• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Some sovereigns

Peteb

Hi all,  first post - be nice lol!

Not sure I'm even posting this in the correct forum - (admin, please move or delete as necessary) 

A local auction house is selling some gold coins and jewellery off, proceeds of crime.......

https://www.johnpyeauctions.co.uk/lot_list.asp?saleid=8216&siteid=1&h=0&pageno=2

As i'm a newbie here I've no idea if they are a good deal.  I do know the auction house charges 22% commission.  btw - i have no connection with the auction house, i'm just signed up their new letter and thought I'd let you all know.

Cheers

Pete

Typical opening prices for them.  They won't sell for those.  The more modern ones will probably fetch £230-235 based on today's spot price and the older ones will go for more than that depending on their rarity.

It might just be me being blind, but I can't find their address mentioned anywhere on their website.  The number suggests they're somewhere in the Nottingham area.  Too far for me but I guess google will pull up their address if you want it.  Note that any online purchases have to be collected in person unless you arrange and pay for your own courier.

There is an 'auction' thread on here somewhere.

Hiya - they have branches all over the UK - head office is in Nottingham (old Shipstones Brewery Building) - the Gold / Jewellery auction is happening at their Marchington site which is Uttoxeter.

If the coins sold for the price on the page they would be bargains - they won't - i have watched auctions and they go for higher prices -always remember to add in the commissions and commission VAT - you might save a bit - you might not as well.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Unless you are there in person you realistic  are not going to get a good deal, online commission is always higher than in person and by the time you add any dispatch costs which I usually minimum of £10 per item you would be much better off purchasing here

Archived