• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Help please!

Jeffers46

I bought 3 old britannia's from my Dad, he said he never took them out if the capsules they came in.

I tried to take them out, I got the lid off and the coins were in so tight I had to crack the capsule in half to get them out.

Sorry it wasn't help one of them was 2001 so had Una and the lion 

Please Find me on Instagram  HERE            

The capsules that came with the una's the CC got failed there quality control so they got new ones from the mint and replaced them before the coins could be sent from the CC, so there was some issue with the capsules that the mint were sending.

I believe mine was a screw capsule if I remember right, but can't be 100% on that.

Hi all,

Thanks for all the replies!This is a very kind forum. Yes it was a screw capsule and I broke it as i was trying to screw it closed. My heart skipped a beat when it happened!!

I will contact the mint and CC for a replacement- it sounds like there was an issue with these capsules anyway? Or could just be me!

Still love looking at my Una and the lion. What a coin.

I am organising with arcglide RE the QB's capsules. I dont think the Una will fit as it was a unique size? 

• 2 weeks later...

Had an update from the mint- initially they wanted me to send back the coin and capsule to replace the whole product. This worried me as there is no way I will be sending the coin back, i love it and won’t part with it in case they send me a different one back with the new capsule. After all it is just the capsule that is broken. 

When I made clear my concerns I have had another response saying that as the coin is sold out they will escalate to the returns team and look to replace the capsule only. Still waiting for confirmation but if that happens I will be a happy little coinster. It’s only right to praise the mint when they get things right. 

Moved to discussion area.  It ws a question on where to buy and now there has been contact with the Mint with a possible solution.  Might be handy for anyone else with the same issue with this, past or future coins.

I don't see why they can't either sell or make it easy for people to get replacement caps.

I had an issue with a New Zealand Mint box once.  Emailed NZ Mint with pics etc and they sent me a new box.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived