• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Has "Helicopter money" Landed and being rolled out!?

Version 2.xxx  of money printing in the global economy IMHO!

Hong Kong to give cash gift of $1,200 to residents

Hong Kong will hand out cash to adult permanent residents, to help boost spending and ease financial burden.

As part of the annual budget, $10,000 Hong Kong dollars ($1,280; £985) was announced for about seven million people over the age of 18.

The territory's economy has been battered by months of violent political unrest, and more recently suffered from the impact of the coronavirus.

The city has had 81 confirmed cases of the virus and two deaths.

"Hong Kong's economy is facing enormous challenges this year," Financial Secretary Paul Chan said on Wednesday.

"After careful consideration, I have decided to disburse HK$10,000 to Hong Kong permanent residents aged 18 or above, with a view to encouraging and boosting local consumption on the one hand, and relieving people's financial burden on the other," Mr Chan said.

The individual handouts are part of a HK$120bn relief package to ease the impact of the protests and virus on the economy.

Authorities will also lower public housing rent and there will be rebates in salary and property taxes.

The budget deficit is projected to rise to nearly $18bn by 2021 - a record for the territory.

From here - - - > > >  https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-51640456

45 minutes ago, goldking said:

Hopefully BoJo will do something similar here and I can top up my sovereign stash!  :lol: :lol:

@goldking - joking aside!

That is the "BEST" thing you could do with it - "IF" it did occur here!

The reason this can does and will - occur is keeping the "PARTY GOING" just like 1923 

Print sh* t and feed it to the "sheeple", and those that have NOT a clue, will blow it to make themselves (temporarily) feel good about the economy!

Meanwhile that act has devalued/diluted the purchasing power of the "fiat" they are falling for!

So if it did happen here (IMHO - it is a possibility) - buy the stuff that will go up as the £ goes down! 

• 4 weeks later...

Don’t be this guy...

New Mexico man, angered by not qualifying for coronavirus check, tried to set wife on fire, police allege.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-mexico-man-coronavirus-relief-check-wife-fire

Note, that the wife told police that Macias had come home around 5 p.m. with a four-pack of beer, “upset because he did not qualify for the stimulus check.”

A four-pack of beer! Either he drank two of a full six-pack or the guy couldn’t afford a full six-pack of beer and really needs that helicopter money!!!😆

11 minutes ago, KDave said:

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2020/04/7da7d45bcdaa-breaking-news-japan-govt-mulls-giving-200000-yen-in-cash-to-each-household-in-need.html

I am disappointed for them, initially it was meant to be 300,000 yen a pop now only 100,000 ($1000 ish). $1000 will still get you a couple of sovs though 

The initial 300,000 yen (£2,230) was per household, dependant on income. Now the wording is 100,000 yen (£743) per citizen. Just have to wait and see.

I was hoping they would maybe look at some form of tax break for those still working. But I cant complain,got offered a bottle of wine as a thank you from my company. Don't even drink anymore. Lol

12 minutes ago, HelpingHands said:

I don't think they will in the UK.  They won't want to give a 'bonus' to people already on long term benefits.

I think that only the bennies class will be given additional money, because the govt knows that money given to them will actually stimulate the economy as oppose to be put into savings. 

Added 0 minutes later...

You don't give stimulus to the ants, if you want spending you give it to the grasshoppers

Archived