• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Crisis - who will it benefit?

There's likely to be "winners" in any crisis because crisis is opportunity 

Who will it be? what will it be on?

I don't know what's going to happen to a lot of industries, how long can tourist type companies and airlines stay afloat without travel? will larger companies be able to buy them and their assets up cheap and wait it out? or will they be bailed out by governments 

How long can restaurants/bars/cinemas stay in business without customers, If they do go bust, will landlords have anyone to rent to? will they be forced to sell too? will there be property opportunities 

I know absolutely zero about stocks or the stock market, I've seen reports things are tanking but some stuff is going to go back up eventually so I assume if you know what you're doing and have the spare cash there's big money to be made in the long run?

Where do you think gold and silver will be 2021? Bitcoin? other cryptos?

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

I’m hoping agriculture will be a winner, down here we may not be able to get to the supermarkets but we will all have meat, milk and eggs on tap.

the biggest problem is farming has had such a basing from the greens, vegans and climate change activists that many are getting into wild bird feed, trees and wildlife.    It was only a few weeks ago that an influential government adviser said that we you get rid of agriculture and import all our food.      Time will tell which way it goes.      

1 hour ago, Kman said:

Who will it be?

Nature.
Mankind just received a big slap from mother nature, we are fooling ourselves if we believe that we can tame her.

1 hour ago, Cornishfarmer said:

I’m hoping agriculture will be a winner, down here we may not be able to get to the supermarkets but we will all have meat, milk and eggs on tap.

the biggest problem is farming has had such a basing from the greens, vegans and climate change activists that many are getting into wild bird feed, trees and wildlife.    It was only a few weeks ago that an influential government adviser said that we you get rid of agriculture and import all our food.      Time will tell which way it goes.      

We should be investing more in fishing, farming and farmers, in crisis like this with lockdowns we should be buying more british grown goods, unfortuantly we import too much shite into our country.

I think that'll depend on how long this goes on. Currently the supermarkets are having a good time as are I suspect online retailers. Courier companies it seems likely will have a good time as more people order stuff from home instead of going out. Manufacturing should do well especially medical manufacturing. If it gets worse though and full shut down commense...  I dunno. Eventually this is going to catch up to most sectors I suspect.

I can tell you who the first losers are. I spent most of my life working in the restaurant sector working up from the pot wash to managing multiple restaurants. Right now my social media feeds are full of people I've met and befriended through the years who are all being laid off one by one. There are millions of people working in that industry in this country. Millions who won't be able to pay their rent, mortgage or feed their families. Its already very dire for some.

I hope medium business, manufacturing. The crisis has highlighted risks in long supply chains, dependencies on essentially a single supplier.  With a backdrop of doing things more locally, and perhaps a reflection that cheap and plentiful is not the ideal, we might repatriate some manufacturing, at least as additional production. 

I realise this is hopelessly romantic idea, because from stock market pumper to high street consumer we want moar all the time. But i can hope. 

Im in the process of purchasing a BTL property and thinking off pulling out to see what other deals are around afterwards or at least sit on the cash and see what happens. Very hard to know what to do at the moment - this could blow over in a few months or have huge repercussions for years to come.

1 hour ago, wolfiemac said:

should be investing more in fishing, farming and farmers, in crisis like this with lockdowns we should be buying more british grown goods, unfortuantly we import too much shite into our country

Totally agree.You have to wonder how these people get their jobs.

IMG_1881[1].JPG

25 minutes ago, Xander said:

Totally agree.You have to wonder how these people get their jobs.

IMG_1881[1].JPG

This is massively serious. 

We have entered the Grand Solar Minimum - food production is declining - there will not be enough food to go round - you won't be able to import large amounts of food. The government of course claims there is global warming - but one must assume even this disinformation if it were to have been true would impact food production. So the last thing the UK should be doing is stopping food production - it should be ramping it up to the sky. Children in school should have mandatory lessons on growing food - not what i imagine is the mind rotting propaganda there are feed. 

This is so serious it leaves me a bit speechless - but there again it is as i would expect so i shouldn't be. It is genocidal - and this is exactly what i would expect.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

6 hours ago, sixgun said:

This is massively serious. 

We have entered the Grand Solar Minimum - food production is declining - there will not be enough food to go round - you won't be able to import large amounts of food. The government of course claims there is global warming - but one must assume even this disinformation if it were to have been true would impact food production. So the last thing the UK should be doing is stopping food production - it should be ramping it up to the sky. Children in school should have mandatory lessons on growing food - not what i imagine is the mind rotting propaganda there are feed. 

This is so serious it leaves me a bit speechless - but there again it is as i would expect so i shouldn't be. It is genocidal - and this is exactly what i would expect.

With leaving europe this Is the future, the way farmers being paid is changing. They are aiming to encourage flood prevention/wildlife diversity rather than food production (in England anyway).      Tree planting has gone up the list as well. The government are trying to get to net zero and livestock production adds a lot of methane (which converts to high carbon dioxide) so they think if they can get rid of livestock and import food will help them reach their target 

19 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

With leaving europe this Is the future, the way farmers being paid is changing. They are aiming to encourage flood prevention/wildlife diversity rather than food production (in England anyway).      Tree planting has gone up the list as well. The government are trying to get to net zero and livestock production adds a lot of methane (which converts to high carbon dioxide) so they think if they can get rid of livestock and import food will help them reach their target 

I watched something that showed fertilizer is far more than livestock and completely overlooked in all the models of agriculture emissions (probably as they are pitched by the vegan lobby).  Growing more crop isnt going to solve that.  

57 minutes ago, Martlet said:

I watched something that showed fertilizer is far more than livestock and completely overlooked in all the models of agriculture emissions (probably as they are pitched by the vegan lobby).  Growing more crop isnt going to solve that.  

That’s a hard one, if you see the carbon footprint of milk produced in Africa it’s a LOT higher per litre than in the U.K. because each cow produces more.      Same with fert if you can produce more crop with less land and less water should more than off set the ammonia   

1 minute ago, bluemoon said:

It's a good question but a practical approach is to ask how can we benefit? That might sound cold but the crisis is here regardless, it's up to us to make the most of it as if any other time.

Good answer and we may all benefit as we may all learn something from this

Please Find me on Instagram  HERE            

1 hour ago, bluemoon said:

It's a good question but a practical approach is to ask how can we benefit? That might sound cold but the crisis is here regardless, it's up to us to make the most of it as if any other time.

Well that may have been my intention when posting 😛 but I phrased it the way I did as to not sound cold lol

I might have to start learning about stocks because surely some are low atm that are inevitability going to bounce back? even if it takes years 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Cash is king in a recession. You can definitely pick up some bargains. Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway fund reputedly has $130 billion of cash ready to deploy. When he thinks its time, he'll be buying up value stocks at bargain basement prices.

Archived