours ago, Oldun said:

Oh, I am so tempted.....that and the fact that 2012 britannias were Britannia silver .9584 and not .999...🤣

That one is just too hard not to pull the trigger on, I now curse @MancunianStacker for showing me how to use eBay to check out the prices of silver on eBay, I'm really really struggling to not pull the trigger and buy that 10 ounce 999 fine silver 2012 Britannia.

7 hours ago, Oldun said:

Oh, I am so tempted.....that and the fact that 2012 britannias were Britannia silver .9584 and not .999...🤣

Are you going to buy it or should I buy it, £41 for 10 ounces seems a steal, I wonder what my 1 ounce 1997 proof silver Britannia in it's green leatherette box complete with C.O.A. would fetch on eBay, £10,000, £20,000, maybe £50,000?  What do you think I should list it for?

20 minutes ago, Seth said:

gem on eBay UNCIRCULATED! 1Oz Silver Britannia 2012 Coin One Ounce of Fine Silver .999 Pure , the only issue I see is that as far as I'm aware there was no 10 ounce silver Britannia released in 2012,

It’s one ounce...it says 1 Oz...just that the “1” and the “O” are together and it visually looks like 10 in the ebay title. But definitely to your point...I would not pay that much for a standard design silver bullion Brit.

7 minutes ago, CadmiumGreen said:

It’s one ounce...it says 1 Oz...just that the “1” and the “O” are together and it visually looks like 10 in the ebay title. But definitely to your point...I would not pay that much for a standard design silver bullion Brit.

Okay so that can put down as an honest mistake, but what about describing it as 999 silver when it is 958/Britannia silver, i wasn't unil 2013 hat silver Britannias where made with 999 fine silver, how do you explain hat ''honest mistake''.

18 minutes ago, Seth said:

That one is just too hard not to pull the rigger on, I now curse @MancunianStacker for showing me how to use eBay to check out the prices of silver on eBay, I'm really really struggling to not pull the rigger and buy that 10 ounce 999 fine silver 2012 Britannia.

😂 sorry mate 😉 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

1 minute ago, Seth said:

Okay so that can put down as an honest mistake, but what about describing it as 999 silver when it is 958/Britannia silver, i wasn't unil 2013 hat silver Britannias where made with 999 fine silver, how do you explain hat ''honest mistake''.

No worries on your minor oversight...I do it all the time and have to relook several times. Regarding 999 vice 958 sterling...ignorance. Hence the problem one can face with eBay. It is Wild West half the time and I have gotten to the point of mostly avoiding them altogether. Bottom line...do your homework. Quadruple check. Peer review with fellow colleagues on The Silver Forum...All things you are doing now. 

I would be tempted to sell some silver that was in the black if it

wasn't for not being able to guarantee delivery. imo the current

going rate looks overpriced, but if buyers are still willing to buy

after knowing this, then nobody is being mislead.

best guess is silver should make it's post 2011 lows within

a few years. so there is likely an opportunity to pick up

physical at lower all in prices once the flow to dealers comes

back. with industry and oil how it is, it's too early to say whether

the recent lows will hold or not.

HH

Think we're heading for a deflation and later for an inflation. Pretty sure premiums will come down and in the next coming months we can buy silver for £15 and lower. I could sell my 600 ounces of silver right now making a decent profit on ebay. But as I am still working, no time for that. So I just keep stacking and the lower the prices go the more I buy. Before an oz hits $100 I need to be sitting on 1k ounces :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-Tube-25-X-1oz-Silver-Maple-Leaf-2013-Bullion-Sliver-Coins-Uncirculated/362952039853?hash=item5481a09dad:g:YUoAAOSwAMxed8px

Not been paying attention at all. £500 Tube of 1 oz Silver Maple. Bidding ends £750 (£30 oz) I would tempted to sell all my Silver and wait for inventory come back and buy Gold.

image.png.6254b2128b8b27cf5dc5ab27e4f06238.png

Archived