• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

When to buy back in

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Things always go up further than you think possible and down further - DOW 15 000 was fair price - then there will be overshoot and then there is the coronavirus psyop economic take down and then there will be the destruction of shale oil - so DOW 10 000 might be fair price - start looking then - but i would buy physical gold and sleep at night.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

quick 90 point rally in s&p says this shorter term drop

is probably/close to over. (but then again I said that

about the last quick rally). the waves we are dealing

with seem to get bigger as the drops/rallies get

bigger.

if this is similar to the early 2018 drop then a drop to

a lower level might be expected sometime later this

year.

for investment maybe go in some now and wait with

the rest. cautiously one step at a time is the way to go.

HH

1 minute ago, motorbikez said:

@Pipers Lol if anyone really knew that we'd all be millionaires Rodders.

That why you should buy gold, turn off the telly and have a glass of wine. These crashes (i was ticked off for calling it a crash - so i will call it a blood bath now) last for a longer time than you think they will - this will go on for months. Get you cash out and into physical.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

1 minute ago, HawkHybrid said:

quick 90 point rally in s&p says this shorter term drop is probably/close to over. (but then again I said that about the last quick rally). the waves we are dealing with seem to get bigger as the drops/rallies get bigger.

if this is similar to the early 2018 drop then a drop to a lower level might be expected sometime later this year.

for investment maybe go in some now and wait with the rest. cautiously one step at a time is the way to go. 

HH

This is nothing like 2008 - this is an attempt at the New World Order lock down. The coronavirus is real - i accept that but it is another seasonal flu outbreak which has become a massive psyop scare story for the people - example Ireland shuts down all schools, universities and childcare as one old woman with a bad chest dies in hospital. 

5 minutes ago, sixgun said:

This is nothing like 2008 - this is an attempt at the New World Order lock down. The coronavirus is real - i accept that but it is another seasonal flu outbreak which has become a massive psyop scare story for the people - example Ireland shuts down all schools, universities and childcare as one old woman with a bad chest dies in hospital. 

early 2018 drop followed by a late 2018 drop.

(this drop shares chart similarities with the price

action in early 2018)

HH

14 minutes ago, motorbikez said:

@Pipers Lol if anyone really knew that we'd all be millionaires Rodders.

Aint that the truth...

I sank a couple of grand into shares yesterday and in hindsight should have waited. Thought we had bottomed out... Oh well, what goes down must come up I guess🙃

I am in the same boat, got cash sitting in my HSBC account which George Gammon keeps telling me isn't safe.

Already stuck some in premium bonds but I fancy a bit of FTSE tracker fund action, but when. 🤔

12 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

early 2018 drop followed by a late 2018 drop. (this drop shares chart similarities with the price action in early 2018)

HH

That's right the drop shares similarities - price dropped. 

this should be a good time to revise strategies.

it looks increasingly like we're approaching the

end of this bull market. what's left could be a

highly volatile blow off top.

investments probably should favour defensive

assets(or stocks with a defensive element)

HH

27 minutes ago, GoldElliott said:

Aint that the truth...

I sank a couple of grand into shares yesterday and in hindsight should have waited. Thought we had bottomed out... Oh well, what goes down must come up I guess🙃

Ouch!  That's gonna sting a little. :blink:

21 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

not the fact that it dropped, the way that it  dropped. you do chart analysis so should understand these things.

HH

i also do analysis of the situation around such moves. This is not 2008. 

8 minutes ago, sixgun said:

i also do analysis of the situation around such moves. This is not 2008. 

I said 2018 - twenty eighteen

you are the one who brought up 2008.

I never said 2008. not in the initial post,

not in later posts. (I only quoted you saying

2008)

HH

https://www.msn.com/en-us/finance/markets/germany-ready-to-ditch-balanced-budget-to-combat-coronavirus/ar-BB115JAq

Germany Ready to Ditch Balanced Budget to Combat Coronavirus

The EU is crumbling - the western financial system is on the ropes - but it's all to do with coronavirus. Yeah yeah right.

Gold is falling but we see this at Atkinsons

image.thumb.png.c5c2847639072f486d3edc41360b7ea1.png

14 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

I said 2018 - twenty eighteen you are the one who brought up 2008.

I never said 2008. not in the initial post, not in later posts. (I only quoted you saying 2008)

HH

This is like 2018? Well my point would be the same and with double the voracity. This is nothing like 2018.

Dow Jones 12.000 level is when I look to buy some shares (HSBC, Aviva, BP, RDS, Allianz, Gazprom, Vodafone, National Grid, SSE etc.), unless the ones I want have dropped disproportionately further down then I might buy sooner. Still need to judge/ evaluate which ones are "too big to fail" and might get saved by whoever, which could be the government or the taxpayers :)

8 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

if your charting analysis doesn't show similarities then it's each to their own techniques.

HH

As i said HH i am looking at the situation not the chart. Neither 2008 and certainly not 2018 are the same as now but to each his own.

4 minutes ago, sixgun said:

As i said HH i am looking at the situation not the chart. Neither 2008 and certainly not 2018 are the same as now but to each his own.

what does that have to do with my chart analysis?

(I'm telling what the charts might be saying and

you're doing situational analysis. it's apples and

oranges)

HH

2 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

what does that have to do with my chart analysis?

HH

What has your chart got to do with my analysis?

2 hours ago, Pipers said:

Simple question when to buy back in?

I have seen so many people advise best strategy is pound/dollar cost average into your investments over long time frame regardless of what that investment is (stocks/PMs) and I been opposed to this form investing because at the root of it a simple piece of advice to investing is to buy low and sell high. The best advice is understand the subject about technical analysis and use the KISS approach keep it simple stupid.

To demonstrate free charts available https://in.tradingview.com and the chart below Indian stock market Nifty50 weekly chart back 2012. I switch entire position from stocks to bonds on the 14th January 2020 not because I was clever or I had insider knowledge about the Corona virus but the final move higher had exhausted itself and failed to reach target price. I was looking at how price would react and form on the chart rectangle boxes were highlighted on the charts months ago and if the right patterns and shape formed I would have switched back to stocks but at that time when price reached these levels the news of the corona virus was more prevalent and it was best stay away from stocks. The Indian stock market once it breaks the channel started in December 2011 it is in a bear market that could last for years.

To re-enter the market looking for a cup and handle pattern and if you study the historical charts of Gold/ FTSE 100 or Nifty50 they all developed and cup and handle pattern that signified the end of the bear market. A cup and handle formation can take years to develop in a bear market. A lot of wealth has been wiped out in a very short time frame and a lot of fear is in the markets it will take years to form a base before we can start the next bull market. Don't expect a V shape recovery.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/c/cupandhandle.asp

image.thumb.png.105473f4289d5eef09f90c05d55a06d1.png

Daily Chart

image.thumb.png.b11d94e739a6c3eb4d72299442bd5b77.png

Archived