• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Perth mint 20g gold bar, fake or authentic?

Jakub

Hi, I bought a 20g perth mint gold bar through the Ebay but it looks pretty strange for me. Can you please check the attached scans and dimensions and let me know is look genuine or counterfeit. Thank you Jakub 

Card and bar weight: 26.22 g
Card width:54.08 mm
Card Length: 85.14
Card Thickness:1.23 mn
Thickness including bar: 5.20 mm

Photo and scans:
Edited by Jakub

Looks a bit fishy to me if I'm being honest.

I'm no expert. 

From past mistakes I avoid eBay purchases on Au. 

Wait for a few more responses

Edited by Tn21

Found these measurements:

• Manufacturer: Perth Mint
  • Weight: 20 grams (0.64 oz)
  • Purity: 999,9 (24 carat)
  • Width: 18.2mm
  • Height: 31.6mm
  • Thickness: 2.2mm

Yours look very fat☹

PS: Try to measure the bar, not card.

Edited by Ceaiu

i don't buy gold bars - there are too many fakes. Even if it isn't fake who eventually buys it off me may well doubt the bar.

I would never ever buy a gold bar off ebay. 
You are in doubt - you will always be in doubt - send it back - don't buy stuff like this off ebay. 
Buy decent coins off the silver forum.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

8 minutes ago, Jakub said:

I don't want to take out in case that I need to return it, if none can't confirm authentic in next few day I'll do this

You don't have to take it out to measure lenght and width (approximate).

The best indicator should be thickness though.

1 hour ago, Jakub said:

20g perth mint gold bar... Ebay... looks  strange.... is genuine or counterfeit...

File INAD and return it to the seller, if they are selling fakes they know it and they will accept it, but you will have to pay the postage back (I think). If they won't I think ebay always side with buyer if there is reasonable doubt.

Never buy high value gold/silver from ebay unless it's from verified sources.

tenor-2.gif

Edited by Foe

26 minutes ago, Ceaiu said:

You don't have to take it out to measure lenght and width (approximate).

The best indicator should be thickness though.

It's looks like have 3.2- 3.3mm Thickness and correct width and heigt

On another note if you really want to buy from ebay, then buy coins as they ars so much harder to fake cause their design, weight and diameter. Bars with their almost generic letters are easier to fake than elaborate design on coins.

It it looks too thick. The space between the gold bar and the dark edge of the card looks too big, although I am comparing with my 1 oz bar.  I would be surprised if it is not fake.

I checked the bar again and these imperfections where the serial number lies do not exist on mine.

fake.jpg

Edited by maminzlaten

2 hours ago, Tattoedamat said:

Have you checked the wieght?

I only checked the weight including card, it's 26.22 g

I emailed to the Perth mint to confirm dimensions and serial number,  I'll let you know is fake or not. Thank you for help.

• 1 year later...