• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Thinking of increasing stack from 2oz to 1002oz... what are the chances I'd actually receive it?

NonDominandi

Hello,

I'm quite new to silver. Bought a couple of coins last year and thought, "nice". Now I'm wishing I had of bought more when i had the chance. Just had a look on the European mint and they appear to be sold out for the next 2-3 weeks, with another 3-15 days for delivery after that.

What I'm wondering is... if i ordered now do you suspect the package would actually show up or do you reckon by that time the world will have gone mad with coronavirus and things posted from other countries will be quarantined or waylaid in some manner? Is anyone else ordering from the European mint at this time? If not, why not? 

Just curious what others thoughts on the matter are, from any prespective at all. Anything that comes to mind?

Thanks.

Best asking if anyone on the forum wants to sell you 1,000oz or maybe a 1kg bar. If they have good sales feedback previously they should be trustworthy to send money to first! They will probably be able to post it to you tomorrow too!

Wish I could help you out myself. @arshimo2012??

https://thesilverforum.com/forum/13-uk-europe/

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

Well i would not be buying from Europe at the moment , items are mostly pre sale with 3 to 4 weeks delivery , and after receiving an email today regarding my flight to Europe in April they said  Please do not try to change to another date in April. for me the risk would be to great of not receiving the coins .

2 hours ago, MancunianStacker said:

Best asking if anyone on the forum wants to sell you 1,000oz or maybe a 1kg bar. If they have good sales feedback previously they should be trustworthy to send money to first! They will probably be able to post it to you tomorrow too!

Wish I could help you out myself. @arshimo2012??

https://thesilverforum.com/forum/13-uk-europe/

Currently I don’t have any silver as the premiums are too high to buy.

I don't think a private person will sell you 1000oz now unless they are forced to sell. If you order now, you have the claim. It will probably become worse the next weeks but then dissolve into thin air. Saying that, the German big pharma, sorry health minister said it could take up to 2 years. (Which shows the control over people is the actual point of this whole manufactured panic). If it really takes 2 years we will be in the Soviet Union 2.0 in 2 years anyway including the death penalty for owning PMs. I would play safe and buy gold from the UK instead, if that's still possible but I'm not sure what I would do now as I've loaded up silver a year ago

Id like to add a quick note here, regardless of the covid-19 outbreak and personal travel bans that will be coming into force, haulage will still run as normal as it can as all the worlds governments understand that no country is completely self sustaining and the need to keep products moving at this time is paramount to keeping the country from grinding to a stop.

Buying your metal in europe should get to you with out issue, there may just be a delay due to certain products taking priority. The military is currently preparing service personnel to take on vital roles such as haulage, fire fighting, police and been drivers for paramedics as people from these industries get ill or forced into isolation. 

This goes the same for the USA, we cant personally fly to the US right now but all haulage naval and flight to and from the USA is carrying on as normal.

On 17/03/2020 at 08:58, NonDominandi said:

things posted from other countries will be quarantined or waylaid in some manner?

This should also not become the case, as most viruses cant survive outside of an host for more than a few hours at most, therefore cargo in a trailer or container should be safe. 

Archived