• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

007 at 7:00, Monday

Shinus73

1 minute ago, SilverMike said:

Spoke to RM this morning chasing up mine, apparently stock not sue until end of June 😶

Thanks for this! Yes, I was told that they’ve not even minted them all yet. The next round is supposedly set for 15 June. So, end of June seems about right. Exciting times!! 

Captain Cook 2020 (£2) should be with us all soon too...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

My 5oz silver is going back after having a proper look at it, terrible QC:

No COA

capsule stuck, half on half not - I’d almost certainly break it if I try and get it off

the outer box has been dropped on the corner, the delivery packaging is fine so it’s happened prior to packing

coin has a horrible little dark corrosive spot on it (Spotted it in the first 20 seconds and stopped looking for any other problems which I expect there will be)

I’m reluctantly asking for a replacement as I think these may do well, but not really bothered if they simply refund

7 hours ago, CadmiumGreen said:

Mine was finally released from The Royal Mint Prison today and headed across the pond...to be received with eventual disappointment it is appearing?

I do hope not 🤞, perhaps I've just been unlucky, i got mine on Saturday so its a ‘Friday coin’ in more ways than just the literal one..

I am expecting mine today. Not as excited as I should be for this one. Have others also not received the CoA?

This production of this coin has really perplexed me. They released a handful and then stopped (as per youtube videos of people opening theirs months and months ago!) and then said they had to mint more and that was being delayed. And then there was an issue with packaging and now they are sending them out without CoAs.....???? There is only so much that they can blame on corona, surely?

A.

1 hour ago, SilverMike said:

I do hope not 🤞, perhaps I've just been unlucky, i got mine on Saturday so its a ‘Friday coin’ in more ways than just the literal one..

Thanks, buddy! Let’s hope they sent a fresh-minded, rejuvenated from the weekend, well caffeinated, highly motivated coin out this way!  

1 minute ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Just received mine.The coin is immaculate and impressive. Not a scratch or mark etc. (so far). No CoA.......

Has anyone spoken to the Mint about this?

A.

Good news 👍 I did speak to the mint yesterday when I thought my only issue was the missing COA and dodgy box and they confirmed it should have a COA with it and they were looking into getting a one sent out (rather than return and replace which is the default but seems crazy simply for a COA). In fairness to the lady I spoke to she was very helpful and pleasant.

18 minutes ago, SilverMike said:

Good news 👍 I did speak to the mint yesterday when I thought my only issue was the missing COA and dodgy box and they confirmed it should have a COA with it and they were looking into getting a one sent out (rather than return and replace which is the default but seems crazy simply for a COA). In fairness to the lady I spoke to she was very helpful and pleasant.

How on earth are they going to do this re the CoA. They think CoA’s have been sent out and so how do they know which ones have and have not gone out. How to avoid duplication? This is a total mess......

Just now, AndrewSL76 said:

How on earth are they going to do this re the CoA. They think CoA’s have been sent out and so how do they know which ones have and have not gone out. How to avoid duplication? This is a total mess......

Agreed, makes the COA's a bit of a farce. 

374AE0A5-C70A-41C3-BF9C-55B8D40813DE_4_5005_c.jpeg.5ccdb41cebcc1d33e0592973e1998ade.jpeg

2 minutes ago, SilverMike said:

Agreed, makes the COA's a bit of a farce. 

This is going to be a mess, for sure. Those with the sexy CoA’s are going to be annoyed as you can guarantee that anyone selling a coin with 007 or 001 will have questions asked about the authenticity of those!!!!

29 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

This is going to be a mess, for sure. Those with the sexy CoA’s are going to be annoyed as you can guarantee that anyone selling a coin with 007 or 001 will have questions asked about the authenticity of those!!!!

I saw one with the 007 cert on eBay. Sold I think for £1400. From Romania. 

54 minutes ago, Jeffers46 said:

Are those dots on the windscreen of the car? How’s the quality of yours overall?

Just checked ,they were on capsule but found small dots which propably will get black over time.

Interesting photos. Mine only has one small discolored spot but I noticed it as soon as I opened the box. Given the cost of the coin I'm going to send it back for a replacement.

They told me that the COAs are being reprinted so I'm guessing there's a mistake regarding silver content or issue number. I imagine that they haven't kept records so people will get new numbers. If so it will be bad for the 007 that's sold! 

A seller on eBay is describing their 5oz CoA-less coin in the following terms:

Why So Rare ?

The Presentation Box is Missing The Ribbon That Holds The Coa And Also The Pull Tab That Is Used For Aiding The Removal Of The Base... A Genuine Rare Mistake By The Royal Mint ( Both Of Which Are Clearly Visible On The Issuing Pictures).

This Is Why They Are Missing In My Photos !

2 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

A seller on eBay is describing their 5oz CoA-less coin in the following terms:

Why So Rare ?

The Presentation Box is Missing The Ribbon That Holds The Coa And Also The Pull Tab That Is Used For Aiding The Removal Of The Base... A Genuine Rare Mistake By The Royal Mint ( Both Of Which Are Clearly Visible On The Issuing Pictures).

This Is Why They Are Missing In My Photos !

Damn, have i missed an opportunity having one with this rare mistake?!! 😄 

Archived