• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Elton John, more Queen, more James Bond, William Wordsworth

h103efa

Just now, Oldun said:

Neverending....all gone Canadian Mint...pumping em out and flooding/killing the market.

I was typing a response pretty much exactly the same but I couldn't remember which mint it was that does that. Kinda had it with RM now i think apart from sovs, and even those they are really milking it. I guess stocking up funds for when they no longer make circulation coins for the UK as demand is dropping.

Here they are: - Gazette proclaimations! See @GoodAsGold I'm on it!

Plenty of Gold and Silver options

(a) Elton John’s boater hat, glasses and bow tie set against a union flag and the inscription “ELTON JOHN”; or

(b) a keyboard, drum, bass and electric guitar accompanied by a microphone and the inscription “QUEEN”.
https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3489334

Britannia Silver 50p and 20p
https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3489335

Different design £5 gold, silver CuNi incl
Wordsworth - he reverse a depiction of a scene from the Lake District and the inscription “1770 WILLIAM WORDSWORTH 1850” and the quote “NATURE NEVER DID BETRAY THE HEART THAT LOVED HER”. The coin shall have a plain edge and in incuse letters the inscription “I WANDERED LONELY AS A CLOUD”

Our Royal Arms - Eng, Scot, Wales and NI designs
and another with depiction of a lion, a unicorn, a stag and a dragon surrounding a crown
https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3489337

James Bond Gold, Silver CuNi options

a) a depiction of the Bond car from Goldfinger set against part of the 007 logo and accompanied by the inscription “BOND, JAMES BOND”; or

(b) a depiction of the Bond car from The Spy Who Loved Me set against part of the 007 logo, accompanied by the inscription “PAY ATTENTION 007”; or

(c) a depiction of James Bond’s torso in a dinner jacket and bow tie set against part of the 007 logo, accompanied by the inscription “SHAKEN NOT STIRRED”.
https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3489338

26 minutes ago, h103efa said:

a) a depiction of the Bond car from Goldfinger set against part of the 007 logo and accompanied by the inscription “BOND, JAMES BOND”; o

Thats the DB 5 isnt it? Balls.... ok, ill get that and THEN nothing else ;) 

I hear that The Royal Mint has this series coming out...I think it was called the Queen’s Beasts...Should be a good one.😁

Almost like The RM are flooding us with chaff and we have to find the proper target out of the myriad other false targets on the radar!!😆

28 minutes ago, CadmiumGreen said:

I hear that The Royal Mint has this series coming out...I think it was called the Queen’s Beasts...Should be a good one.😁

Almost like The RM are flooding us with chaff and we have to find the proper target out of the myriad other false targets on the radar!!😆

As he is so awesomly on my TV again i say only this!

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, h103efa said:

@h103efa  I am just wondering is there any way to do a search on the gazette announcements about the next coin the Great Engravers Series or do they just get posted to gazette randomly as and when it happens ? thanks 

23 hours ago, Paul said:

@h103efa  I am just wondering is there any way to do a search on the gazette announcements about the next coin the Great Engravers Series or do they just get posted to gazette randomly as and when it happens ? thanks 

yes they're just posted randomly some time beforehand

All you can do is search Royal Mint from time to time and see what pops up 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

22 hours ago, GoodAsGold said:

By the way @h103efa - what's happened to the science series? 

Have we still only had the Isaac Newton and Stephen Hawking 50p coins, and do you still have yours?

Or have I missed anything?

No idea really. I was looking forward to seeing thr next science related coins. I'm guessing with the engravers, music legends, dinosaurs, James bond and the yearly releases the Royal mint are covering quite a few bases. 

I'm still in turmoil about getting the £2 DNA coin in gold and would like to get the gold newton ala @terakris but just can't quite push the button. Hawking's is nicely tuckered away, graded 70 in case it is the first in series? 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived