• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

007 at 7:00, Monday

Shinus73

Just now, richatthecroft said:

I’m trying to work out the mintage on this 5oz- in the blurb it says 250 and next to the price 150- what do you make of this? 

Will be propably another 100 in some sets .

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, richatthecroft said:

I’m trying to work out the mintage on this 5oz- in the blurb it says 250 and next to the price 150- what do you make of this? 

Just buy it dammit! :D Will be sold out soon 😛 And I won't get one, sadly.

11 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Thanks for the heads up re the 5oz. The better design for sure. I decided against the 2oz because of the design but the 5oz is lovely! 

I agree. Managed to pick up a 5oz but I wouldn't bother with the others. 

31 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I have only (and I am jinxing myself now) has milk spotting on bullion. The Unas I have had were lovely and those I still have are still perfect. I’ve never had a 2014 Brit, but all the other proofs are in good nick. Maybe I am just lucky!

Fair enough, reassuring to hear - maybe im being unfair and the good ones don't get traded so ive only seen the bad ones. Hope I'm lucky too then as i’ve just taken a 5oz silver, think it’ll display well alongside the gold set.

Just now, LolRasta said:

You think I have a time limit to flip it? I should wait to get it right ?

Yeah I would say so. The hyped releases tend to get bought out almost entirely by flippers and then prices spike for people that really want them but it only lasts so long. Once those that actually want them get them in hand demand falls and prices with it. Most proof coins wind up being worth significantly less than RRP in the long term. I'd wait to have it but thats just my paranoia - I don't trust any order from the RM until it ships - they can cancel orders at any time.

2 minutes ago, MikeW said:

Fair enough, reassuring to hear - maybe im being unfair and the good ones don't get traded so ive only seen the bad ones. Hope I'm lucky too then as i’ve just taken a 5oz silver, think it’ll display well alongside the gold set.

Yes, that will look great. I also bought a 5oz version. The image of the Aston Martin head on is lovely and much more (I think) appealing than the other designs.

2 minutes ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

Yeah I would say so. The hyped releases tend to get bought out almost entirely by flippers and then prices spike for people that really want them but it only lasts so long. Once those that actually want them get them in hand demand falls and prices with it. Most proof coins wind up being worth significantly less than RRP in the long term. I'd wait to have it but thats just my paranoia - I don't trust any order from the RM until it ships - they can cancel orders at any time.

Thanks for the insight and replaying. Where do you think I should sell it ebay ? I hope RM dont mess me up oh jeez worth less in the long run that does not sound good oh well I like the coin anyway.

Been on and got the one oz silver, 1/4 gold and 5 oz silver.

I only saw the 5 oz silver later in the morning. Was it there from the start? My issue now is I have been charged £9 postage fees, twice. Grr.  Where did £9 postage bloody well come from? 

6 minutes ago, LolRasta said:

Thanks for the insight and replaying. Where do you think I should sell it ebay ? I hope RM dont mess me up oh jeez worth less in the long run that does not sound good oh well I like the coin anyway.

Yeah ebay can be good but only really when they are doing the £1 max fees listing periods. You'll lose too much in fees otherwise.

Its always impossible to say how proof coins will do in the long run. Most do fail long term but some don't and some do completely crazy unexpected things like the gold Una and the Lion. There's a lot of James Bond fans around the world so that could see these keep their value but nothing is guaranteed. As ever with proof coins its best to buy them because you really like them.

Added 0 minutes later...
2 minutes ago, Jeffers46 said:

I only saw the 5 oz silver later in the morning. Was it there from the start? My issue now is I have been charged £9 postage fees, twice. Grr.  Where did £9 postage bloody well come from? 

Get in touch with them. This sounds like the sort of thing they should be able to sort out for you so you're only charged once.

After my panic buying this morning I went back onto the website to look properly at what was available and realised that yes the 5oz silver looks like the one to get🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️
So I bit the bullet and ordered one when it was about 75% reserved

27 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

I have gone with my gut feeling- I was dithering- haven’t bought 

Same here I added one to the basket + I tried loads of different codes trying to get into the secret discounts but failed , then there was a £9 postage charge added 😣 so I bailed out quick glad I did now 😄

21 minutes ago, Jeffers46 said:

I ordered a couple because I didn't notice them either, just called up and they refused to combine postage because its separate orders and they say all coins were on from the start which I am 99% certain is incorrect, also they said because I ordered the 1oz proof and the 1oz proof 3 coin set I won't get because I could only have 1 per household even though its 2 different offers

Can someone explain me, why there are 2 different issues, the normal one and the special one?

Hopefully the mintage for 5oz is only little higher than the limited edition presentation mintage what is stated on their site. Confusing that both numbers 150 and 250 are mentioned, so which is the correct one.

For me the design of the special one looks better. 

3 minutes ago, happy2gether said:

Can someone explain me, why there are 2 different issues, the normal one and the special one?

Marketing- James Bond, Special Agent- special set of coins buried away on the website...

Well done for finding them, your mission is complete 😉

Prices are crazy. Previous big releases from RM were around £60/65 per Oz for silver proof. Now it’s £90 plus.

With so many variants of sizes and sets and constant new releases its all a bit daft really. I’ve noticed this more and more and that’s just in the last 3 yrs since I became interested in PM’s

48 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Yes, that will look great. I also bought a 5oz version. The image of the Aston Martin head on is lovely and much more (I think) appealing than the other designs.

Had to be done. Couldn’t resist it, the 5oz design is so much more pleasing on the eye 👍🏼

Archived