• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Old gold bangles

r85

These are probably over 60 to 70 years old. I have never got them valued.  I do not know where to start. I'm not sure what the purity of gold is in it but more than likely 22ct . I don't know if the gems are real. My mum had showed them to her friend and she was offering £5000 for the two but didn't want to sell at the time. And now wondering if I should have taken up the offer. 

IMG-20200302-WA0004.jpeg

Do they have hallmarks?
If they do take photos.
What do they weigh?
£5000 for the pair? - well depends on the weight but i might well be snapping someone's hand off.
The auction price a seller gets for gold jewellery is generally under spot price. There are stones in this - i don't know anything about stones, there are a few people here who know more about jewellery. Weigh the pieces accurately first - if you are selling them for this sort of money then get a electronic weighing scale, they are only a few quid and then you will know exactly how much these weigh. Hallmarks will tell us the carat of the gold.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Thank you for the advise. Im happy to pay to get them valued I might go to the jewellers tomorrow. Don't think they're worth £5000 as I don't see a hallmark on them. 

Get an insurance value and a retail value. Be prepared for offers based on the retail value. The jewellers will offer you less as they will want to make a profit. 

Forum members just want a good price.

I think we’d all be interested in this item if it was sent to a trusted forum member to hold for your first sale. 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

Garnets or possibly pink rubies tbh there are a fair few stones that colour and depending on what was in fashion when the piece was made. As for hallmarks. Take a look along any of the larger pieces of solid metal, around the hinge would be a good place to start.

Don't forget not all countries hallmark, to me the charm looks a later add-on and possibly lower CT. 

If you can't find hallmarks the only thing to do is test the CT which is easy enough

I got them valued but need to get a proper valuation with certificates. They aren't worth £5000.. and the stones aren't likely real. But it's 71g of gold , 20ct not 22 as I had thought. So I think just above £3000

48 minutes ago, r85 said:

I got them valued but need to get a proper valuation with certificates. They aren't worth £5000.. and the stones aren't likely real. But it's 71g of gold , 20ct not 22 as I had thought. So I think just above £3000

I would get another valuation depending on how good a jeweler's you used in first place.

Did they find a hallmark at all?

Personally I would be surprised if gemstones are paste as very cheap that size but I'm no expert.

Also what spotprice you gauging the value on?

Take them to an auction and ask the auctioneer what they will acheive, if they are any good he/she will want them in their auction.  For what its worth, imo 1920's jewellery can be worth good money, if your bangles are made by a good maker then again ap premium will be obtained.  Most gold will only be worth scrap + a % the buyer wants to pay. 

Archived