• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

When to buy back in

I think markets are panicked and not representing  fundamentals.
This hysteria has driven prices way down so hopefully they will bounce back up in the short to near term.
I am buying funds in chunks daily to take advantage of the 20% devaluation.
Even if prices fall further they should recover so nice gains to be made to those brave enough.
That's my personal opinion but does anyone know any different.
Why has gold and silver just fallen recently if everyone is predicting further downside in the stock markets ?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sixgun said:

Gold is falling but we see this at Atkinsons

image.thumb.png.c5c2847639072f486d3edc41360b7ea1.png

Atkinsons, Bullion by Post, UKBullion all have similar "high demand/expect delays" banner on their web pages. 

3 hours ago, Pete said:

I think markets are panicked and not representing  fundamentals.
This hysteria has driven prices way down so hopefully they will bounce back up in the short to near term.
I am buying funds in chunks daily to take advantage of the 20% devaluation.
Even if prices fall further they should recover so nice gains to be made to those brave enough.
That's my personal opinion but does anyone know any different.
Why has gold and silver just fallen recently if everyone is predicting further downside in the stock markets ?

Agree. I'm still putting my monthly £ in funds in my S&S isa, but have added more £ on top in the past few days and will be slowly feeding money in as the prices continue to fall. 

Just hope the markets are still cheap when the new isa allowance comes in in April!

17 hours ago, sixgun said:

What has your chart got to do with my analysis?

17 hours ago, HawkHybrid said:

what does that have to do with my chart analysis?

(I'm telling what the charts might be saying and

you're doing situational analysis. it's apples and

oranges)

HH

Don't you 2 have your own thread to bitch at each other on?

On 12/03/2020 at 15:11, GoldElliott said:

Aint that the truth...

I sank a couple of grand into shares yesterday and in hindsight should have waited. Thought we had bottomed out... Oh well, what goes down must come up I guess🙃

Hindsight is a wonderful thing don't fret things nearly always turn around. 

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

1 minute ago, motorbikez said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing don't fret things nearly always turn around. 

I'm not worried. These shares are for my retirement or years in the future. The way I see it is I bought them at a 90% discount instead of 95% when I come to sell ;)

On 12/03/2020 at 15:11, GoldElliott said:

Aint that the truth...

I sank a couple of grand into shares yesterday and in hindsight should have waited. Thought we had bottomed out... Oh well, what goes down must come up I guess🙃

The stockmarket is fully controlled by the government - you will be praying on government bailout money to find a bottom.

Just now, GoldElliott said:

All the time QE exists, isn't every financial decision (related to fiat) out of our hands?

QE has been pumped in since late last year - $5trillion will be flooded over the next few months. Stock markets wont have the ability to payout pensions - public and private - so yes, financial decisions are out of our hands - its decide by the central bankers.

1 minute ago, Minimalist said:

QE has been pumped in since late last year - $5trillion will be flooded over the next few months. Stock markets wont have the ability to payout pensions - public and private - so yes, financial decisions are out of our hands - its decide by the central bankers.

in that case I shall begin stockpiling seeds and livestock and hope for the best :)

1 minute ago, GoldElliott said:

in that case I shall begin stockpiling seeds and livestock and hope for the best :)

Thats what Michael Burry (known for the The Big Short) is planning doing. He is investing into land with water. Oh, and he took a massive short position on all indexes. It just seems to be that ones like Burry are right and the central banks are wrong. But hey, dont believe me, the central bankers with suits saying that gold, land and property arent the best investment must be true..... Because after all - Central banks are actually building up with gold! 

4 minutes ago, GoldElliott said:

The moment I can I am investing in property. That's the best asset in this world... worse comes to worst you have always got somewhere to live.

Property prices are high - i would sit on your hands a while - in the 2008 stock market bear market, property prices fell.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

1 minute ago, sixgun said:

Property prices are high - i would sit on your hands a while - in the 2008 stock market bear market, property prices fell.

I will wait a while although not through choice 😂 private renting is a bigger waste of money than buying a slightly overpriced house imo

1 hour ago, sixgun said:

Just had the busiest week in a year and a half (as a mortgage adviser). That interest rate drop just kicked that particular can way down the road!! I don’t see the prices decreasing for some time (London exempt).

£100k 2 bed terraced or flat in Manchester  area/s earns a minimum £6k per annum in rent (minus costs), it’s not hard to do it yourself and probably less stressful too. Letting agents are notoriously shocking!

Got £25k and get yourself a £100k house with rates fixed for 5 years at around 2%. That’s £4,500 per annum returned on £25,000 after the mortgage is paid on the other £75,000. Deposit returned to you in around 5 years. Not bad!!!

Post Brexit demand for rental property hasn’t dropped in my area at least and now with cheap money.  👍🏻 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

22 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

Just had the busiest week in a year and a half (as a mortgage adviser). That interest rate drop just kicked that particular can way down the road!! I don’t see the prices decreasing for some time (London exempt).

£100k 2 bed terraced or flat in Manchester  area/s earns a minimum £6k per annum in rent (minus costs), it’s not hard to do it yourself and probably less stressful too. Letting agents are notoriously shocking!

Got £25k and get yourself a £100k house with rates fixed for 5 years at around 2%. That’s £4,500 per annum returned on £25,000 after the mortgage is paid on the other £75,000. Deposit returned to you in around 5 years. Not bad!!!

Post Brexit demand for rental property hasn’t dropped in my area at least and now with cheap money.  👍🏻 

round where I live £100k won't even buy you a parking spot unfortunately. Looking at a minimum of £750k for a 2 bed

3 minutes ago, GoldElliott said:

round where I live £100k won't even buy you a parking spot unfortunately. Looking at a minimum of £750k for a 2 bed

I also saw the double garage in London for £750k. We get a lot of investors from abroad and down south too. You can employ an agent and buy elsewhere for even better yields. 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

11 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

I also saw the double garage in London for £750k. We get a lot of investors from abroad and down south too. You can employ an agent and buy elsewhere for even better yields. 

I thought about that- particularly in a student town buying a very cheap house/apartment, installing the cheapest appliances and renting to students- charge large deposit and 3-6 months rent upfront (as is common for students) and they have their parents as guarantors. Worst case they trash it and you have deposit to fall back on. The problem is I know and live in London and wouldn't know where to start elsewhere in the country let alone up north or something. Never been north of Tottenham

2 minutes and 9 seconds into Video below the following chart Dow price adjusted over the same chart during the 1928 to 1932. What happening make no mistake is the largest financial event of our lifetime is upon us. I am waiting for the dust to settle and for the Vix return to normal volatility and a strong technical base form before I go back in stocks and that could be years away.

image.thumb.png.58a13e45f1c9425a0c291969cfe26eee.png

On 13/03/2020 at 21:57, MancunianStacker said:

Watching the TV series about bailiffs and sheriffs evicting people who don't pay their rent for up to 2 years or sublet and wreck properties I would be concerned about buying to let.

Archived