• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Buying gold via UK based LTD company

StanTheMan

Good Evening.

I am wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.

I am thinking about investing my LTD company money in UK gold and platinum bullion coins, which I belive are CGT Tax exempt.

The plan is to invest a certain ammount of money every month for long term (several years).

I did not discuss that with my accoutant yet, just doing some "due diligence" in here.

What would be tax implication for the above investment?

What is the best way my accountant can present the investment to HMRC?

Will my company have to pay taxes / charges anually for any reason when holding the bullion or the tax may be possibly applied only after gold will be sold?

Many thanks for all constructive comments, any links to websites with info regarding the above matter will be also much appreciated!

Regards, Stan.

I'm not overly sure why you would want to?  CGT Tax would apply to an individual too, so there wouldn't be any additional benefit to buying through a company.  Only UK-currency coins are CGT exempt: Sovereigns, Britannias - not foreign made coins.

Wouldn't putting the gold in a company also then leave it liable to being used to clear any debts / claims against the company? 

31 minutes ago, StanTheMan said:

Good Evening.

I am wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.

I am thinking about investing my LTD company money in UK gold and platinum bullion coins, which I belive are CGT Tax exempt.

The plan is to invest a certain ammount of money every month for long term (several years).

I did not discuss that with my accoutant yet, just doing some "due diligence" in here.

What would be tax implication for the above investment?

What is the best way my accountant can present the investment to HMRC?

Will my company have to pay taxes / charges anually for any reason when holding the bullion or the tax may be possibly applied only after gold will be sold?

Many thanks for all constructive comments, any links to websites with info regarding the above matter will be also much appreciated!

Regards, Stan.

Stan, as an accountant I would recommend speaking to your accountant. There are countless situational permutations based around your own personal circumstances and no amount of research will get you to a satisfactory answer. I wish you luck though.

i very very much doubt you will find capital gains in gold through a company holding will be tax free. They will be classed as part of your profits when the gold is sold and will be taxed.
There are always ways of dodging the tax bullets if you are inventive and adventurous and there is enough to warrant the effort but a straight buy gold onto the company balance sheet won't be one of them. 
If you can get the loot out of the company with minimal to no damages and then put it into gold then that would be better.

ps most accountant i have found are not particularly inventive or adventurous.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

I looked into this a few years ago and was put off by the enormous complexity and room for HMRC to chose how to treat it. 

Plus...and this was the kicker I believe you have to list it as a company asset / investment....  Given these are all public documents I did not want to list it as an asset and become a potential “target” for thieves.  

I am VERY happy to be corrected by an accountant, but that is what my accountant at the time advised.

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

Archived